5.0 out of 5 stars slither of light
Good read, I have been reading science fiction now for 50 years and I never tire reading the genre. This book let's in a slither of light into the life of a SF reader.
Published 10 months ago by ballackluft13

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok
Because i had bought both books together decided to give this one ago but it's not for me.wont be buying any more
Published 8 months ago by Magpie

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, 10 Jun. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars slither of light, 22 April 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall an interesting and enjoyable read, 22 April 2014
This review is from: Distant Suns - The Journey Home (Kindle Edition)
This book reminded me a little of the 'Rama' series by Arthur C Clarke. Some of the bits regarding the breakdown of society were a little unrealistic, I think in reality that technology and society would break down far sooner than indicated. At one point near the end, with most people dying or dead from heat and lack of water, it seemed that the phone network was still working. In reality I'm sure all infrastructure would have failed long before with no one to maintain it. I like the idea of an Alien species rendezvous and sharing of technology. The end leaves scope for a further book, which I hope gets written.

5.0 out of 5 stars distant suns - page turner, 4 April 2014
This review is from: Distant Suns - The Journey Home (Kindle Edition)
A great follow up book, even better than the first, surprising twists to the story. Can't wait for the next.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good story - but with an abrupt ending, 6 Oct. 2013
Mazza "book rat" (Gloucester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Distant Suns - The Journey Home (Kindle Edition)
To be truthful, I thought I was reading maybe the second part of a scifi trilogy here (does this follow her earlier novel 'Distant Suns'? because I have not read that). 95% of this book had me rivetted, but the author obviously didn't know where to go with it, resulting in a very abrupt and disappointing ending.

The story centres around a disaster of magnitude, how it affects the world and the measures mankind takes to ensure its survival. With the end of the world nigh, 1500 people are chosen to board a starship that will take 4000 years to reach a habitable planet. Another large group are planning to survive in an underground bunker. Read on - I won't spoil the story, but would urge the author to rewrite the ending of this book, and then write a sequel which encompasses and expands the ideas in the final chapter.

4.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable read, 18 Aug. 2014
Mogo (Manchester UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Distant Suns - The Journey Home (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed the story, some quite thought provoking stuff about how we will react when we eventually meet alien life and quite how mercenary we are as a species.

5.0 out of 5 stars a great read, 20 Aug. 2014
A. Rea (Cornwall) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Distant Suns - The Journey Home (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book, there are so many SF stories out there about wars etc., thank goodness this was not one of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Distant suns, 24 July 2014