5.0 out of 5 stars Maxpedition Proteus Versipack
After much hunting around, I settled on this Versipack, largely because pretty much every review of alternative packs I read, mentioned poor construction, stitching coming undone etc. This piece of kit is as rugged as it comes, and is as large a bumbag-style pack as you would want.

Published 19 months ago by __spc__

3.0 out of 5 stars Has its uses
Smaller than I expected, to much strapping which is unnecessary, good for pistol shooting gear or Hiking necessities...
I keep my navigation and long distance eye piece in mine.
Published 19 days ago by EEZYEYES

5.0 out of 5 stars Maxpedition Proteus Versipack, 23 Feb 2013

4 zip compartments, with inside dividers, plus external webbing attachments make this a really useful piece of kit. Maximum belt size is about 44" waist.

Mine is in Khaki which looks great.

I bought this for orienteering/hiking, where I do between 7-20 miles at a time. Plenty of room for some emergency kit, plus water and rations. My waterproofs I'll just rig onto the webbing loops with paracord.

5 stars from me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 5 Jun 2014
This is a really great little pack from Maxpedition. This is a newer version from the photo as it has the two D clips attached for use with a shoulder strap than can be purchased separately. I've just got the 1.5" Maxpedition shoulder strap in foliage green and it's just right for this pack and colour as the webbing and waist strap is also foliage green.
Maxpedition in my opinion make the best packs you can buy and this one is no exception! I plan on getting the larger version of this pack - the Sabercat very soon!
PS - The colour of my pack is Khaki/Foliage. Check out the reviews on YouTube for all the Maxpedition products

5.0 out of 5 stars If you're considering it, you should take it, 6 Aug 2014
We all know and love Maxpedition for their quality and this item is no exception. Everything is extremely sturdy and the materials are of prime quality (impervious to the rain to, which helps quite much!). I'm a rather large guy and the width of this bag very well matches my chest preventing it from getting in the way or hitting it with my hand while walking. Do mind though, that the belt is none too long which means that gentlemen with beer gut might find it difficult or simply impossible to buckle it up.
The interior is well designed, with a number of additional compartments for better managing the space and preventing the contents from trashing around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bum bag with a difference, 29 Jun 2014
A little smaller than I thought, although I can still get a packable waterproof jacket and trousers in the main compartment. Very well made with lots of upgrade options. You will want to add a drinks holder (which are EXPENSIVE) but there are good ones available from other sources with MOLLE straps - and I find them best on the belt itself so you can get a drink easily on the go. A great alternative to a mini back pack if you want to keep your shoulders and back exposed to a cooling breeze!

3.0 out of 5 stars Has its uses, 28 Aug 2014
I keep my navigation and long distance eye piece in mine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good things has price, 3 Sep 2014
I bought this bag to carry tools at my work. Very happy, good quality. Will last.

5.0 out of 5 stars Versipack, 4 April 2010
Provides a herculean 285 cu. in. of organized storage space and can be worn like a fannypack, hand-carried, piggy-backed onto MAXPEDITION backpacks, or integrated onto ALICE or MOLLE webbing. Equipped with compression straps that snap into the integral handle to secure contents and three rows of nylon webbing attachment points to accommodate modular accessories, this is one piece of gear you must have before setting forth on your odyssey

3.0 out of 5 stars Versipak, 20 Jun 2014
M Bayley (UK) - See all my reviews
As a child in the 80's, I loved my bumbag. When I grew to about 11, I stopped wearing it, but I could not recall why. I bought this because I wanted to carry things with me when cycling, but not wear a pack on my back, as I am a keen perspirer.

The versipack is quite big (4.6 litres sounds a lot, but the side pockets are a waste in my opinion) it is rugged, but the top is secured with two clips on a strap... secure, but maybe a little overkill... especially when you're in the middle of a shop trying to remove your wallet, from essentially... a bumbag.

The belt is very comfortable, the design of the pockets, even when full, somehow prevents wobbling / chaffing, very well made.

Why not 5 stars? It's a bumbag and it's far too fiddly due to over manufacture (for its size) and some of the size is wasted on side pockets.