5.0 out of 5 stars Best Electric Toothbrush To Date.
Overall, I am very impressed with this product and have already recommended it to my friends and family. It's finished to a very high standard, and the inductive charging is far more useful than I first imagined.

Pros:
- Great finish and feel in the hand
- The best charging options on the market
- Useful, robust carrying/charging case
- 2...
Published 2 months ago by SJD

3.0 out of 5 stars On/off switch faulty after 7 months, but replacement OK
Published 7 months ago by RuthC

3.0 out of 5 stars On/off switch faulty after 7 months, but replacement OK, 11 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Philips Sonicare HX9352/04 DiamondClean Rechargeable Toothbrush Black (Personal Care)
I really liked this toothbrush when I first got it. It cleans well and does not hurt my gums unlike a much cheaper OralB toothbrush I had previously. Unfortunately after 7 months a fault has developed with the on/off switch where it runs on its own (hear a strange noise in the bathroom and it has switched itself on hours after being used), or will not switch off/change setting when the button is pressed. This has continued over the last few weeks and is clearly faulty so I am looking for a way to return it for properly working replacement. For the price I think 7 months before an item becomes unusable is pretty poor. If anyone can advise how I do a return on it after 8 months I would appreciate it as I seem to be stuck in a loop on the returns page.
- Updated to add Amazon replaced this toothbrush for me with another one the same after I did a live chat session with a customer representative. The new one is working fine so far and I was very happy about that.
- Thank you too for the offer from Philips, I did not have email notifications set so was not getting those updates through.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful toothbrush but stops working after 11 months., 20 Aug. 2014
Felt I had to write this to help others.

When I first got this I raved about it. Space age toothbrush! Lovely sleek design, charges in its glass cup, or via its travel case usb whilst closed, and really really clean teeth. Was awesome. Even if it's a £250 tooth brush (but seems to be permanently half price)

Unfortunately it then stops working.

After about 11 months it seemed to vibrate a little less vigorously. I ignored it and carried on but it got worse and worse. It feels like some seals or rubber inside has worn down, so it ends up not really cleaning your teeth.

After about 13 months it was useless. I contacted amazon who just pointed me at the seller. The seller just stated 12 months warranty and told me to go away.

I asked amazon again, stating sale of goods act (£250 toothbrush should work for more than a year). Again no help. I've previously had very good customer care from amazon when buying goods where they are the seller, but I will now be very wary of buying on amazon from another merchant.

So overall a massive disappointment. Real shame as it's a beautiful toothbrush that functions brilliantly. Unfortunately seems to have a design flaw which means it ceases to operate after approx a year.

So if yours starts getting less effective contact the vendor straight way. Hope this is useful for some.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Electric Toothbrush To Date., 5 Jan. 2015

Pros:
- Great finish and feel in the hand
- The best charging options on the market
- Useful, robust carrying/charging case
- 2 year warranty

Cons:
- 3-pin to 2 pin adaptor not included
- No way to identify heads for multiple users
- Costly

In the box, you get the toothbrush, a large and small head, a carry case, a usb cable, a 2 pin shaving plug to USB adaptor, a glass and a charging base. There are a couple of instruction booklets and a warranty information card. Registering the product is quick and easy; you simply register an account on the phillips website and submit a proof of purchase (print out your Amazon order summary as a PDF file and attach).

The charging options that come with the toothbrush are second to none, and are for me the best part about this brush compared to others. It is not as clear on the photo, but the glass actually sits atop a metal plate which needs to be plugged into a two pin shaving socket. It is so much easier to simply pop the brush back into the glass after use and forget about it; charging my other toothbrushes has always been annoying as the charge bases are fiddly, and get knocked over easily. The carrying case also doubles up as a charger, and sports a micro-usb port on its end. It's very sturdy and I've managed to carry around my toothbrush whilst travelling with ease. The micro usb allows you to charge it from your computer/laptop, or a 3-pin plug to usb adapter (eg. iPhone charger) which is massively convenient when on the move.

If you don't have a two pin plug in your bathroom, you'll have to buy a separate adaptor. I find it an odd decision to include a 2-pin to USB adaptor, and really this is my only criticism of the product. A 3 pin to two pin adaptor would have been a far more useful inclusion, as I'd assume if you had a 2 pin plug you'd rather use the glass instead. Even a 3 pin to USB adaptor would be a more logical choice. I really can't imagine ever being in a situation where the included adaptor would be useful, and for the price Phillips recommend, I'd have expected better.

The brush handle is weighty, but feels comfortable in the hand and is a rounded rectangular shape that makes it easy to hold on to. When turned off, all you see is the logo and power button which makes it look a lot nicer than other electric toothbrushes I've used. As you pull it out of the charging glass/case, the body lights up to show the different modes in a subtle white glow. The modes are fairly self-explanatory, and are variations on intensity and length of brush time. The basic clean mode is two minutes long, split into four 30 second sections. The brush makes a high pitched buzz to let you know it's time to move on. I mostly use the whitening mode which pulses a little differently to the clean function and has an extra 30 seconds to polish your front teeth.

The heads are also finished to a high standard, and include indicator bristles that slowly fade in colour and let you know it's time to change the head. They come in at £5 each, but last a decent time. There's no native way to identify multiple heads of the same type like other brands, but if you rent out your brush you can always attach small coloured bands (eg. loom bands) or mark it with a permanent coloured marker. There are also black and pink heads available for the other handle colours which could be an option.

Whilst this is an expensive option, it is in my opinion the best electric toothbrush on the market, and if you have a 2-pin plug in your bathroom I guarantee the charging options will make your morning and evening routines a little less annoying.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great toothbrush, 3 Dec. 2014
Great toothbrush but they do start to go slow within 2 years. My friends have reported the same issue. So before the 2 year period is up - check out any warranty.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 12 Dec. 2014
Tends to have battery issues within a year, so make sure you register it to get warranty replacements.

5.0 out of 5 stars Diamond Clean & Diamond Fast!, 28 Nov. 2012
NR2 "Nar2" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I couldn't believe the price of this toothbrush when I went to high street shops, not even being able to find it at the major stockists who sell Philips Sonicare toothbrush products. I was really delighted to be able to find this product on Amazon UK and for having a cheaper cost price than the current "top of the line" Philips rechargeable toothbrushes without the Sonic technology.

I have been a fan of Sonic brushes since 2000. My first Sonic brush was by Philips and then replaced by the rather excellent Braun Sonic Complete. Over the years though the Braun has started to get weaker with its battery and the Sonicare HX9332/04 by Philips seemed like the ideal replacement. There are tons of things about this brush product that really appeal to me, not least the funky actual glass tumbler where the toothbrush can be left in it to charge - provided you slot in the plug charger base underneath it. However, as a freelance musician and researcher, the material clad "reading glasses" travel case is more appropriate to me where charging is concerned as there's a permanently built in 2.0 USB cord already sealed into the unit which makes it easy to charge off any PC or MAC, or even if you have a USB battery charger plug for an iPod! I much prefer Philips decision here to fit the older style 2.0 USB cord as it makes it easier if you have an old work laptop with you on business trips and the case itself is well made and able to withstand general abuse.

When it comes to general use, this is a very classy toothbrush. Decked out in a smooth ceramic finish and five cleaning modes ("Clean," "White," "Polish," "Gum Care," and "Sensitive."), I find the Sonicare HX9332 to do what it largely says on the box. You get a smaller clean head and a standard larger toothbrush head with the travel case, each having lift off protective caps. At the time of waiting for my Philips Sonicare to arrive, I ordered a basic set of three standard Sonicare toothbrush heads from Argos and was delighted to find that they fit the Sonicare HX9332/04 Diamond Clean, even if it fails to say so on the box. However, when it comes to actual performance, I find there's a big difference between the replacement heads and the ones suitable for Diamond Clean.

The highest "clean" speed can be a bit too abrasive if you are not used to it, but this is a very powerful brush able to select just one of the speeds by pressing on the main button once to go down the list, highlighted by the lights of the words that appear easily when activated. A built in timer and quad cycle tells me when it is time to change the angle of the brush and compared to my Braun Sonic Complete brush head, the Philips Diamond Clean is a lot smaller and far more nimble to reach into the farthest corners of my mouth. A claim on the box that the brush can give whiter teeth in two weeks however was the biggest claim that has actually turned out to work - provided you go by the daily twice a day routine! A battery indicator in green also shows up whenever the brush is used and goes orange when it is time to charge up. Generally although it requires 6 to 10 hours for its initial charge out of the box, the Sonicare Diamond Clean only requires 4 to 8 hours thereafter for the claimed 2 week usage. I have only had the toothbrush for the month (but will update as time goes on) and found the initial charge has been sufficient without more charging - that's impressive!

However there are few downsides. Although the unit has a 1/2 minute timer built in, my Diamond Clean tends to stop before two minutes are up, or perhaps I'm going over the two minutes without really noticing, thus requiring to start up the brush again. However, compared to the Braun Sonic Complete's brush, toothpaste leakage is not much of an issue on account that the brush heads are thinner by diameter with longer, softer bristles. The bristles are also slightly longer than the standard green replacements you can buy, marked also by the white bristles and show an indication of when they need to be replaced. General things like pieces of nuts that get wedged deep into my bottom front set of teeth get whipped away by the Philips, cleanly compared to the Braun Sonic and logically best to keep your mouth closed as much as you can when using any Sonic brushes as the vibrations are far higher than a moveable brush head without the Sonic technology built in.

Generally I'm really pleased with the Philips Diamond Clean Sonic brush. Fast, quick to function and completely waterproof, the Sonic toothbrush is comfortable and not too noisy as well as being fairly light to handle and compact enough to boot. The only other downside is that the ceramic body is a bit too slippy to hold, even if it does look classy. Phillips could therefore add a bit more grippyness to the design to ensure that if it does fall out of your hands, the ceramic condition isn't marked. Thanks for reading. (c)NR2 2012.

1.0 out of 5 stars This toothbrush was great for 9 months, 14 Oct. 2014
M. Holst (York) - See all my reviews
This toothbrush was great for 9 months, with a real effect on the quality of dental hygiene, then it brushed moderately well for 4 weeks and now it is useless, not brushing with the same vigour and switching itself off after a few seconds despite the battery being charged. I would not buy this again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tremendous cleaning function and form, 1 Dec. 2014
Bought a his and hers pair of these (black and white). Very effective bruising and the tumbler and case charging (for travel) induction charging is a nice touch. The rubberised surface has been easy to keep free of hard toothpaste crust which we have found has bought the early demise of previous braun models.

At first the recessed power button looked like it had the potential to get stuck; it hasn't so far flawless function since purchasing 8 months ago.

1.0 out of 5 stars Has gone berserk!, 3 Oct. 2014
D. Dykes - See all my reviews
Was originally delighted when I bought it in December last year. It really did seem better than any of the brushes I'd owned before. However in the past six or eight weeks it's developed mind of its own. It's doesn't switch on when you press the button or it will start before pressing the button It sometimes varies settings of its own accord. It might complete its routine in ten seconds or it might stay on got four minutes, not two. It's charge only lasts a week.

Sigh!

1.0 out of 5 stars ONLY LASTS 2 YEARS!!!!!!!, 15 Oct. 2014
Rechargable Battery fails after 2 years of use.
This is and was my last ever Philips Sonicare toothbrush.
The unit is only good as long as the warranty is valid. Have had 3 sonicare's and they all failed within months of the 2 warranty expiring (making this the most expensive toothbrush on the market). The issue is the non-replacable rechargable battery. I have contacted Philips and they don't care. They won't even consider making one with a repaceble battery. They also refer you to the retailer and the retailer says it's out of warranty. You can contact a service centre to have it repaired for upwards of 50.00 + courier fees to solder a new battery (for 10.00 on ebay).
As a toothbrush, it's great but as a product, it's a waste of money.