4.0 out of 5 stars Functional and effective but do some research first
I have used sunrise simulation clocks in the past and I found that they do work for me.
I don't find getting up on dark mornings especially difficult but as I've got older I do
believe that lack of sunlight makes me a little grumpier in the morning (yes! cry the
children).

Assuming one is interested in trying a dawn simulation clock, then this...
Published 20 months ago by JB

3.0 out of 5 stars Good idea let down by some design flaws
The positive:
* The whole 'wake up with light' thing: much gentler than a 'sound' alarm clock and very effective for me (I'm a light sleeper).
* Lovely clean light colour, warmer than I expected from an LED
* LED lamp means low power consumption
* Clean, simple design
* Ability to dim the light and use it as a reading lamp without disturbing...
Published 6 months ago by Helen Bennett

‹ Previous | 127 28 2937 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great way to wake up, 19 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Philips Wake-Up Light Alarm Clock HF3500/01 with Sunrise Simulation (Personal Care)
I had a previous tower model of the Philips Wake up alarm clock and have found these types work for me. Living in Scotland in the winter we have very little sunlight and the natural sunlight simulation definitely helps me to get out of bed. The beeper is a little annoying but does the trick when I've hit snooze.

This new version is small and lighter and sits on my bedside table nicely. It does slip with I tap it to snooze so could probably do with something on the feet to stop this. I'm pleased to say that this one contains an LED that doesn't need replacing. The last model didn't have this feature and now you can't get the replacement bulbs :-(

My previous version also had a built in radio and I'm currently wishing I'd got the new version with this. I miss being able to listen to the radio in the morning but I don't have room for a light and radio.

Overall this is a great basic sunrise simulator alarm clock. If you're looking for more features then Philips do a wide range and I'm sure there will be something to suit your needs.

So for a nice gentle wake up this is great :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent value for the price, 18 Dec. 2013
I have a job where I need to be up at `em at 5.30 every day for a long commute, and I am definitely not a morning person. I have always wanted to try a clock like this so when I was offered a discount via Phillips to purchase this clock/light I was quite excited!
I have been using the clock for a couple of weeks, and I am feeling a difference in how I wake up. I don't feel jolted awake as I do with my traditional alarms, which makes getting up much easier, although I definitely don't get up straight away.
The clock display is quite bright, but there is an option to turn it down, so it is less intrusive (although it took me a week to realise this, and the display was
The buttons are a bit hard to press - and it can be difficult to turn the alarm off in the morning.
The snooze function can be temperamental. There is a "tap" function to tap anywhere on the outer bulb part - and it's not always easy to actually snooze the clock.
I have found the device works for me and I am finding easier to wake up on the morning
Overall though a pretty good purchase

3.0 out of 5 stars not bad, 18 Dec. 2013
I received this Wake-up Light as part of a discount from Philips.

Looks - I really like the shape and style, it looks stylish and modern in my bedroom. In the past I've got rid of digital alarm clocks because I hate the glare of the clock screen whilst I'm trying to sleep so I was pleased to discover there is a little button to alter the brightness of the display. I have it on the lowest and it doesn't disturb me.

Ease of use - There is a lack of detailed instructions but I still found it easy to use.

I like that you can alter the brightness of the light to suit your needs, you can turn the light on/off whenever so the device can be used as a bedside lamp eg when reading.

I have found the device works with me and I am finding easier to wake up on the morning, especially at the moment with the dark mornings that I like many people struggle with. I have a long commute to work so set off quite early and since using this I have felt so much better. It has taken a few days to get the right light setting and I have also found for me that the positioning of the light is important otherwise it doesn't seem to work as well in gradually waking me up. I was a bit fooled into thinking 'natural' sounds might be something peaceful like the sea so was a bit disappointed to discover this model only has a beeping sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, so glad I spent he money for this 😁, 17 Dec. 2013
I was lucky enough to receive this item with a discount from Philips.
I have now been using this for nearly a fortnight and I love it.
At first I wasn't sure how much of a difference it was making as I still felt tired when I woke up, however I didn't judge too quickly as I had also been going to sleep later than usual for me.
What I did notice though, even though I still felt a bit tired I wasn't snoozing, my alarm goes off at 6am and I normally snooze until at least half 6, since using this alarm clock the latest I have been out of bed is 6.05 am so got a lot more time to get ready in the morning.
Now that I have been using it for over a week and have been sleeping at my usual time again, I definitely feel more awake in the morning.
Would recommend this to anyone who struggles to get up in the cold, dark winter months 😁

Only negatives are that, it doesn't work for everyone as the hubby is still snoring away when I get up in the morning and the clock is slightly bright at night although that hasn't interrupted my sleep at all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gentle nudge to wake up, 17 Dec. 2013
I bought this with a discount from Philips. Very glad I did gently wakes me in the morning without the rude interruption of usual alarm clocks. Feel less rushed and ready for the day Recommend even at full price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Helping me to wake up bright and early, 17 Dec. 2013
I received the Phillips Wake Up Light HF3500/01 as part of a discount from Phillips. I had been thinking about purchasing one for a while and the money off swayed my decision! I get up for work around 6.30 in the week and don't struggle in the summer but the winter is a different story completly. However with the wake up light I ahve found myself slowing coming round in the morning and now I am naturally waking up 5 minutes before the alarm goes off due to the light that gets increasingly brighter for the half hour prior to the alarm going off making it a lot easier for me to get up without pressing the snooze button! The other benefit is that I have been using the wake up light as a reading light at bedtime, with 10 different brigtness settings everyone can find a suitable level. The only change I would make would be that if I were to purchase again I would get one with a built in radio as I'm not keen on the alarm tone and there is only one option on this model.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works for me!, 14 Dec. 2013
I've been using the Wake-Up light for a couple of weeks now and it's definitely working out well for me.
I am now always waking up before the alarm goes off as the light is gradually waking me up each morning.
There's nothing better than starting your day feeling refreshed, instead of groggy and tired..

3.0 out of 5 stars Good all round Alarm clock!, 14 Dec. 2013
I love the idea of this lamp, having used it for a good few weeks, it is lovely to wake up with a light already on! However it doesn't wake me up naturally with the sunrise stimulation! The good points are that it is slim in design, stylish, makes a good night light and a pretty good overall alarm clock which is easy to set up! However the bad points are that it is not worth £50 for just an alarm clock! I paid £30 which a voucher and that is still too expensive for this product! I brought his item for the idea and it would have be great if it worked by waking me up naturally but no luck. Some people it may well work for. I would position the light right beside your bed facing you, to get most of the light. Wouldn't hurt to give it a go, it's no fun waking up on a dark morning. So if it works for you then great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 13 Dec. 2013
I got this product using a discount voucher from Philips. After using it for only a few days, I am already waking up feeling fresher and more awake. Definitely a good investment!

5.0 out of 5 stars Philips Wake-up light Alarm, 13 Dec. 2013
I happened to receive this product at a discount price, which was a bonus, however have always been very intrigued by these lights. I have always been a person who found waking easy, however for some reason this year the dark mornings have made it difficult for me to get up. Therefore when I was offered the opportunity to buy this product I jumped at the chance. I have found it very helpful in waking up more naturally the light setting is particularly useful on a night when I get into bed also as I can have it on a low light and therefore not be woken by a bright light when getting ready to settle. Initially I found the light a really nice way of waking up however I now find myself waking at the start of the 30minutes of light and lay waiting for the alarm to start beeping, before I get up.
I can honestly say the light is helpful in getting up, having the room already lit makes it much more easier to get up in a morning than being in a dark room. I'm glad I brought this and feel it will be used for a very long time.

‹ Previous | 127 28 2937 | Next ›