5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely, fun, fresh read
I bought this book this morning & finished it in a few hours. It's been a long time since a 'chick-lit' book has captivated me so much I couldn't put it down, like this book did.
Published 11 months ago by Horsegirl75

3.0 out of 5 stars Good chick lit
Believable characters and a happy ending with a couple if nice twists along the way. Fun seeing how it ends up
Published 11 months ago by Jennifer

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely, fun, fresh read, 23 Aug 2013
This review is from: It Would be Wrong to Steal My Sister's Boyfriend (Wouldn't It?): A Wicked Romance (Kindle Edition)
The story trips along at just the right pace. There were no areas where the story dragged or likewise where you feel information & plot is being thrown at you. The author has got it perfectly right.
It was very cleverly written with a lovely style that felt comfortable but certainly not boring. Some of the little quips had me chuckling & the plot & characters despite the hefty dose of glamour thrown in remained believable.
A brilliant, enjoyable read that I can happily recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not your normal chick -lit, 23 Aug 2013
I was not expecting this book to be as gloriously witty and clever as it was.

I was properly laughing at loud and snorting my tea out of my nose at parts ...'M***e-Bus' anyone?

From the title and the cover I was expecting to be underwhelmed with an average chick-lit book. This was much more then that, am so please I picked I downloaded it (bargain price too!)

A really good read, I hope the author does more. I shall be recommending to friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Where has my day gone?, 23 Aug 2013
I got a sample of this along with several other books on my kindle last night and having read them this one grabbed me right away.

I picked it up again this morning and couldn't put it down. I had to find out what was going to happen to them all and even though their lives in no way mirror mine I really cared about them.

The author has a wonderful way with words and I really could imagine myself in some of the wonderful places her characters frequented.

I can't wait to pick up the next one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great summer read, 23 Aug 2013
This is a good book to download as a holiday read. It is an easy, compelling read and I wanted to keep on page turning. The characters are better developed than you'd often get in these sorts of books, particularly the main character.

This is a debut novel but hopefully not the last from Sophie Ranald.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sophie Ranald, the next Jilly Cooper?, 24 Aug 2013
I found this novel thoroughly enjoyable, but think we will find that this is Ms Ranald's "Emily" to her yet to come "Riders".
I believe Sophie Ranald has the writing ability to become really great in this genre, especially if she continues to not shy away from some swearing, sex and scandal and keeps her finger on the pulse of current affairs(of politics, peoples day to day living, as well as the affairs of the celebs!).

Read and enjoy this book, and then look forward to what is yet to come from this author!

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun, witty read, 23 Aug 2013
CJ Thompson (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Prepare to lose the next few hours of your day once you pick up this clever, fun and charming new novel - it's as easy to read as your favourite tub of ice cream is to eat and left me galloping through the pages, keen to see how the various characters and their stories would play out.

The perfect holiday or beach read, highly recommended and deserving of a place in the bestsellers' list.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, sexy, sweary, 24 Aug 2013
R. A. Harris (Surrey) - See all my reviews
I loved this. I'm not usually a chicklit fan but the absence of a pink and mint green cover made me think this might be a cut above - and it is. Ellie has a brilliant narrative voice: funny, opinionated, and deeply confused as all the best twentysomethings are. The contrast between the lefties and the richies was also spot-on.

Be warned: it's quite sweary - but that means the dialogue rings very true (or maybe that's just me and my girlfriends!).

Will definitely be looking for more from Sophie Ranald.

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant read - Funny, fresh and enjoyable, 15 Oct 2013
Megan ReadingInTheSunshine (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
I was really intrigued by this book - the title grabbed my attention immediately and the description on the back definitely had me wondering what would happen, and I hadn't even opened the book yet!

I sat down to read this on a morning and I finished the book in one sitting, I genuinely could not put the novel down! I was drawn in straight away and I was hooked to what I was reading. A bit of a warning - make sure you read this when you have some free time because you will not want to be parted from this!

I really liked the characters, it was so easy to get to know them and by the end of the novel I felt as though I had a new set of close friends. I wasn't sure from reading the description on the back of the book whether I'd get on with Ellie, after all, she is after her sister's new boyfriend. But what was great was that Ellie remained SO likeable, her personality came through straight away and I found myself wanting to read on to find out what would happen next for Ellie.

I had so much FUN reading this book - there are moments where I was giggling and laughing out loud, Sophie really knows how to write funny moments! As well as that, Sophie's writing is very real too, everything felt very true to life.

The plot line was fantastic, there are truly BRILLIANT characters to meet and most of it all it is a story that is a joy to read! It Would Be Wrong To Steal My Sister's boyfriend is fresh, it is funny and it has lots of emotion and feeling too! I'm really looking forward to reading more from Sophie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect chick lit, 23 Aug 2013
A perfect chick lit book - witty, light, charming, unputdownable. The characters felt like old friends - I wanted to go out for a drink with Ellie and Ben and lusted after Ollie and Rose. I loved the detail (a normal view of attachment parenting FTW!) and the plot just skipped along beautifully. Fab.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bloody good read, 24 Aug 2013
A fantastic mix of characters. Ellie instantly likeable, and relatable to.i read the book in a couple of hours, but now feel sad for doing so. I wish I had savoured it, as it is like a an old friend whose life you wish to keep up to date with.

10/ 10 perfect to read on holiday, or as the winter nights begin to close in, and you want to lose yourself fully.