4.0 out of 5 stars A good watch to wear when I'm out running...
Published on 20 April 2011 by Ben

3.0 out of 5 stars An okay watch for basic features
I found it ok and it did what it's supposed to do: keep track of time with basic alarm and stop watch.

Published 11 months ago by Pen name

4.0 out of 5 stars A good watch to wear when I'm out running..., 20 April 2011
Ben (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I bought this watch to time myself when I go out running, so it has been the stop watch facility that I've been most interested in. It's a function that works really well on this watch. It initially records minutes/seconds/milliseconds and then, at the 30 minute mark, switches to hours/minutes/seconds, so I'm able to time myself accurately during my short runs, and those that last over an hour. However, if you're after a watch that records multiple split times, then keep shopping around - as this doesn't offer that function.

Overall, the buttons are easy to use, there's a nice big display screen and it is solidly built. In my view it's a great watch for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value product, 17 Jan 2011
I bought this as a gift for my 11 year old son for Christmas, its his first real GROWN UP watch and he loves it. The time is displayed in large numbers attractive to the eye and easy to read and it sits nicely on his wrist. He enjoys a lot of outdoor sports and needs a watch which will take a lot of knocks. He has only had it four weeks but so far its living up to its looks.

5.0 out of 5 stars FIRST TIMEX DIGITAL WATCH, 30 Jun 2010
10/10 FOR THIS SUPERB WATCH. VERY LIGHT AND COMFORTABLE WITH A HUGE DISPLAY INCLUDING THE DATE, QUALITY STRAP. THE NIGHTLIGHT IS GOOD AND BRIGHT. A LOT OF WATCH FOR THE MONEY.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a fabulous watch, 1 Aug 2013
I wanted a watch I could actually read without resorting to a magnifying glass. My eyes aren't as good as they were. The numbers are plenty big enough and the date can also be presented in large font, so that I can read it. The back light is excellent and the watch is waterproof. The buttons are simple to use once you read the instructions. After that it just works. It has lots of facilities I don't really need like stop watch, alarms, countdowns and other stuff. More than enough for anyone and a great price. If you need a good looking watch that you can actually read, this is the one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Option for Sporting Referees, 15 Jan 2013
First of all just have to say I bought this watch to mainly use a stop-watch to referee football matches so not using it as runner. The large number display is great as we refereeing I need quickly glance at it. In addition the price paid was great.

3.0 out of 5 stars An okay watch for basic features, 17 Sep 2013

First of all, it is bulky. And I am a big guy who likes big watches. So if you are looking for something more discrete, or if you are a smaller type, this is not the one for you. That said, I think it looks very nice and modern if you are ok with the bigger size.

On the plus side, it's very easy to read and it has the features it says it has. The dual time is a plus for me, since I bought it both for spots and for travel. Hence keeping track of both local and home time is really useful.

On the minus side, well, a few:

1) It has no night mode, so the best you can do is read the hour at night. You can't really use the watch, like change the alarm setting. The light doesn't stay on long enough, and it's a mess. So if you need to actually use the watch/stop watch under low light conditions, don't get this one but go for a more expensive model with night mode (i.e., a way to keep the light on);

2) it has no way to turn off the beeps every time you hit a button. Not a huge deal, but try to set the alarm at night for the next morning and you will wake up your buddy or significant other.

3) it scratches. A lot. I've had it for roughly a month with normal use (i.e., no hiking/camping or rough sports) and the visor is all scratched.

4) a small one, but to set the time/alarm you can't do the minute decimals. That means, if you have 8:30 as an alarm and want to change to 7:20... you need to go all around in the hours, then go up from 30 all the way around to 20 in the minutes. And keeping the button pressed doesn't make it go really fast. If you don't keep it pressed it gets annoying, plus you'll hear 50 loud beeps - one for each time you press the button. This is easily solved in other models by having a different setting for the decimals and for the minutes. In that way, 7:20 is just six or seven clicks away from 8:30.

Anyway, if not for the easy scratching I'd have rated four stars. Unfortunately that's a big minus for me in a month old watch, so I'll have to go for "it's okay". I was close to saying "I like it" (4 stars), but not really. And that only considering that it's ok for a budget watch, so don't expect miracles.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Watch, 23 Jun 2013
This is my fourth Timex in about 15 years. Very well made and durable. My only issue with this watch is the large face which sometimes proves difficult to keep under my shirt and cuff links. Other than that, top notch products and perhaps I need new shirts!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, 5 May 2013
Wanted a cheap and cheerful watch to time myself running. This does the job perfectly. It's light, comfortable and the large display is easy to read. Great product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Timex review, 13 Jun 2013
Excellent value, straight forward to set up, comfortable fit, very clear to read, nice size, stylish. Would recommend without hesitation..

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value watch., 7 Jun 2013
Large clear digits,used the stop watch during a 5k park run on Saturday and found it easy to use and see.

Timex Marathon Watch