5.0 out of 5 stars Wacom Intuous Pro Medium On PC Windows 7, Fantastic Bit of Kit.
The Wacom Intuous Pro was a purchase that I did not enter into easily. Whenever I buy anything over a certain price bracket I will always research it. I started by looking at peoples feedback on here. The star rating threw me and peoples negative/constructive feedback cast some doubt in my mind. I have used a friends Wacom Bamboo and Graphite over the years, I'm a Graphic...
Published 10 months ago by D. Mclaughlin

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well, too bad it is so cheaply made
The product works as advertised. The driver download and set up was well laid out. The movement of the stylus on the tablet is significantly better than a cheaper wacom I previously used. Beware as to what your actually getting. The tablet feels like (probably is) a £25 made in china tablet. Not too happy about the cheap plastics and mediocre quality workmanship for a...
Published 3 months ago by Danny Boy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 411 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than you might imagine, 11 Dec 2013
For most folks I suspect they will never try a tablet but, if you edit photos or do anything freehand using a mouse you'll find this much easier. I finally gave in after years of using a mouse. I have not regretted it. The pen in quite intuitive and once in your hand and you get used to lifting off and moving/hovering over the surface ( Just like a real pen) you'll be able to work MUCH more accurately. The screen cursor appears as long as the pen tip is within about 30mm of the surface. With photoshop the added benefit of pressure sensitivity means I can get many things done in one pass instead of having to lighten the flow and go over the same area a few times to build it up. This tablet is well made as you would expect and the pen is replaceable. If you want to use it as such you can turn on the touch feature and use your finger to draw with. This cannot use the pressure levels though. It comes packed in a well made quality box which reminded me of the ipad packaging. Its definitely a quality item and I would heartily recommend it to anyone using Photoshop. They recommend that to get used to it you play Solitaire with it and while you can do that and other tasks with it, I prefer the mouse as the mouse moves a much greater distance for any given hand movement. They recommend this tablet for helping to prevent RSI. A good mix of this and the mouse will probably do just that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good professional tablet, 25 Oct 2014
This review is from: Wacom Intuos Pro Medium Graphics Tablet (Personal Computers)
Really good professional tablet. Took me a bit to get used to in comparison with my bamboo but that is to be expected.

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall a great tablet, however connectivity issues meant it was heading for a refund, 17 Nov 2014
G. Hesp (UK) - See all my reviews
Overall this was a great tablet, the pressure sensitivity was great, the button's and controls were well placed, it looks great on my desk and it was a joy to use.

I was using it on my Macbook Pro, and I have an Apple Keyboard & Mouse, however I have had to send this back. For some reason, the connectivity was never constant, which meant there were dropouts making it almost impossible to draw smoothly :(

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tablet for digital image editing, 26 Nov 2014
A. Davis (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I use this tablet for editing photos in Photoshop and Lightroom, and am very pleased with it.
The pen gives exactly control with very fine and small adjustments being easily possible.
The built in buttons give extra spotted by allowing quick access to frequently used functions.
I'd happily recommend this for anyone who edits images, it's much easier and more accurate than using a mouse.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the latest generation of these tablets which replaces ..., 22 July 2014
This is the latest generation of these tablets which replaces my old one. I am impressed with the usability and option to use the side selection/modification tools. These can be a bit mind bending at first but you get used to them and don't forget you can program them to do what YOU want.
I primarily use this in photoshop for photoretouching but hope to try some digital painting too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Patchy when wireless. Perfect when wired., 12 Nov 2014
Before going wireless the Intuos tablets were totally infallible. The wireless features on the Pro however make this device super unreliable. In wireless mode it's buggy, often lags and keeps cutting out while I work. When it's plugged-in it's perfect. Maybe an update can fix it. Also, the touch features are kinda half-baked so I turned them off and just use this like an Intuos4.

2.0 out of 5 stars Battery only lasts for 2 days!, 29 May 2014
Takes a day for the battery to charge, you pull out the cable thinking you won't need it for a month+ like most wireless keyboards, mice and trackpads but by the 3rd day needs charging again. So basically its just plugged in all the time!

And for some reason you can't stop the 'Wacomb desktop Center' from opening on startup up and doesn't do anything better than the Wacomb system preferences pane.

5.0 out of 5 stars Short learning curve, and well worth it., 24 Aug 2014
I only started using this device today and already I am used to it and love it. Makes editing in photoshop fun and quick. Helps with accuracy too, I can more easily keep track of something I'm erasing in PS. The large is massive, in retrospect perhaps the medium would have done me, but heck, I'm still chuffed with it. Well worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wireless does not work on my iMac, 16 Dec 2013
The tablet is fine but the wireless, while lighting, up does not connect to my iMac. Wacom were not very helpful, in that I would have to bear the transport costs myself, so I have elected to use it without wireless, since at present there is no compatible replacement kit listed on their website. To return it all to Amazon is simply too much hassle. Rather a poor service from Wacom I felt.

3.0 out of 5 stars I HAD HIGH HOPES - BUT IT DOES WORK GREAT!, 15 April 2014
If looks could kill theWacom Intuos Pro Medium Special Edition Graphics Tablet would be a 100% winner.
Its looks are great, nice and sleek. BUT!!!

MAJOR!!! PROBLEM AREA: The receiver for the Wi-Fi connection when plugged into the computer will not allow the computer to boot up. I only discovered this having installed the tablet and upon rebooting with the receiver plugged in. The problem went away when the receiver was removed. This is not ideal and from searching the internet it would appear that this is not an isolated problem. The receiver is causing many problems, I now wait for tech. support to get back to me.

[Having had an e-mail from Tech. Support 17/04/2014. They were apologetic and suggested that I tried connecting via a different USB connection. I wish I had not tried this as this time it not only would not allow my system to boot up but when the receiver was removed the system continued to boot but upon reaching Windows login screen it became apparent that it had also taken out both my mouse and keyboard. So I was forced to do a reset, but the system would now also no longer boot up properly. It took half an hour to reach the log-in page and still I could not get in.

What it did to the HD I do not know but access was denied and I was forced to re-format the drive, but even here it was like pulling teeth. After some three hours I managed to format the drive and re-install Windows 7 64bit Pro. The tablet works well when it is behaving itself and not locking out the system, there seems to be a lot of people having similar experiences.
Well after all that can it do the business. Yes... Straight out of the box, plug and play and you're away. The moment you plug it into your USB slot Windows {Windows 7 64bit Pro] installs the required drivers. It was that quick and also so simple to fit the wire-less option that was included with it.

It worked well left set to default, but if you want to take a little time you can customise it to your own personal liking. The movement as you write or draw is easy and it follows your hand without any noticeable lag. Every thing just flows along as you move the cursor across the screen. It is just right for Photoshop and helps you draw with no effort and accuracy, the paint just runs freely from the on screen cursor as if it was coming from the nib of a real pen or paint brush.

Signing your signature was easy as was writing with it, you did not have to think about it, it felt quite natural. You can zoon in and out using just your fingers and also other similar functions the same way. Everything on screen was easy to access with the pen provided and further aided by the additional buttons on the tablet its self. The medium size is just right, I feel that the smaller one would have been just too small for comfort. If needed the larger one is available but this one fits my needs like a glove for using Zaxwerks Pro-Animator, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. Its footprint is not to large as it does not take up to much room.

Downsides. It is rather easy to accidentally turn it off without realising that you have, until everything stops. You can rotate the whole of your page without meaning too, this was annoying when I first did it as I did not know how I had done it. I had to close down the program and re-launch it. It was done by just simply brushing your wrists over the top of the tablet. It is well built but I feel that it could still do with being a little more robust.

No free software bundle and the manual is downloaded as you install the Wacom software. It is not easy to register the product as you are given the wrong web address and it is all in Dutch. Even on the right site finding where to register is not noticeable on screen. Despite this I feel that it would be a very good product if the Wi-Fi receiver problem was fixed as it is also very easy to use and to get used to even if you have not used one before. It would be worth the money and a good alternative or replacement to or for the mouse, but the issue with the Wi-Fi ruins another wise excellent piece of hardware. I am now waiting again on tech. support before I decide whether to or not to return it to Amazon. Without the Wi-Fi it is still an excellent tool but not worth the money without a working Wi-Fi.

I now would no longer recommend this product.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 411 | Next ›