on 5 March 2014
After years of using cheaper (not necessarily cheap, £50 is still £50 lights, I've just bought this and a Blaze for the rear. The build quality feels superb, not too light, not too heavy, the rubber cover over the port is secure and dos the job intended. Buttons easy to press with gloves on, and oh my goodness on turbo mode it's bright. Too bright for road use, certainly in lit urban streets anyway, in fact level 2 is enough for unlit lanes and reasonably predictable trails. The clever bit is the variable programming yrou can select. There isn't simply one cycle option of say High, Med, Low and flash; you have a choice of 9 different cycles, based on runtime at each level setting For example, I used cycle 2 which has High at 2 hours, Med at 6 Low at 12 or something lke that. Cycle 1 has brighter output for each level, and correspondingly shorter run times; so you can customise how your light cycles with each button press.
Charging is simple, the clamps are ok, though you might want to invest in the rigid handlbar mount as on rough roads the supplied rubber mount can move a little. Helmet mount is brilliantly smple and secure. There are options to power smaller lights off the port, and you can piggy back a range of extra b\attery packs to extend rune times etc, great for those 24 hour MTB events, or nocturnes. When used with the Blaze rear light, it's not far off having a similar amount of illumination as a motorbike. If I lose it, I'd bu another immediately, in fact I'm tempted to add a MaxxD for that HID on main beam effect on the 'bars, with the diablo on my helmet. A couple of Blazes on the rear, and frankly anyone running into me would have had to have done so on purpose, as I reckon I'd be visible from Mars with that lot flashing away.
on 12 October 2014
Very god light for everything biking etc..
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse