5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gym Bag
Published on 23 Dec 2010 by Adam

2.0 out of 5 stars Strong odour from plastic fabric...
The odour seeps into things stored in the bag. Wouldn't recommend.

The backpack straps are pretty nice, though, and not something I've seen on a bag like this before -- but the fabric choice ruins it.
Published 25 days ago by C.J. Barlow

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gym Bag, 23 Dec 2010
This review is from: Helly Hansen Duffel Bag (Apparel)
This is a top gym bag. I've had a few over the years but nothing compared to my old HEAD bag from the late 1980's - that was a classic, until now. The Helly Hansen is a great quality bag. The shape fits perfectly into my gym locker and the zips / straps are really well placed. I especially like the fact that it can be worn over both shoulders (rucksack style). This allows me to carry it evenly distributed across my back, with a full load, without any back ache.

It's also a great looking bag and TARDIS-like in how much you can cram in. When I first saw it my impression was that it was on the small side, probably becuase it is black, however, it is remarkable how much I can get in. I wouldn't change this bag for one ten times the price - it's sylish, practical, well made and great value.

4.0 out of 5 stars good quality bag, 29 April 2012
This review is from: Helly Hansen Duffel Bag (Sports)
All in all a good quality bag as you would expect from Helly Hansen.

DURABILITY: The bag is made of a good strong material which does not easily rip or tear. It has good stitching where handles and straps connect to the main compartment. After a month of rigerous use; getting thrown about; covered in sea water; and going through several airport baggage handling systems, everything looks to be holding up well.
After a boat transfer in rough weather I can say this bag has a high degree of water resistancy, all my kit inside stayed dry even though the outside was sprayed with sea water.

SIZE: I travel usually for a couple of weeks or months at a time. This bag can easily accommodate enough clothes and other items to last me that long, with enough space for some duty free an the way back.

NEGATIVES: The only negative i can find so far is the hand carry straps are quite long, so when I carry it by hand it hangs too close to the ground. Pretty annoying so I find I use the shoulder straps more than I would usually. I'm 6ft so anyone under 5'8'' is probably going to be dragging it accross the floor if you decide not to use the shoulder straps.

POSITIVES: Good value for money. Seems durable so far, though one month isn't really enough time to say for sure. Looks good. Light weight. I'm happy so far!

If you want a good quality kit bag for a fair price, this is a good option.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good bag that's tough but smaller than expected, 24 Mar 2012
The Truth "How it is" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Helly Hansen Duffel Bag (Apparel)
I bought this as a new gym bag to keep all my kit in, and while I'll like it, it is a lot smaller than I expected. If they do them I'd go for a 60 litre one.

However, it is still a very good bag. It is made from a very tough, waterproof material and can be worn as a back pack. The back pack straps, when not in use, tuck neatly away into a special compartment in the opening flap of the bag.

This opening is nice a big too. It is the double zip/crescent type opening rather than a single zip type, giving good acces to the bag's inside holding area.

Inside there are two webbed pockets. One on the inside of the opening flap ( this is the whole length of the flap) and one in the wall of the main opening. Both are zipped and of a good size, plus, because they're made tom webbed netting, you can see any items placed inside them.

On the outside there is a window for a name and address label and another zipped pocket on the side. There are compression straps on the outside too, grab handles on each end, and a Velcro fastening grip to secure the main carrying handles together.

The only complaint I have is, as I say, 50 ltrs might be a touch on the small side for some. Overall though, this is a nice bag that feels well made and very tough. The material it's made from feels like it could withstand a nuclear strike.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bag... Great Brand...Guarranted Quality, 29 April 2011
Sean Herring (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Helly Hansen Duffel Bag (Apparel)
Needed a bag for the gym.

Didn't want something run of the mill.

Am pretty familiar with the best brands for outdoor equipment and Helly Hansen are right up there.

Very well made, would definitely recommend this as an alternative to the 'others' on the market.

Don't follow the crowd, set the standard!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bag and great price, 29 Sep 2010
D. Radic (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Helly Hansen Duffel Bag (Sports)
This bag is great. Very versatile...great size, water (more like splash) proof and can double up as a back pack and the whole thing seems very durable.
I would easily recommend this to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice touches, 4 Sep 2013
Robin Hilton (Hertfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Helly Hansen Duffel Bag (Apparel)
This has some nice features.

Overall it's a robust bag. Zips are strong, can be padlocked, material is strong etc.

A couple of nice features make the difference. There are shoulder straps so that it can be carried like a rucksack. These can be hidden in a dedicated pocket on the top with a velcro closing, so that they don't get in the way. Nice.

Good placement of a couple of internal zip pockets. Again, nice.

This bag took a lot of abuse on a recent extended mutli site camping trip. Came out the other end completely intact, and still looking good. very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent holdall, gallons of room., 1 May 2011
This review is from: Helly Hansen Duffel Bag (Sports)
Fantastic, strong, well made, comfortable to carry even when full. I bought this especially for a recent trip abroad, and wasn't disappointed. Well made in really tough vinyl, this holdall will do just that, 'hold it all'. As some others have said, the bright orange colour really does stand out on the baggage carousel, but maybe a little too much. As on my recent trip, this bag was picked out for physical inspection 3 out of 4 flights! So keep a supply of luggage padlocks handy. Top bag though, would still buy it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helly Hansen Duffel Bag 90 Litre, 15 Dec 2011
This review is from: Helly Hansen Duffel Bag (Sports)
I prefer to do most of my travelling without a suitcase. I needed a large holdall to replace my old one after several years of use. I am familiar with the Helly Hansen brand when it comes to outdoor clothing, as a brand of quality, so when I saw the price of this bag I felt I had to give it a try. I was not disappointed. Like all the HH products I have bought in the past, this is also quality. Very heavy duty material, sturdily constructed. Excellent value imho.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted with purchase, 9 Jun 2011
This review is from: Helly Hansen Duffel Bag (Apparel)
Extremely happy with this purchase. Exactly as described and delieverd on estimated date.

Would definitely recommend getting one. Perfect size for on-board luggage and seems to be extremely durable and waterproof.

2.0 out of 5 stars Strong odour from plastic fabric..., 23 Mar 2014
This review is from: Helly Hansen Duffel Bag (Apparel)
The odour seeps into things stored in the bag. Wouldn't recommend.

ARRAY(0xaf6e0d68)