5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely family product!
Lovely seat which makes my bathroom feel so much more family friendly! Easy to fit if you completely ignore the awful fitting instructions! Toddler seat stays held up by the magnet really well and you forget it's there until it's needed. Neat, tidy and simple!
Published 10 months ago by Camilla

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work properly
Published 2 months ago by paigelondon

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely family product!, 13 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Child Friendly Toilet Seat - a revolutionary design perfect for every young family (Misc.)

5.0 out of 5 stars family toilet seat, 22 Dec 2013
Very happy as it's good quality, was easy to fit and easy for my toddler to use, would definitely recommend purchasing this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great toilet seat overall - one minor tutt to overcome...., 1 Aug 2014
We have a potty trained toddler and wanted to make the transition from potty to toilet smooth and simple, as well as comfortable and fun for my little one.

We had already been using a similar seat on our main bathroom toilet alongside the potty, this one was bought through Kiddicare. It was not soft close, was really hard to clean and looked cheap and nasty. It has now been moved to our downstairs toilet and this new one has been put upstairs. There is no comparison - and this one is cheaper!

Cleaning:
It is super easy to clean - the fittings at the back of the seat are smooth / not visible with no obvious joins for dust etc to collect. Unlike our other seat, the undersides of the seats are smooth with the screw holes are sealed, so can't go rusty from cleaning products entering them.

Use:
The size of the seat is quite narrow, but it's comfy enough.

The magnet was neither too strong nor too weak, my daughter could release and lift her seat up and down just fine, and the seat stays in place okay once hidden inside the adult seat.

Downsides:
The child's seat is not soft close, so my daughter has made it bang a few times - the first time this happened, the magnet from the underside of the child's seat was dislodged without us knowing - it fell into the toilet and disappeared!

We have phoned the seller who are sending a new one out to us free of charge. The new one will be super-glued into place! Once this issue is resolved, I have no complaints with the seat

5.0 out of 5 stars Great seat - highly recommened - all you need for toilet training., 28 July 2014
These properly made toilet seats, where the child seat is integrated with the adult seat are a massive improvement over the old fashioned child training seats that have to repeatedly come off-on-off-on, and slip about when they are on.
Also, your child becomes completely independent very quickly for using the toilet and they like to think they are using the same 'big toilet' as everyone else.
They are extremely quick and easy to fit (~10 mins for any vaguely competent adult), and you can keep your original seat for the day when it is needed again.

This particular seat is very well made, properly solid for an adult. This is actually the second one we have bought, the previous one being essentially the same thing (just called 'family seat', rather than 'the family seat') but a slightly different make also for sale on Amazon. As other reviewers have commented this particular seat is much more solid than the other one.
Also this seat comes with a soft closer and costs no more.

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work properly, 14 Jun 2014
This toilet seat popped off the base of the toilet on the first day and although it's easy to pop it back onto the base of the toilet, it just keeps on popping off the rods, making it very frustrating to use. I have contacted the Seller to ask for a new one or an exchange, but he kept repeating how to pop it back onto the rod (which I had done many times, and I know how to do) The problem was not how to pop it back onto the rods, it was the fact that the seat kept of popping OFF the base of the toilet. Anyway, after two email requests for an exchange for a new one unsuccessfully, the Seller just kept telling me how to pop the seat back onto the base so I am guessing he is not interested to make things right for us. Really disappointing. I am now looking for a different product to replace this broken/defective one. I would not recommend this product or Seller to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for young children, 6 April 2014
So much more efficient for potty training out toddler than one if those little seats you pop on the big loo seat. Looks nice, fits well and easy to clean and my daughter (2.5) finds it easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars great seat, 1 April 2014
does exactly what it says on a description, ideal for toilet training, our 3yrs old can now go by herself, perfect.

4.0 out of 5 stars Inadequate fitting advice for an otherwise great item, 11 Aug 2014
Alan Dyson (by the Channel Tunnel) - See all my reviews
Others have mentioned the inadequacy of the fitting instructions; at first I thought it all looked fairly obvious, but experience indicated a need for the advice to be expanded.

I got the seat in place easily enough, with just a minor issue that the main seat tended to flop forward slightly when raised. In use, however, one side of the seat would edge forward, making the whole thing wonky, plus lifting the main seat was clunky with a tendency for it to come off its mounts rather too easily. No amount of tightening the screws or refitting the seat would cure these defects.

I was about to give up on it, but put my thinking cap on went back a few steps. I slackened the screws and pulled the seat forward as far as it would go (ie with the screws hard against the rearward end of their slots) before readjusting the fitting posts and retightening the screws. My reasoning was that this should at least prevent the seat moving in use, and it's worked a treat. Not only that, but with the hinge mounts in this new position the seat fitted readily with a reassuring click and it now raises and lowers very smoothly with no tendency to flop forward when up.

It's obvious why repositioning the hinge mounts has prevented the seat moving forward but I can't fathom why the original position would not allow the seat to fit properly onto the posts. If the instructions had simply said that the seat needed to fit home with a click it would at least have alerted me to a problem, whatever it was.

Now that the kit is properly in place we're delighted with it. The nippers' seat lives tidily in the lid and the main one needs just a nudge forward to close gently and quietly. Full-time score is Item 10 - Instructions 1.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have item for any parent with a toddler!, 13 Jan 2014
I was bought one of these seats by my dad who have found them directly with the supplier. I honestly didn't imagine that I would put a review on for a toilet seat! But I must say that I have found it has made my kids life's a lot easier getting on and off the toilet. I have bought a second for our main bathroom from Amazon. The best thing about this seat is it's flat. I had a toddler seat that sat on top of our previous seat and it made getting up and down tricky for my 3 year old son. My 2 year old daughter couldn't get up on it without bring lifted up and down. This has changed that and actually helped her be toilet trained a lot easier and quicker! I highly recommend any parent with a toddler to buy one.

2.0 out of 5 stars Almost great. Wish I'd bought the bemis sta-tite, 15 July 2014
R. MIDDLETON (UK) - See all my reviews
Almost wonderful. It fit's our toilet, is comfortable for both us and the little one, soft close on main seat is great however it does twist and need readjusting a fair bit and most annoyingly the magnet that holds the small seat up keeps falling out down the toilet! This means we have to put our hand in the toilet to get it :-( We've tried superglue but it's just fallen out again yesterday. Disappointing!