5.0 out of 5 stars Diamond Clean & Diamond Fast!
Published 21 months ago by NR2

1.0 out of 5 stars On/off switch faulty after 7 months, seeking to return
I really liked this toothbrush when I first got it. It cleans well and does not hurt my gums unlike a much cheaper OralB toothbrush I had previously. Unfortunately after 7 months a fault has developed with the on/off switch where it runs on its own (hear a strange noise in the bathroom and it has switched itself on hours after being used), or will not switch off/change...
Published 9 days ago by RuthC

5.0 out of 5 stars Diamond Clean & Diamond Fast!, 28 Nov 2012
NR2 (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I couldn't believe the price of this toothbrush when I went to high street shops, not even being able to find it at the major stockists who sell Philips Sonicare toothbrush products. I was really delighted to be able to find this product on Amazon UK and for having a cheaper cost price than the current "top of the line" Philips rechargeable toothbrushes without the Sonic technology.

I have been a fan of Sonic brushes since 2000. My first Sonic brush was by Philips and then replaced by the rather excellent Braun Sonic Complete. Over the years though the Braun has started to get weaker with its battery and the Sonicare HX9332/04 by Philips seemed like the ideal replacement. There are tons of things about this brush product that really appeal to me, not least the funky actual glass tumbler where the toothbrush can be left in it to charge - provided you slot in the plug charger base underneath it. However, as a freelance musician and researcher, the material clad "reading glasses" travel case is more appropriate to me where charging is concerned as there's a permanently built in 2.0 USB cord already sealed into the unit which makes it easy to charge off any PC or MAC, or even if you have a USB battery charger plug for an iPod! I much prefer Philips decision here to fit the older style 2.0 USB cord as it makes it easier if you have an old work laptop with you on business trips and the case itself is well made and able to withstand general abuse.

When it comes to general use, this is a very classy toothbrush. Decked out in a smooth ceramic finish and five cleaning modes ("Clean," "White," "Polish," "Gum Care," and "Sensitive."), I find the Sonicare HX9332 to do what it largely says on the box. You get a smaller clean head and a standard larger toothbrush head with the travel case, each having lift off protective caps. At the time of waiting for my Philips Sonicare to arrive, I ordered a basic set of three standard Sonicare toothbrush heads from Argos and was delighted to find that they fit the Sonicare HX9332/04 Diamond Clean, even if it fails to say so on the box. However, when it comes to actual performance, I find there's a big difference between the replacement heads and the ones suitable for Diamond Clean.

The highest "clean" speed can be a bit too abrasive if you are not used to it, but this is a very powerful brush able to select just one of the speeds by pressing on the main button once to go down the list, highlighted by the lights of the words that appear easily when activated. A built in timer and quad cycle tells me when it is time to change the angle of the brush and compared to my Braun Sonic Complete brush head, the Philips Diamond Clean is a lot smaller and far more nimble to reach into the farthest corners of my mouth. A claim on the box that the brush can give whiter teeth in two weeks however was the biggest claim that has actually turned out to work - provided you go by the daily twice a day routine! A battery indicator in green also shows up whenever the brush is used and goes orange when it is time to charge up. Generally although it requires 6 to 10 hours for its initial charge out of the box, the Sonicare Diamond Clean only requires 4 to 8 hours thereafter for the claimed 2 week usage. I have only had the toothbrush for the month (but will update as time goes on) and found the initial charge has been sufficient without more charging - that's impressive!

However there are few downsides. Although the unit has a 1/2 minute timer built in, my Diamond Clean tends to stop before two minutes are up, or perhaps I'm going over the two minutes without really noticing, thus requiring to start up the brush again. However, compared to the Braun Sonic Complete's brush, toothpaste leakage is not much of an issue on account that the brush heads are thinner by diameter with longer, softer bristles. The bristles are also slightly longer than the standard green replacements you can buy, marked also by the white bristles and show an indication of when they need to be replaced. General things like pieces of nuts that get wedged deep into my bottom front set of teeth get whipped away by the Philips, cleanly compared to the Braun Sonic and logically best to keep your mouth closed as much as you can when using any Sonic brushes as the vibrations are far higher than a moveable brush head without the Sonic technology built in.

Generally I'm really pleased with the Philips Diamond Clean Sonic brush. Fast, quick to function and completely waterproof, the Sonic toothbrush is comfortable and not too noisy as well as being fairly light to handle and compact enough to boot. The only other downside is that the ceramic body is a bit too slippy to hold, even if it does look classy. Phillips could therefore add a bit more grippyness to the design to ensure that if it does fall out of your hands, the ceramic condition isn't marked. Thanks for reading. (c)NR2 2012.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for travellers, 3 Aug 2014
We swapped from the Braun Oral B Triumph 5000 to the product, primarily because of the claimed battery life - effectively 84 mins vs 40-45 mins and the USB charging. Both useful on longer business trips and holidays.
Having used Oral B brushes for 20 years, their chief drawback is short battery life that gets shorter too quickly. After 2 years, both our Triumph 5000's were down to 30 minutes.
The good news is that after 2 months, the Philips is running for 120 mins - significantly better than claimed.
Philips mechanism (vibration) is significantly different from Oral B (a partly rotating brush) but you get used to it after a few days and we now prefer it.
In terms of cleaning, the Philips seems to clean as well as or slightly better than the Oral B Triumph 5000, especially if you use the smaller brush heads.
So the pros for the Philips are - long battery life (so far), USB charging, slightly faster charging, excellent carry case and glass charger, lighter than the Oral B.
The cons are the very high cost of replacement brush heads - 3-4 the price of Oral B. The only reason for this appears to be that Philips have a captive base, because if anything, the Oral B appears mechanically more complex? That's why I dropped one star.
Overall, despite expensive brush heads, this device is exceeding expectations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best "bang for buck"?, 19 July 2014
Really good overall! I did a fair bit of research before buying this, and was considering the Waterpick setup.
However, what swayed it for me was that the Sonicare is a great CLEANER, and if you floss your teeth then surely it is the long-term cleaning that you need your toothbrush to do properly?

I can honestly say that my teeth feel cleaner than they ever did with previous methods, including several Oral-B electric brushes over the years....

It is actually reversing the build up of calculus on my bottom teeth: even though only a dentist can properly remove this, it does suggest that once removed, it will not build up rapidly again?

On average, the reviews pick this as a clear winner, and rightly so....

I just hope the battery lasts a decent time...... ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome brush, 19 Aug 2014
I purchased this toothbrush with a little trepidation due to the price, it represented a big leap up from my previous boggo basic oral-b toothbrush.

First impressions, excellent build quality with a sleek, modern design. Popped it into the charging glass for it's recommended 24hr charge before use then cracked on with it. After the first clean my teeth certainly felt cleaner and smoother than using the old leccy brush so it certainly seems to perform as advertised.

Possibly, like yourself, I read a number of user reviews before purchasing this particular model and I would like to address some issues other users have pointed out:

1. Battery Life: Phillips state 3 weeks, some users have said it only lasts between 1 and 2. It's important to give it the full recommended 24hr charge, I had 3 1/2 weeks use from my first charge, now 2 weeks into my second and still going strong.

2. Programs: As correctly pointed out you can only set the program once the toothbrush is going. I used the 'white' setting (second of five) and have so far had no issues as the brush always starts from the last program used plus counting to five shouldn't be an issue to most. If all else fails you can easily see the program by slightly twisting the brush and looking into the mirror in front of you.

3. Power button not being fully sealed: Just be a bit careful and rinse after use and it won't fill up with gunk and toothpaste residue over time, not a problem.

Overall this is an awesome brush, Phillips claim your teeth will look whiter after a couple of weeks and they're right. Seriously happy with this purchase, highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST PERFORMING & LOOKING TOOTHBRUSH IN THE WORLD!, 4 Aug 2014
This review is from: Philips Sonicare HX9352/04 DiamondClean Rechargeable Toothbrush Black (Personal Care)
This is truly a top electric toothbrush. I used to have a Colgate & Oral-B before and I noticed little oral improvement but honestly this removed every possible gum and teeth issues I was having & seriously would recommend this to people with bleeding gums, pains in teeth, if you love your chocolate etc.
OH AND looks wise it's simply sophisticated, classy and top quality down from it's build to it's charging stand that charges within without a connection physically!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best electric toothbrush I've tried, 7 Dec 2011
I've always brushed my teeth at least twice a day and have thus far managed to avoid any and all dental procedures apart from regular check-ups, thanks in large part to my mother I'm sure, who has forced electric toothbrushes on me since age 8. This one is the first one I've actually liked.
Despite taking care of my teeth most of the time, they have gone rather yellow, due mostly to my fondness for coffee, but this brush seems to actually be helping that somewhat.
Now the reason I've never liked electric toothbrushes is (mostly) the feeling. Most electric toothbrushes I've used have vibrated quite violently and practically rattled my teeth. That might be an exaggeration but I have always found them uncomfortable. What made me apprehensive about this brush was that there was a warning that it might be unpleasant at first, and I took that to mean worse than other electric toothbrushes, thankfully not the case.
As for the new charger in a glass, I'm not sure I see much practical value in it, but it does look good and it appeases my inner geek so I'll just go with it. The travel charger does seem very practical however, being both charger and case, and charging via USB. The charge holds for three weeks (well...I tend to use mine more than twice a day but I haven't recharged it yet and it's been almost two weeks), and I pretty much never go anywhere for that long without my computer, but it does come with a two pin adapter for those that do.
The settings I'm not sure about yet, my aforementioned coffee-stained teeth have meant I've stuck to the white setting, but that one is good.
The one downside this brush has is the price tag, but that downside is quite large. I grabbed this at half price during Black Friday deals week and it's definitely worth the 125 I payed, but I'm not sure about 250. It is an excellent toothbrush, but I'm not sure I could justify spending 250 pounds on any toothbrush. If I were going to it would be this one, but it is really far too steep.

5.0 out of 5 stars it's a great toothbrush, 15 May 2014
this is the best sonicare yet. it cleans very well. for frequent travelers the USB charging through the travel case is great. one less charger to move around with you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!!, 22 Jan 2013
A really great toothbrush, teeth feel really clean and it's effortless to use. Pricey but it is worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars best electric toothbrush i,ve ever had, 20 Jan 2013
Takes one or two goes to get used to it as it tickles but rewards with effortless super clean teeth. Very quick but you need to keep to the time for each quadrant. Best electric toothbrush I've ever had.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sonicare Toothbrush, 22 Nov 2012
Got this toothbrush after a friend recommended it - it really lives up to the expectations... makes your moth feel so fresh its unreal - highly recomended. A great product! :-)