on 13 March 2015
Best quality Matcha i ever had, and trust me i tried a lot of them. I even used to order Matcha from japan. At the end couldnt be bothered and found teapigs, which is good grade matcha, been drinking that for nearly 2years. But this my fellow awesome people is a really good grade matcha. The package and cap was sealed very well once i opened it and cut the little shiny bag through with my scissors i sensed strong very fresh and awakening smell of Matcha. The actual powder is very bright and vibrant green which reflects the quality of Matcha again.
Taste is smooth slightly sweet and a bit bitter rounded up with this unique green tea taste. For people who cannot handle green tea taste might be not very pleasant in taste, of a hot bevg form, but there is many other ways of consuming it, like matcha lattes icecream, cookies, smoothies youghurt etc...
The health benefits for me personally are enormous, i lose fat, which i dont have a lot but in result my muscles starts to show up sharper. General look of my skin hair and nails are improved. Gives me tons of energy whether im just about to hit the gym or i just woke up and i need a boost to start a day.
No more coffee crashes! It gives me very calm but yet intense focus and alertness lasting from 2 to 4 hours! I can even feel light-headed after a cup!
All in all not mentioning the rest of the benefits like antioxidants and immune system improvement... this is a very good buy, worth every penny it costs. So i strongly recommend for the ones who have not tried it or heard of it yet or are buying low grade matcha to go ahead and give this one a go, because you cannot go wrong with it!
5-STAR

Marius.
33 comments|42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 21 July 2015
Fantastic-quality matcha with none of the harsh, bitter notes you can get with poorer grades. We have taken to often using this as our morning pick-me-up in lieu of coffee or a builder's and it really does get you going.

While I'd almost be loath to bake with this because it's so tasty to drink, I'm sure it would be excellent in desserts, baked items, and for making matcha "lattes" due to its high quality. It has great colour, as one would expect, and that should translate very well to cream and egg white based items in particular.

Whisked in the bowl, you get top notes of peach blossom and pear on a background of sweet grass and fresh hay. With a tea this good, I would recommend you use filtered, highly-oxygenated water and make sure it's sufficiently cooled before adding to your bowl.
on 29 September 2014
Can't live without this now. (Well I can, of course I can). I've "younged" by years!
on 27 May 2014
All the claims about this wonderful tea are so true. Would recommend it to every one and such a reasonable price.
on 29 March 2014
I decided to try Doctor King Ceremonial Matcha as I find Tea Pigs Organic Matcha a little hard on the stomach. I was curious to try another brand. Whilst I'm not criticising Tea Pigs as such (because I love their other teas and my opinion is purely a personal one), I find Doctor King's matcha a lot more palatable.
on 18 March 2014
Top grade matcha say no more pure nectar this stuff is the best matcha out there will buy again and again
on 25 May 2015
Excellent flavour and beautiful colour. Also makes a lovely topping, sprinkled over good quality vanilla ice cream! I wouldn't trust the container alone to keep it fresh, since it doesn't seal particularly well, but that would be easily overcome with a clip or an elastic band on the foil bag that's inside.
on 19 April 2014
As promised, this is really great quality Matcha, sure worth the purchase! Company really carring, interested in all parts of sale as well as quality of the tea!
on 8 March 2016
You can tell a lot about tea from its color. This one is a bright emerald green and tastes really fresh! The previous brand I bought was somewhat dull in color and did not dissolve fully, or taste as good. That one was culinary grade, so I guess there is a big difference between the two variants. The amount of matcha here is small but comes in a nice tin which can be used to store the tea after opening as it seems to be air-tight.

Highly recommended if you're a green tea enthusiast!
on 23 February 2016
Amazed - gives you an inspiring lift without the down of a strong coffee.

Its a bright green powder that you really need one of those ikea £1 electric milk whisks to mix in properly. And it tastes a bit like liquid grass - even half a teaspoon full. But wow, what a lovely lift it gives. I drink a lot of different teas and coffees - and this is genuinely out there on its own. give it a go!