Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

This is short and non-stop from start to finish, and once again, Eve is shown with some slight interaction with kids...which once again made me wonder if the author is gearing up towards ending the series. JD Robb has apparently said that it will not continue once Eve becomes pregnant, and it does seem if Eve is slowly softening.

This is a great little tale, and I liked seeing old fave characters, but I did think that it was a little shorter than most In Death novellas, and rather expensive at this price. I actually read this in the anthology Mirror, Mirror, which contains 4 additional tales (by Mary Blayney, Elaine Fox, RC Ryan and Mary Kay McComas), for just a little bit more than the price of this single title, so I'd recommend that as a more reasonably priced read.

The antho itself, though, is mismatched and I skim-read the remaining tales, so I suppose if you only want the JD Robb tale, the Kindle edit might be the better option, though you can't sell that on to recoup monies.
on 12 September 2013
I love all these books, even little novellas like this one, had it on preorder and enjoyed it just like the rest, love eve Dallas and all the other characters, will preorder the next one for the end of this month
on 6 March 2014
Carrying on from the main books, these novellas are just as good but in smaller form. Roarke and Eve carry on from the main stories
on 3 March 2014
I enjoyed all the books and the short stories this was great addition to the in death series read and enjoy
on 13 September 2013
Just like the unsanitized fairy tale of Hansel and Gretel, Eve Dallas comes up against the wicked witch, who leads away two young children, with threats of unspeakable things. In this instance, though, we have two clever children, Dallas, Rourke, as well as appearances from several of our favourite In Death regulars, and unusual levels of cooperation from some of the other agencies which have featured in Dallas' past.

It's a short story, and that's probably just as well, as it's nail-biting stuff from start to finish, and, once you've started reading, it's impossible not to carry on till the end, because the children are special, the threat is made terribly real as Dallas uncovers the abductor's past history and habits, and the plot moves forward at a break-neck speed which still isn't fast enough.

This has got to be one of the best-written stories J D Robb has produced to date!
on 27 March 2015
I haven't read an jd.robb story for a while,my mistake.i so remember why I never miss one,the passion for finding the truth and to be honest eves relationship she has with children she has to find or is related to makes her the 'good lieutenant witch'.
on 13 October 2014
Just can't fault Nora Roberts, whether she is writing in her own name or as J D Robb. This series of books has kept me reading daily although they are a little more graphic than her more romantic stories. Never read a book by this author I didn't like.
on 27 October 2015
Just love all JD Robb 'Death books' I am reading them all in order, this one is as exciting as all the others , particularly the learning curve between Rourke and Eve. I really like the steamy romance against the crime story, keeps you rivetted.
on 9 February 2014
I love that the Eve and Rourke adventures work so well for a short story .Excellent writing as usual, pulling you into the story and making it impossible to put down until you know that Eve has made the world safe again. MARVELLOUS.
on 27 November 2013
I enjoyed Taken in Death as it was typical JD Robb style. Sometimes it is good to have a shorter book which allows you to get to the meat immediately and is not a drawn out process. If you enjoy Eve you will enjoy this.