5.0 out of 5 stars VERY USEFUL FOR WRITERS AT ANY STAGE
Published 5 months ago by Musicista

1.0 out of 5 stars Rate it? I wish i could
Minus one actualité .I never received this book so I cannot rate it. If it ever arrives i will let you know. This is not thé fiesta Time this has happened
Published 5 months ago by K.Beswick

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY USEFUL FOR WRITERS AT ANY STAGE, 17 Jan 2014
This review is from: Writing Habit Mastery - How to Write 2,000 Words a Day and Forever Cure Writer's Block (Kindle Edition)
I have a masters degree in creative writing and am a veteran of writing courses and by now should know most of what there is to know about writing but I found this book invaluable. I purchased it on Kindle because I had stopped writing and was desperate for inspiration and having read it, I have been reminded to stop waiting for inspiration and get on with it. The most useful advice is to know what you're going to write tomorrow today, ie, have some idea of what you want to write next. Instead of thinking I'll focus on this tomorrow, I actually sit in bed, think about where the story is, then think about where it needs to go, and write out a sketch of the next scenes. This makes all the difference. When I sit down to write, I am no longer overwhelmed or daunted by a blank screen because I know what I'm going to write and start writing straight away.

I have not checked my wordcount as I want to ease myself into the process but I feel confident that I'm nearly up to two thousand words a day and, most importantly, that my story is developing as it should. This book does not contain anything I don't know or shouldn't have learnt over the years but it is well written and to the point which makes all the difference. I am sure that further readings will reveal further advice and guidance.

This book is useful for a writer at any stage of their writing development and will definitely be my go-to book if my confidence starts to wane.

5.0 out of 5 stars This has really helped me, 25 Nov 2013
Rob Cubbon "Rob Cubbon" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I picked up this book and I really didn't think it would help me because I thought I wasn't like these are the people who could be insanely productive. But sure enough I have applied some of the principles that the author has recommended and I have improved as a result. I'm not writing 2000 words a day but some days I get pretty close, and that's much more than I used to!

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful and informative, 6 Mar 2014
Very well written, with detailed information and numerous suggestions to establish a writing habit which will stick. As a reformed procrastinator, I heartily recommended this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, with one caveat..., 3 Feb 2014
Sarah Giles (Freelance writer and editor) - See all my reviews
A good guide to planning the writing of a book. My only criticism is that the author's understanding of the roles of editors and proofreaders is unconventional. An editor usually works on a near-final draft of the manuscript (before layout stage), but a proofreader checks a proof just prior to publication, as the name suggests. Authors would do better to find professional editors and proofreaders through the Society for Editors and Proofreaders than via Elance or similar if they want to be certain of the standard of work they are paying for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly a blueprint for those seeking to master writing, 17 Sep 2013
Another hugely inspiring book from Steve Scott. I have bought several of Steve's books recently .Again I have not been disappointed with the depth and insight. A born teacher.
This book will be a regular source of reference for me.All aspiring writers should buy a copy.Not too long and with plenty of further reading suggestions.

4.0 out of 5 stars More than "what it says on the tin.", 15 Jun 2014
This book is packed with useful tips. Although I have read lots of books on the same topic, to try and get over my customary indolence when it comes to writing, this is one I shall be re-reading. He doesn't guarantee the 2000 words per day (it turns out I have to write them myself), I feel sure his advice will help my planning as well as my output. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Writing regimen, 17 Mar 2014
Great book as always from Steve Scott. Using this technique to get into a routine and it works really well for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting read, 28 Jan 2014
Really enjoyed reading this guide. Gives very useful tips in the bones of the writing process. Will certainly refer to this book I'm sure on many occasions. Well worth buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice readable book - review by Charles Kangai, 18 Dec 2013
This book is short and readable and has material that one can put into practice straight away. Good!

Charles Kangai

4.0 out of 5 stars Evict writer's block by conditioning., 11 Dec 2013
As it say's on the tin, creative writing comes to fruition through the habit of writing, self discipline and conditioning.