on 11 October 2013
I adore Rachel Khoo's recipes, starting from her first book 'My Little Paris Kitchen' and now to her second french cook book. The recipes in my little french kitchen are easy to follow, authentic with her own touch and twist which I like. The photos of the dishes, france and rachel are colourful and attractive. I have been waiting for someone to show the regional dishes of France (as I have travelled to Lyon and know some of the cities dishes)and Rachel has done this beautifully. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys French regional cooking.
on 17 January 2014
I'm a bit of a sucker for cookery books...French ones definately. I have the Little Paris Kitchen which accompanied the TV series and was well pleased with the programme, the presenter, and the menus. This title treads the same path with ample illustrations and unfussy text. If there was a TV link i missed it,,,but the book is pleasant enough but would have benefitted from a TV series. With the plethora of titles available i find her style and approach more accesible than others and on that basis would recommend.
on 18 November 2013
A great book but definitely lacks the content of her first one. The recipes are very basic and in some ways do not deserve inclusion in a book. I was expecting far more regional content and unusual or unique recipes. This book definitely will not get as much use in my kitchen as her first one. Her personality and easy style is the plus point. A gift for total beginners and those who want something very easy and straight forward.
on 10 July 2014
Love the book, love the recipes and pictures, as she travels round her adopted country of France.I perhaps preferred her Little Paris Kitchen as there was a TV series about it which always adds something. However anyone who likes looking at cookery books and maybe tampering with the recipes will enjoy this book.
on 31 January 2014
For anyone who found Rachel Koos' light approach to cooking on the t.v. series, will find this very clear and reflecting that light touch which can only encourage confidence in the kitchen.
on 6 January 2016
Despite loving French food and regularly cooking recipes from her TV series, I can't see myself making 80% of the dishes in this book. They range from bizarre to just not worth the effort.
on 21 February 2014
A lovely book to read. It reminds me of so many lovely holidays in France that we have had. The recipes are well written and illustrated and the book is fun to use. I also own Rachel's previous book which followed her tv. show. It's also very good - all the recipes turn out well.
on 5 December 2014
Good choice of some of the most popular dishes from France. The recipes are short and quite easy. The pictures in the book are very nice.
on 22 November 2013
The book is a delight, really good recipes that aren't too challenging and beautiful pictures. Makes a really nice gift, too.
on 6 January 2014
When I first purchased Rachel Khoo's first book I fell in love with it and put a lot of the recipes too the test and really enjoyed them. I purchased the Kindle version of this book and have flicked through and none of the recipes really jump out at me as must try recipes. There are a few recipes I will try but from the looks of the ingredients lists a lot of the ingredients seem as if they would be harder to source and not the type of things you will find in your local supermarket. If you are a Rachel Khoo fan then you will probably want to add this book to your collection, however if you are looking to purchase one of her books for the first time then I would strongly recommend purchasing The Little Paris Kitchen