5.0 out of 5 stars Diamond Clean & Diamond Fast!
Published 20 months ago by NR2

3.0 out of 5 stars Great looking, effective but with a serious design flow
The brush looks beautiful and the charging method in the glass is very impressive.
By all account the cleaning is effective and choices of cycles is a great feature.

The key design issue I can see and I am surprised not to see anywhere is the cycle/mode selection.
You can only select the mode while the toothbrush is on.
If you put the toothbrush...
Published 12 months ago by P. Salvi

5.0 out of 5 stars Diamond Clean & Diamond Fast!, 28 Nov 2012
NR2 (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I couldn't believe the price of this toothbrush when I went to high street shops, not even being able to find it at the major stockists who sell Philips Sonicare toothbrush products. I was really delighted to be able to find this product on Amazon UK and for having a cheaper cost price than the current "top of the line" Philips rechargeable toothbrushes without the Sonic technology.

I have been a fan of Sonic brushes since 2000. My first Sonic brush was by Philips and then replaced by the rather excellent Braun Sonic Complete. Over the years though the Braun has started to get weaker with its battery and the Sonicare HX9332/04 by Philips seemed like the ideal replacement. There are tons of things about this brush product that really appeal to me, not least the funky actual glass tumbler where the toothbrush can be left in it to charge - provided you slot in the plug charger base underneath it. However, as a freelance musician and researcher, the material clad "reading glasses" travel case is more appropriate to me where charging is concerned as there's a permanently built in 2.0 USB cord already sealed into the unit which makes it easy to charge off any PC or MAC, or even if you have a USB battery charger plug for an iPod! I much prefer Philips decision here to fit the older style 2.0 USB cord as it makes it easier if you have an old work laptop with you on business trips and the case itself is well made and able to withstand general abuse.

When it comes to general use, this is a very classy toothbrush. Decked out in a smooth ceramic finish and five cleaning modes ("Clean," "White," "Polish," "Gum Care," and "Sensitive."), I find the Sonicare HX9332 to do what it largely says on the box. You get a smaller clean head and a standard larger toothbrush head with the travel case, each having lift off protective caps. At the time of waiting for my Philips Sonicare to arrive, I ordered a basic set of three standard Sonicare toothbrush heads from Argos and was delighted to find that they fit the Sonicare HX9332/04 Diamond Clean, even if it fails to say so on the box. However, when it comes to actual performance, I find there's a big difference between the replacement heads and the ones suitable for Diamond Clean.

The highest "clean" speed can be a bit too abrasive if you are not used to it, but this is a very powerful brush able to select just one of the speeds by pressing on the main button once to go down the list, highlighted by the lights of the words that appear easily when activated. A built in timer and quad cycle tells me when it is time to change the angle of the brush and compared to my Braun Sonic Complete brush head, the Philips Diamond Clean is a lot smaller and far more nimble to reach into the farthest corners of my mouth. A claim on the box that the brush can give whiter teeth in two weeks however was the biggest claim that has actually turned out to work - provided you go by the daily twice a day routine! A battery indicator in green also shows up whenever the brush is used and goes orange when it is time to charge up. Generally although it requires 6 to 10 hours for its initial charge out of the box, the Sonicare Diamond Clean only requires 4 to 8 hours thereafter for the claimed 2 week usage. I have only had the toothbrush for the month (but will update as time goes on) and found the initial charge has been sufficient without more charging - that's impressive!

However there are few downsides. Although the unit has a 1/2 minute timer built in, my Diamond Clean tends to stop before two minutes are up, or perhaps I'm going over the two minutes without really noticing, thus requiring to start up the brush again. However, compared to the Braun Sonic Complete's brush, toothpaste leakage is not much of an issue on account that the brush heads are thinner by diameter with longer, softer bristles. The bristles are also slightly longer than the standard green replacements you can buy, marked also by the white bristles and show an indication of when they need to be replaced. General things like pieces of nuts that get wedged deep into my bottom front set of teeth get whipped away by the Philips, cleanly compared to the Braun Sonic and logically best to keep your mouth closed as much as you can when using any Sonic brushes as the vibrations are far higher than a moveable brush head without the Sonic technology built in.

Generally I'm really pleased with the Philips Diamond Clean Sonic brush. Fast, quick to function and completely waterproof, the Sonic toothbrush is comfortable and not too noisy as well as being fairly light to handle and compact enough to boot. The only other downside is that the ceramic body is a bit too slippy to hold, even if it does look classy. Phillips could therefore add a bit more grippyness to the design to ensure that if it does fall out of your hands, the ceramic condition isn't marked. Thanks for reading. (c)NR2 2012.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great looking, effective but with a serious design flow, 10 July 2013
P. Salvi "P.S." (UK) - See all my reviews

You can only select the mode while the toothbrush is on.
If you put the toothbrush on outside your mouth, you'd be spraying your toothpaste all over your bathroom.
If you turn the toothbrush on if your month to avoid the spraying, you have no way to know what mode/cycle you are on, unless you can check in a mirror.
What is this about?
Another stupid issue is when you share the toothbrush with other family members. Contrary to what is done with other models the toothbrushes heads do not have colour rings to identify them. I had to mark the protection caps with initials.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 27 May 2014
Mrs. K. Green (Rossendale. Lancashire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philips Sonicare HX9352/04 DiamondClean Rechargeable Toothbrush Black (Personal Care)
Bought this for my husband, he loves it and has seen a great difference in his teeth. He had an electric toothbrush before but was not a patch on this one. Looks nice to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bounces good., 23 May 2014
Accidentally threw down a flight of stairs. Bounced twice on the way down. Still works 5 Stars. Buy Buy Buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best, 12 May 2014
works as good as they say, deserves all the money that i spend on it, tottaly see the diference in a coople of weeks ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars great clean, 27 Nov 2012
Great cleaning for your teeth. This is my second sonic product from phillips. Easy to use. No fuss. It only comes with the glass charger and I would have liked the choice

1.0 out of 5 stars Product has now failed does not recharge, 16 Oct 2013
Dr. A. Davies - See all my reviews
Initially was very pleased. Bought in Jan 2012 but the toothbrush no longer recharges. I would have thought a product as expensive as this should last longer than 20 months. Maybe its me...but if I'm paying that kind of money I expect the product to last longer. Just warning people.

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid - Failed after 2 years and poor customer service!, 23 July 2014
My brush packed up just over 2 years after purchase - so just long enough to be past the guarantee period! It was only used by me but it seems that the motor as broken as there is no power after charging (I tried both methods of charging). It is pretty poor that a product like this can't be made to last much longer than 2 years - forcing the customer into more frequent purchases.

It's also bad that there is no repair possible - the brush can only be replaced. When I first phone customer service they said that they would replace it as it was only a short while after the guarantee period ended. So I emailed my details and waited. When I phoned back a week later they said that they would NOT replace it and interpreted the 2 years exactly! I don't appreciate being given false information by customer services - which delayed my purchase of a replacement brush.

Really the consumer is being ripped off badly - with manufacturers only making products that will deliberately only last around 50% longer than the guarantee period. Long enough so only a few units fail within the guarantee period - but short enough to get extra sales. This is then backed-up with a 'no repair' policy. If products fail only a short time after the guarantee period companies should offer a replacement for a fee that is only part of the price of a new unit (perhaps the cost of producing the unit), with the fee rising over time.

All that Philips offered was a 10% discount for purchases on their own website - which is worthless! The prices on the Philips website are often twice as much as those on Amazon!

3.0 out of 5 stars Philips documentation / packaging confusion, 19 July 2014
Mr. R. C. M. Ho "paprsek" (Surrey United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I haven't tried out my new HX9332/04 toothbrush yet but I have had huge confusion over what items may or may not be included in the package, which I received today. The fault is with Philips in the inconsistencies in their documentation in the 2 booklets & the description on the package - here are the inconsistencies:-

(1) One booklet has DiamondClean 300 SERIES on the front page - its General Description refers to items with label "H Charger Stand" & label "I Charger Base";

(2) The DiamondClean Quick start guide has HX9383/HX9343/HX9333 on the front page - its CONTENT page refers to item with label "D Charger Stand" & "F Charger Base";

(3) The package has "7 series / model HX9332/04" printed on the front & the top flap - printed on one side of the box under "DiamondClean includes" an item "Charger Stand" but it does not refer to any "Charger Base";

(4) Inside the package, I can see the item "Charger Base" but I do not see "Charger Stand".

(5) The small folded glossy pamphlet titled "REVEAL the benefits of registering your SonicCare" has one page with the page heading "BRUSH away the stains" showing the pictures of my toothbrush, its "Charger Glass", its "USB Charger" - this page has the statement "Proven to remove 5x more plague than manual brushing ... this contradicts with what is printed on one side of the package "Removes up to 7x more plague".

I used the "Contact US" button on Amazon page to get the sales rep to call me on the phone to establish whether I am missing the "Charger Stand". Unfortunately, the rep's level of English is too basic to engage in getting any answer. I was offered a refund at the end. My conversation with the supervisor was more successful, however, I declined having to talk to Philips directly on the principle that Amazon is the retailer and has made a profit on my on-line purchase from their web site. I insisted on getting Amazon to take up the issue with poor documentation with Philips.

I shall write another review once I have used the toothbrush for a few weeks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toothbrush with a very functional travel case!, 18 July 2014
Aun Kent Leong (Aberdeen, UK) - See all my reviews
A few months ago my work mates convinced me to buy an electronic toothbrush. Being a gadget freak and a frequent traveller, the Sonicare diamond clean attracted my attention. It was between this tooth brush and the top of the range oral-B one and this came out on top mostly due to the travel charger. Something to point out after using this a a fair few weeks now:

1) The battery lasts a long time! However on two brushes per day on the regular setting, I found it lasts a week as opposed to the advertised three weeks (maybe this if for one brush a day?).

2) I can still remember the first time I used this - my mouth felt so fresh and clean! It is definitely better than hand brushing and the 'diamond clean' technology lives up to it's name!

3) The toothbrush looks good! It has a sleek feel to it and the modes / battery LEDs light up and disappears!

4) The ergonomics of the brush are almost perfect. It feels good as well - the matt surface is really nice and suitable.

5) The cool charging glass gimmick is pretty cool, however I found the usb charging case was charging my brush faster.

6) The usb charging case is very awesome. If you travel a lot, this IS the brush for you. It allows two brush heads (a spare or one for the partner) and it has a magnetic closing mechanism. The insides are a matt plastic surface which is great for a wet tooth brush. It is very easy to clean and works well. It charges with a usb cable too! Just bear in mind it has a mini usb port as opposed to the more popular micro usb, and this is my only negative about this tooth brush as I have to pack two usb cables instead of one for my other usb devices including my mobile phone.

Overall I think not only is this a great tooth brush, but as well the accessories have been well thought out as well especially the travel case. I would like to see a one with a micro usb port however.