Format: DVD|Change

on 14 December 2013
We thought this was going to be an up lifting film but by the the end just wanted to slash our wrist.Will be putting this film in the bin as I would hate for anyone else to sit through this load of rubbish!!!!!!!
on 8 January 2014
I don't do reviews - let me say that to start with
So considering that fact - I still made time to review this movie
DO NOT BUY IT - before Decemebr 2013, this DVD had many 5 star reviews, which I now believe to have come from those involved with the promotion of said guff.
However, I noticed that following the Christmas period and all the poor fools, myself included, who had purchased this film based on the high star rating, the 1 star reviews gathered apace.
The reason is because this movie is just simply AWFUL

How a DVD can have pictures of Santa in his sleigh flying past overhead a Christmas tree, without any of these images from the film - in fact the film doesn't even make any attempt to be festive - it's just AWFUL - have I said that already? AWFUL!!! Anyway I feel I've at least done my part in warning others in similar circumstances, wanting a family X-mas flick to enjoy the season and then wind-up suffering this tripe.
on 16 December 2013
this dvd is the worst dvd I've watched for a long time if you want a Christmas dvd forget it this has nothing to do with Christmas and definitely not for children with a teacher chain smoking another for ever drinking. and theft and a poor plot it must have been made on a shoestring this was dvd was awful
on 2 December 2013
I bought this film as it starred some excellent British actors but I was a bit disappointed with it. I thought it would be more entertaining.
on 16 December 2013
I agree with previous reviews. Based on the cast of actors, I expected great things. It was very very strange and the acting was awful. I gave this film 25 minutes before I reclaimed my life!
on 8 December 2013
We watched this last night and it was undoubtedly one of the WORST films we've ever seen. Some of the UK's best actors were in it, what a waste. It was dreadful, a real Christmas turkey.
on 3 December 2013
The first five minutes - filmed in a festive looking London - set the scene nicely and so we thought we were in for a real festive treat of a movie. Unfortunately we were wrong. This really is a truly dreadful film which lacks any Xmas feel to it whatsoever. In fact I'd go so far as to say it is all rather weird to be honest. Give it a go if you like but you have been warned - utter rubbish !
on 7 December 2013
We bought this DVD to watch on Christmas eve based on the five star reviews this film has received on Amazon but decided to vet it prior to showing to our girls. SOOOOO glad we did. While it has an amazing British cast and we did watch it to the end, the story is incredibly weak and our girls (aged 7&8) would have given up interest within the first two minutes. It's not a completely dreadful film but it's definitely not a festive family favourite. Definitely a case of buyer beware! Although we only paid £5 we feel a bit cheated to be honest. This was definitely not the film we expected. I think Amazon need to look very carefully at where their reviews come from.
44 comments|15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 December 2013
This is probably the worst film I've ever seen. Sat down as a family to watch this so called Christmas film and wished we hadn't bothered. Avoid at all cost!!
on 28 February 2014
The story line in this film is bizarre to say the least, i did not find it to be Christmas story at all, the only thing that even tells you its a Christmas film is the fact that you see Christmas decorations now and then, the story is well acted and tells of a mother and two son's, the mother has an accident and wants one son to find the Christmas Angel, i will say no more to spoil the film, but it is very disappointing. If your looking for a good Christmas story this is definitely not the one for you, I collect all sorts of Christmas films but this one i am giving away.