4.0 out of 5 stars Very Funny, 5 Sep 2013
This review is from: Before and After (Kindle Edition)
I particularly enjoyed the use of a female protagonist as the life guru and swindler in this chicklit. There were some aspects which I found a little strange and the novel didn't necessarily benefit from them but on the whole it was good read. Some very amusing moments and by the end everything has descended into a very funny chaos.

4.0 out of 5 stars Modern day Mary Poppins, 3 Sep 2013
This review is from: Before and After (Kindle Edition)
From the offset there is something suspicious and slightly strange about Flora Tate but she takes us all on a fun and drama filled ride and from the moment she turns up on their doorstep the Amble family are in for a shock. A humourous and light hearted story perfect for a summer holiday.

5.0 out of 5 stars Laura Lockington, 15 Oct 2013
This review is from: Before and After (Kindle Edition)
Years ago I read a very funny novel called "Stargazy Pie" by this author and was delighted when I came across this more recent book. It's perhaps not quite as accessable as Stargazy Pie but I would very much recommend it nevertheless. Both novels are slightly off the wall with great characters and loads of humour. Really recommend "Before and After" anytime and Stargazy Pie is the most Christmassy book ever!

5.0 out of 5 stars as above, 8 Jan 2014
This review is from: Before and After (Kindle Edition)
Love Laura Lockington and have never been disappointed by any of her books. They provide a good read with humour and always lift my spirits

4.0 out of 5 stars There and back, 25 Nov 2013
This review is from: Before and After (Kindle Edition)
I bought this accidentally and decided to give it a go. I'm glad I did! Flora intrigued me initially, then annoyed me due to her meddling, then amused me when things went a bit haywire! I'll certainly look for more by this author.

ARRAY(0xabaf60a8)