5.0 out of 5 stars Love this top, 3 Jan 2014
These tops are great for skiing or general sports or outdoorsiness where you need to keep warm, but not get sweaty.
Because they wick the sweat away, I found I could wear them for several days of my skiing trip without them getting too objectionable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best wicking baselayers available, 25 April 2014
K. L. Wren "K L Wren" (Wye Valley) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Helly Hansen Women's Dry Base Layer Top (Sports Apparel)
Over the years, I've worn many different types of baselayers from a variety of different manufacturers but in terms of wicking performance, these always stand out as the best.

I use mine for walking, cycling, kayaking (splashes dry fast) and as a general daily baselayer all year round. In chilly weather, I wear a merino wool layer on top - merino doesn't wick as effectively as Helly Hansen's 'Dry' range so this provides the best combination of warmth and wicking without any clammy stickiness.

Worn alone in cold weather, they don't provide much warmth and they don't have much wind resistance either but they're not really designed as a thermal layer so if you're standing around in cold temperatures then you're likely to feel cold. However, worn during activity then they are the best I've used - sweat is wicked away quickly leaving your body still feeling (relatively) fresh but, most importantly, dry without feeling sticky or clammy. (They're also perfect for dealing with menopausal hot flushes and night sweats too - although this isn't promoted on their sporty ads and packaging!)

They are true to size. I'm a UK 10-12 and ordered the small. At first, straight from the box, it felt tight due to the close fit especially around the neck and cuffs but after a few hours, I'd completely forgotten about it as it stretches freely with every move. The close-fit is needed for the best wicking performance and the close-fitting sleeves don't ride up.

Because they wick sweat so effectively, they can be worn for several days without becoming smelly and after washing they they dry quickly too.

Definitely 5-star quality, fit, wicking performance and value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it., 25 April 2014
This is a great base layer top. Laps up sweat and keeps me warm. Love the colour and the design too, it's really flattering.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks, 11 April 2014
Brilliant arrived quickly needed it for a sky dive it was a loverly and warm and great quality and great price

5.0 out of 5 stars Great top, keeps you warm, 31 Mar 2014
I use this top as a base layer for kayaking. It keeps me dry and warm and I love the colour.

5.0 out of 5 stars So cosy, 20 Feb 2014
Bought at reduced offer great bargain.lovely to wear keep me warm and no need for thermal vest underneath definitely recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for money, 27 Jan 2014
This item is lovely came in handed for my skiing trip recently. Value for money and nice choice of colours.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 11 April 2014
I use this as an extra layer when running - its breathable and keeps me dry even on my long runs.
Also use this as a layer for skiing this season - it was sooo cold at the top of the mountain but it kept me dry and happy all day.
Washes well and I love the colour!

Helly Hansen Women's Dry Base Layer Top