4.0 out of 5 stars Fairly comprehensive. Easy to follow., 25 July 2014
This review is from: Self Publishing in Ebook and Print: A practical guide for the technically challenged (Kindle Edition)
The book takes you stage by stage through the process for Amazon, Createspace and Smashwords from formatting your text to US tax exemption. Easy to follow guidance. Helped a lot. Seems excellent for turning straight-forward stories into ebooks. I found the explanations of style boxes and other Word features very useful; they introduced me to areas of Word Processing I hadn't tried before (despite using Word for basic stuff for about 20 years).
Trench's book helped a great deal. Rather than a computer-speak approach to problems, she refers to the actual problems she had when producing her ebooks. This brought the subject 'to life' as I also experienced similar problems. But of course, along with most other works on this subject, it would be impossible to answer every specific problem. (I am currently trying to format a fairly complicated book for teachers with lots of tables and pictures. ) Therefore perhaps more references to useful "ebook help" forums and other sources would make it a complete work should she revise it (which, as she says, you can do far more easily with ebooks than with printed works. After reading this book I feel that I have improved my skills despite sitill looking for some of the answers.

5.0 out of 5 stars absolute clarity for the technically challenged, 26 Jan. 2014
I bought this book after attending a brilliant workshop run by Patsy Trench. Her approach is so straightforward, and she makes all the technical stuff so clear and simple that even I, prone to bad language and smacking the laptop in frustration, found I could not only understand what was going on, but was excited about doing it. This ebook is even more detailed, and a must for those of you who, like me, feel daunted at the thought of mastering the technicalities. Patsy Trench makes it all seem so easy. Go for it!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the book I've been searching for!, 20 Sept. 2013
This book does exactly what it says - it walks you through everything you need to know about setting up your book for e publishing and print. It makes it sound so easy and tells you each click you need to make. I haven't had chance to follow the instructions and try it out properly, but it sounds like it will be a much easier process that I was expecting. I can't recommend this book highly enough. If you're new to self publishing and are feeling daunted by the task and you're not the most technical person, then this is the book for you!