Love my new kenwood mixer but I missed the cream glass bowl that my old vintage chef had. Although the new machine came with a stainless steel bowl, it was hard to keep the water marks off and dry the underside sufficiently.

The old fashioned glass bowl was ideal for pastry as you could cool it in the fridge, plus it was easy to clean and it felt substantial. Well, its taken Kenwood almost 20 years but they have FINALLY produced another glass bowl with all the same qualities as the vintage version. Its easy to clean and dry, plus it has measurements on the side. This is even better than the old glass bowl as this is transparent so you can really keep your eye on the mixing process.

My stainless steel bowl has now been chucked in a cupboard! This bowl, whilst expensive is worth the outlay.

Definitely 5 stars.
on 8 July 2015
Excellent purchase for my Kenwood Chef! The Chef came with a stainless steel bowl, but this glass bowl enables you to see how your mix is doing. The handles/pouring lips are very helpful as the bowl is quite heavy/substantial, measuring guides on the side of the bowl helpful. The bowl is easy to clean and does not hold water in the base unlike the s/s version. Contrary to other reviewers I have found that the splash guard fits very well, probably better than with the original s/s bowl (I have Chef Premier - KMC560). Overall very happy with my purchase.
on 15 September 2014
Great additional bowl for my chef platinum, and I find the splash guard fits ok on the top. Easy to clean, and easy to bung in the microwave after I've done my mashed potatoes ahead of time. Great value from this seller!
on 29 November 2014
This bowl is brilliant for whisking cream, mousses etc Keeps the ingredients cold when mixing sweets/deserts. I was going to return it after ordering as I found a st/st bowl at a very good price but once it arrived I found it to be very helpful as you can see the mixture from the side of the bowl and not just at the top. I am sooooo greedy I have three K Chef bowls now for my machine but I do love nice handy looking gadgets.
on 1 January 2014
Basically because my mixer came with a plastic cover to stop flour etc from blowing up unfortunately due to the design of the bowl it prevents it from fitting an therefore on my first use I was covered in flour. I know this isn't a fault with the bowl but Kenwood should have had this in mind when designing the cover to fit all bowls Therefore I only give it 4 stars.
on 10 August 2014
This is a great product and fits my chef premier, nice to be able to see how things are mixing. I did get a note from a helpful person that the splash guard that comes with the machine will not work with this bowl but I have found that it works and fits exactly the same as using the steel bowl that came with the mixer, no problems. Whether this version has changed I do no know but very pleased with it and at the price I paid. Very useful to have two mixing bowls as well.
on 27 December 2013
This is brilliant, especially when using it for recipes using yeast as they just rise really well on the glass surface.
on 5 March 2015
I bought the bowl as a spare for my kenwood chef titanium as when I am doing a lot of baking it is useful to have the extra bowl. It works very well.
on 27 November 2014
Ordered this bowl as an extra for my food mixer. Took advice on line and went for the glass bowl to help with pastry (put in fridge before using to keep the pastry nice and short) but find it makes my cheaper end mixer look like a more upmarket machine! It's a great fit and I like having the wee handles to hold when pouring out the mix (the bowl that came with the machine is metal and hard to hold when pouring out as has no handles and very slippy). And it was on sale as well so even better!
on 29 April 2014
I got this bowl because I needed another one so when I was making my bread I could make 2 at a time very please it came needs day