5.0 out of 5 stars Diamond Clean & Diamond Fast!
Published 22 months ago by NR2

1.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful toothbrush but stops working after 11 months.
Felt I had to write this to help others.

When I first got this I raved about it. Space age toothbrush! Lovely sleek design, charges in its glass cup, or via its travel case usb whilst closed, and really really clean teeth. Was awesome. Even if it's a £250 tooth brush (but seems to be permanently half price)

Unfortunately it then stops working...
Published 1 month ago by Mr. J. P. Godfrey

5.0 out of 5 stars Diamond Clean & Diamond Fast!, 28 Nov 2012
NR2 (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I couldn't believe the price of this toothbrush when I went to high street shops, not even being able to find it at the major stockists who sell Philips Sonicare toothbrush products. I was really delighted to be able to find this product on Amazon UK and for having a cheaper cost price than the current "top of the line" Philips rechargeable toothbrushes without the Sonic technology.

I have been a fan of Sonic brushes since 2000. My first Sonic brush was by Philips and then replaced by the rather excellent Braun Sonic Complete. Over the years though the Braun has started to get weaker with its battery and the Sonicare HX9332/04 by Philips seemed like the ideal replacement. There are tons of things about this brush product that really appeal to me, not least the funky actual glass tumbler where the toothbrush can be left in it to charge - provided you slot in the plug charger base underneath it. However, as a freelance musician and researcher, the material clad "reading glasses" travel case is more appropriate to me where charging is concerned as there's a permanently built in 2.0 USB cord already sealed into the unit which makes it easy to charge off any PC or MAC, or even if you have a USB battery charger plug for an iPod! I much prefer Philips decision here to fit the older style 2.0 USB cord as it makes it easier if you have an old work laptop with you on business trips and the case itself is well made and able to withstand general abuse.

When it comes to general use, this is a very classy toothbrush. Decked out in a smooth ceramic finish and five cleaning modes ("Clean," "White," "Polish," "Gum Care," and "Sensitive."), I find the Sonicare HX9332 to do what it largely says on the box. You get a smaller clean head and a standard larger toothbrush head with the travel case, each having lift off protective caps. At the time of waiting for my Philips Sonicare to arrive, I ordered a basic set of three standard Sonicare toothbrush heads from Argos and was delighted to find that they fit the Sonicare HX9332/04 Diamond Clean, even if it fails to say so on the box. However, when it comes to actual performance, I find there's a big difference between the replacement heads and the ones suitable for Diamond Clean.

The highest "clean" speed can be a bit too abrasive if you are not used to it, but this is a very powerful brush able to select just one of the speeds by pressing on the main button once to go down the list, highlighted by the lights of the words that appear easily when activated. A built in timer and quad cycle tells me when it is time to change the angle of the brush and compared to my Braun Sonic Complete brush head, the Philips Diamond Clean is a lot smaller and far more nimble to reach into the farthest corners of my mouth. A claim on the box that the brush can give whiter teeth in two weeks however was the biggest claim that has actually turned out to work - provided you go by the daily twice a day routine! A battery indicator in green also shows up whenever the brush is used and goes orange when it is time to charge up. Generally although it requires 6 to 10 hours for its initial charge out of the box, the Sonicare Diamond Clean only requires 4 to 8 hours thereafter for the claimed 2 week usage. I have only had the toothbrush for the month (but will update as time goes on) and found the initial charge has been sufficient without more charging - that's impressive!

However there are few downsides. Although the unit has a 1/2 minute timer built in, my Diamond Clean tends to stop before two minutes are up, or perhaps I'm going over the two minutes without really noticing, thus requiring to start up the brush again. However, compared to the Braun Sonic Complete's brush, toothpaste leakage is not much of an issue on account that the brush heads are thinner by diameter with longer, softer bristles. The bristles are also slightly longer than the standard green replacements you can buy, marked also by the white bristles and show an indication of when they need to be replaced. General things like pieces of nuts that get wedged deep into my bottom front set of teeth get whipped away by the Philips, cleanly compared to the Braun Sonic and logically best to keep your mouth closed as much as you can when using any Sonic brushes as the vibrations are far higher than a moveable brush head without the Sonic technology built in.

Generally I'm really pleased with the Philips Diamond Clean Sonic brush. Fast, quick to function and completely waterproof, the Sonic toothbrush is comfortable and not too noisy as well as being fairly light to handle and compact enough to boot. The only other downside is that the ceramic body is a bit too slippy to hold, even if it does look classy. Phillips could therefore add a bit more grippyness to the design to ensure that if it does fall out of your hands, the ceramic condition isn't marked. Thanks for reading. (c)NR2 2012.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful toothbrush but stops working after 11 months., 20 Aug 2014
Felt I had to write this to help others.

Unfortunately it then stops working.

After about 11 months it seemed to vibrate a little less vigorously. I ignored it and carried on but it got worse and worse. It feels like some seals or rubber inside has worn down, so it ends up not really cleaning your teeth.

After about 13 months it was useless. I contacted amazon who just pointed me at the seller. The seller just stated 12 months warranty and told me to go away.

I asked amazon again, stating sale of goods act (£250 toothbrush should work for more than a year). Again no help. I've previously had very good customer care from amazon when buying goods where they are the seller, but I will now be very wary of buying on amazon from another merchant.

So overall a massive disappointment. Real shame as it's a beautiful toothbrush that functions brilliantly. Unfortunately seems to have a design flaw which means it ceases to operate after approx a year.

So if yours starts getting less effective contact the vendor straight way. Hope this is useful for some.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST PERFORMING & LOOKING TOOTHBRUSH IN THE WORLD!, 4 Aug 2014
This review is from: Philips Sonicare HX9352/04 DiamondClean Rechargeable Toothbrush Black (Personal Care)
This is truly a top electric toothbrush. I used to have a Colgate & Oral-B before and I noticed little oral improvement but honestly this removed every possible gum and teeth issues I was having & seriously would recommend this to people with bleeding gums, pains in teeth, if you love your chocolate etc.
OH AND looks wise it's simply sophisticated, classy and top quality down from it's build to it's charging stand that charges within without a connection physically!

4.0 out of 5 stars A shining example, 22 Aug 2014
Shiny shiny teefs. Smile in the mirror and blind yourself.
Good small head, vigorous action.
I've had Sonicare products for years and then for a few years went over to the other side (Braun Oral B).
I returned to Sonicare because of the awful battery life with the other lot, and I'm pleasantly happy to re-discovers how effective these are.

1.0 out of 5 stars This is the second Sonicare product I have purchased, ..., 22 Sep 2014
This is the second Sonicare product I have purchased, both failed after the 24 month guarantee (@25 month). Philips offered a 25% discount from their own online store, most other retail outlets sell the toothbrush £75 cheaper than this offer! Yes I know the product is out of guarantee but at the retail price I would expect it to last a little longer, in this respect I should have checked the country of manufacture, China! In conclusion over priced, inferior quality and non existent customer service from Philips

5.0 out of 5 stars Best. Toothbrush. Ever., 22 Aug 2014
Pretty much flawless. No complaint at all.

Sure it's pricey but I've not had any issues with it at all. 8 months in and it's still working brilliantly. Teeth have never felt so clean. Gums used to bleed with even a soft regular toothbrush but with this my gums are much better. No bleeding at all now. Dentist agrees my teeth have never been so good.

Can't say more than that really!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!!, 22 Jan 2013
A really great toothbrush, teeth feel really clean and it's effortless to use. Pricey but it is worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars it's a great toothbrush, 15 May 2014
this is the best sonicare yet. it cleans very well. for frequent travelers the USB charging through the travel case is great. one less charger to move around with you.

5.0 out of 5 stars best electric toothbrush i,ve ever had, 20 Jan 2013
Takes one or two goes to get used to it as it tickles but rewards with effortless super clean teeth. Very quick but you need to keep to the time for each quadrant. Best electric toothbrush I've ever had.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toothbrush - dont let the price put you off., 22 Sep 2014
J. Stockman (UK) - See all my reviews
Great toothbrush - Expensive but prevention is much cheaper than cure as my dentist always says. It has multiple modes and cleaning options which are a variation of the normal clean setting. I got this on sale at £115ish.

The glass charger is useful and quite futuristic. The two brush heads are great as one is smaller for hard to reach places. The carry case is also very good as it protects the brush and you can actually charge it on the go.

The brush itself is very sleek and the ceramic-style material it uses feels very expensive and high quality. The handle also lights up when in use and really looks the part. As far as a toothbrush goes - yeah this is probably the most expensive you will find but also based on use over the last few months its probably the best you will own. Much better than my previous sonicare flexcare. Also comes with 2 yr manufacturer warranty.