on 25 October 2013
Possibly because many rate Toy Story as the best of the Pixar films and the fact we have had three movies over the years, but I find myself grinning like a lad while watching and hearing the characters we have all come to know and love on the big screen in this set.

What certainly helps is that of all the packs so far, this one has had some of the more interesting gameplay elements and the story is quite funny from what I've played myself and from what I have also seen my boys play. The jetpack is worth the price of admission alone to be brutally honest, it really is that good and I fnd myself just jetting around, the Buzz Lightyear adventure also makes great use of it. However in all it has a very strong platform feel, even more so than the others released so far and the challenges seem a little more challenging which is a good thing.

Voice work is stellar, apart from the big two (which is shame, but in the case of Woody Tom's brother Jim provides the voice, and Buzz is voiced by the same actor who has done him in all other previous Toy Story video games so he's got it pretty much spot on) all of the main characters are voiced by the same actors who did so in the films. That shines through out and hearing John Ratzenburger delivering some very whitty lines as Hamm, or Wallace Shawn doing his full on Rex panic mode is just brilliant. Also having the Pixar artist who provided the Aliens voice is a great boon as the little green fellas have a key part to play as the main townsfolk and being the focus of many missions you will need to compleate. There are some film quotes mingled in, but these are more of a pop culture reference for fans of the films rather than a budget saver as all these lines where redone for Infinity, thankfully I've only heard Eternally Grateful a couple of times so far. :D

Obviously the pack is also adding lots of Toy Story themed goodness to the Toy box mode, and some nifty new items. Did I mention the Jetpack, I feel the need to raise that again, but you also get shrink and grow blasters, a jumping pack which is a must for getting the best of the Jetpack as it can't gain altitude, its only drawback. Also several new buildings and both Bullseye and an alien horse riding mount which adds more options for racing game ideas.

Overall its a great pack, just nudges out The Lone Ranger for gameplay elements and for me is a must buy for any Disney Infinity fan.
on 14 March 2014
I have mixed feelings about this playset. I'm a big fan of Disney Infinity and have bought into the whole concept. I personally didn't mind having to buy Woody seperately but agree that it's slightly cheeky not having Buzz and Woody as the main character pieces here knowing full well those are the two characters players will want. This is a fun playset, lots to do, and certainly kept me entertained. My main issue with it though is that it's very un-Toy Story and I feel they've missed a trick here. Setting it in space didn't really seem to work. I would have much preferred a setting in the real world perhaps Andy's room, the Day care centre,toy store, city etc. This would have fit far more with the context of the films. So whilst the game is fun I just feel it's a shame it didn't match the films slightly more as the other playsets do.
on 17 February 2014
.these sets normally retail at £28.99 or more so shop around as someone is always doing a promotion of sorts on all Disney infinity characters (the big supermarkets) amazon usually match or better the price ...I got these for £19.99 ..and only amazon had this set in stock ...being Disney they are true to the character in characteristic poses and are nicely made ....my son plays with them as toys as well as using them for the infinity
on 18 January 2014
Another example of speedy service on the build up to Christmas... well done Amazon...
I was a little non-plussed as to why the Toy Story play-set should include Jessie instead of Woody but perhaps that's just to force you into buying Woody separately?
In any case Woody was bought in addition thus allowing us to completely unlock the play-set vault and all the goodies that brings to your Toy Box.
On playing with the kids this has proven to be a most immersive play-set and very enjoyable, if you're going for the collection then you'll be pleasantly surprised just how good this set is.
on 18 December 2014
Contrary to what you may read on the official website, this is not compatible with Infinity 2.0. Characters work in Toy Box but Playset crystal is not forward compatible. Nice price but be warned
on 20 March 2014
This was bought for my 10yr olds birthday. She has many disney infinity items & loves the game. This was no disappointment!! She loves it, only gripe is that it doesn't contain the main character Woody - I suppose it's make good marketing ploy to make you buy more....
This is the pack that me and my son have been waiting for, the pack has the all important disc to open the Toy Story world, the figures are fantastically detailed, shame the pack doesn't include Disney Infinity Woody Figure (Xbox 360/PS3/Nintendo Wii/Wii U/3DS) with Buzz which does mean more money to spend but what a great world this opens.

Lots of missions to complete which are made the more enjoyable with the familiar characters, I did buy Woody at the same time which is a must, hearing Woody's voice with Buzz is like watching a new Toy story, again shame he wasn't included, Jessie is great but she is not Woody.

This is what id great about Disney Infinity you add worlds to the game and its grows even bigger, love Toy story, love this world, Ralph is next must have.

If you or you little one have Disney Infinity then you probably are already being asked for this, its brill, you will want woody which adds to the cost.
on 27 April 2014
This is a great playset and I was addicted to it!! After you finish Simulator 6 in the Space Command you finish the game so it doesn't take long to complete, though it is still very fun and there are other things to do than the Star Command. Also, the toys you unlock in this playset transfer back to the Toy Box so you can have just as much fun when you're not in the playset!! Definitely buy this, it's great!! By Emily M age 11
on 12 March 2014
Kids love it, good fun for the adults too (albeit very easy for anyone who is a 'gamer'). Will be adding to the collection of characters soon
on 8 March 2015
Not compatible with Infinity V2.0

Didn't notice that this was ONLY Infinity V1.0 compatible as it doesn't really say that anywhere - I know it doesn't say Infinity V2.0 but didn't notice that until we already opened the pack. Regardless, we thought that all Infinity V1.0 Play Set Pieces would be compatible with V2.0. The characters work in the Toy Box only ! the Play Set Piece does not work with Infinity V2.0 at all. This is the main reason we purchased the pack was to get the Toy Story Play Set Piece (lets you play in the Toy Story world - not just in the Toy Box).