on 11 October 2013
I adore Rachel Khoo's recipes, starting from her first book 'My Little Paris Kitchen' and now to her second french cook book. The recipes in my little french kitchen are easy to follow, authentic with her own touch and twist which I like. The photos of the dishes, france and rachel are colourful and attractive. I have been waiting for someone to show the regional dishes of France (as I have travelled to Lyon and know some of the cities dishes)and Rachel has done this beautifully. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys French regional cooking.
on 18 November 2013
A great book but definitely lacks the content of her first one. The recipes are very basic and in some ways do not deserve inclusion in a book. I was expecting far more regional content and unusual or unique recipes. This book definitely will not get as much use in my kitchen as her first one. Her personality and easy style is the plus point. A gift for total beginners and those who want something very easy and straight forward.
on 17 January 2014
I'm a bit of a sucker for cookery books...French ones definately. I have the Little Paris Kitchen which accompanied the TV series and was well pleased with the programme, the presenter, and the menus. This title treads the same path with ample illustrations and unfussy text. If there was a TV link i missed it,,,but the book is pleasant enough but would have benefitted from a TV series. With the plethora of titles available i find her style and approach more accesible than others and on that basis would recommend.
on 10 July 2014
Love the book, love the recipes and pictures, as she travels round her adopted country of France.I perhaps preferred her Little Paris Kitchen as there was a TV series about it which always adds something. However anyone who likes looking at cookery books and maybe tampering with the recipes will enjoy this book.
on 6 January 2014
When I first purchased Rachel Khoo's first book I fell in love with it and put a lot of the recipes too the test and really enjoyed them. I purchased the Kindle version of this book and have flicked through and none of the recipes really jump out at me as must try recipes. There are a few recipes I will try but from the looks of the ingredients lists a lot of the ingredients seem as if they would be harder to source and not the type of things you will find in your local supermarket. If you are a Rachel Khoo fan then you will probably want to add this book to your collection, however if you are looking to purchase one of her books for the first time then I would strongly recommend purchasing The Little Paris Kitchen
on 21 February 2014
A lovely book to read. It reminds me of so many lovely holidays in France that we have had. The recipes are well written and illustrated and the book is fun to use. I also own Rachel's previous book which followed her tv. show. It's also very good - all the recipes turn out well.
on 30 December 2013
Bought this for my husband as he really enjoys Rachel Khoo's cooking. The book is beautifully illustrated and it looks lovely. Rachel makes cooking French food so easy. He is making a shopping list as we speak to start cooking!
on 31 January 2014
For anyone who found Rachel Koos' light approach to cooking on the t.v. series, will find this very clear and reflecting that light touch which can only encourage confidence in the kitchen.
on 22 November 2013
The book is a delight, really good recipes that aren't too challenging and beautiful pictures. Makes a really nice gift, too.
on 22 October 2013
I don't agree that this is a book only to read and not to cook from! These recipes are well explained, clearly printed, step by step, you can't go wrong! The recipes themselves are mouthwatering and go from simple biscuits to snacks to main dishes, cakes and bakes. And what a beautiful book even if you did just want to read it, but I bet you won't get far before your taste buds tell your confidence to get cooking. Mary Berry eat your heart out! And I'm not knocking Mary B, have a lot of her books too but it's SO refreshing to have something different and achievable. Rachel Khoo is the best, along with Lorraine Pascale, Raymond Blanc, Michel Roux et clan, Rick Stein.............and of course, Mary Berry!
I thoroughly recommend this book, lots of tips all the way through, beautifully written, a joy to work from; thank you Rachel Khoo.