5.0 out of 5 stars Wacom Intuous Pro Medium On PC Windows 7, Fantastic Bit of Kit.
The Wacom Intuous Pro was a purchase that I did not enter into easily. Whenever I buy anything over a certain price bracket I will always research it. I started by looking at peoples feedback on here. The star rating threw me and peoples negative/constructive feedback cast some doubt in my mind. I have used a friends Wacom Bamboo and Graphite over the years, I'm a Graphic...
Published 6 months ago by D. Mclaughlin

3.0 out of 5 stars I HAD HIGH HOPES - BUT IT DOES WORK GREAT!
If looks could kill theWacom Intuos Pro Medium Special Edition Graphics Tablet would be a 100% winner.
Its looks are great, nice and sleek. BUT!!!

Published 3 months ago by Soulmansblue

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 12 May 2014
M. S. Curtis (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wacom Intuos Pro Medium Graphics Tablet (Accessory)
Been using for years...once you have tried a Wacom tablet you will realise a mouse is like living in the dark ages!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but not quite perfect, 23 April 2014
This review is from: Wacom Intuos Pro Medium Graphics Tablet (Accessory)
Bought this to upgrade from an older Aiptek tablet.

Great feedback from pen, senses even the most subtle pressure.

Good customization in the software and gestures mostly work well as does the touch-pad functionality. Multi finger shortcuts are also a great way to speed up workflow and customization options are great.

Minor niggles:

The pen must be about 2 cm + away from the tablet for it to sense gestures effectively so pinch and zoom with touch isn't always the best way but there is a touch ring to counter so not a deal breaker. Chances are you'll probably have the touch off whilst using it though I would probably recommend the one finger glove.

Also a shame that all the darker part of the tablet is not usable space and there is an "active" space within it.

All in all worth getting, quite portable fits snug in my 15.6" laptop case, has a great minimalist design and includes the wireless kit. Pen is fairly comfortable to hold and a set of nibs are included.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing quality, 20 April 2014
This review is from: Wacom Intuos Pro Medium Graphics Tablet (Accessory)
I love it! There is more than enough options to customise it to your liking. The "Keystroke" feature is the best, by pressing 1 button on the tablet you can create new layer in Photoshop (Ctrl+N, Enter), it's like playing recorded actions but you don't have to use the actions in Photoshop just the key stroke. Also "Radial Menu" is very useful, apart from the 8 buttons on the tablet itself, you can show a Radial Menu which can have even more options. It's my 2nd Wacom tablet and I'm proud to own one of its mid-range tablets. It's the best tablet I've owned so far and probably won't need to change it for a while :) I'll stay with it for ages for sure.
I recommend it to anyone who wants to do painting/drawing for money. Medium size is great. Easier to draw circles because your hand is still on the tablet when you move your entire arm (w/ elbow). I have dual screen so it's another advantage to have larger tablet with greater active area. Top product for beginners and advanced users!

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing tool for the artist!, 6 Mar 2014
100% accurate, functional, efficient and well desiged. Very easy to install (full plug and play) and intuitive to work with. Just plug it in and start drawing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 17 Feb 2014
This review is from: Wacom Intuos Pro Medium Graphics Tablet (Accessory)
Already a fan of Wacom Intuos from University I couldn't wait to get my hands on one myself after saving for what seemed like forever. It's great fun to draw with and can use it as a track pad too if I feel too lazy to use a mouse.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for me, 8 Feb 2014
Very pleased with it ... I have still to program the radial menu.
The brush strokes are smooth and accurate.. Very comfortable to use.

I have had occasions where it locks up ... Not sure if its the tablet drivers or the perhaps the painting software or a combination of both.

Gripe ... Here in europe no free bundled software ... Eg photoshop elements this is free in other regions but not here!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent device, 9 Oct 2013
This review is from: Wacom Intuos Pro Medium Graphics Tablet (Accessory)
I bought this to assist with drawing in Photoshop. It has proved to be highly effective, and once set up, which was not difficult, has saved much time and effort.

3.0 out of 5 stars I HAD HIGH HOPES - BUT IT DOES WORK GREAT!, 15 April 2014
Its looks are great, nice and sleek. BUT!!!

MAJOR!!! PROBLEM AREA: The receiver for the Wi-Fi connection when plugged into the computer will not allow the computer to boot up. I only discovered this having installed the tablet and upon rebooting with the receiver plugged in. The problem went away when the receiver was removed. This is not ideal and from searching the internet it would appear that this is not an isolated problem. The receiver is causing many problems, I now wait for tech. support to get back to me.

[Having had an e-mail from Tech. Support 17/04/2014. They were apologetic and suggested that I tried connecting via a different USB connection. I wish I had not tried this as this time it not only would not allow my system to boot up but when the receiver was removed the system continued to boot but upon reaching Windows login screen it became apparent that it had also taken out both my mouse and keyboard. So I was forced to do a reset, but the system would now also no longer boot up properly. It took half an hour to reach the log-in page and still I could not get in.

What it did to the HD I do not know but access was denied and I was forced to re-format the drive, but even here it was like pulling teeth. After some three hours I managed to format the drive and re-install Windows 7 64bit Pro. The tablet works well when it is behaving itself and not locking out the system, there seems to be a lot of people having similar experiences.
Well after all that can it do the business. Yes... Straight out of the box, plug and play and you're away. The moment you plug it into your USB slot Windows {Windows 7 64bit Pro] installs the required drivers. It was that quick and also so simple to fit the wire-less option that was included with it.

It worked well left set to default, but if you want to take a little time you can customise it to your own personal liking. The movement as you write or draw is easy and it follows your hand without any noticeable lag. Every thing just flows along as you move the cursor across the screen. It is just right for Photoshop and helps you draw with no effort and accuracy, the paint just runs freely from the on screen cursor as if it was coming from the nib of a real pen or paint brush.

Signing your signature was easy as was writing with it, you did not have to think about it, it felt quite natural. You can zoon in and out using just your fingers and also other similar functions the same way. Everything on screen was easy to access with the pen provided and further aided by the additional buttons on the tablet its self. The medium size is just right, I feel that the smaller one would have been just too small for comfort. If needed the larger one is available but this one fits my needs like a glove for using Zaxwerks Pro-Animator, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. Its footprint is not to large as it does not take up to much room.

Downsides. It is rather easy to accidentally turn it off without realising that you have, until everything stops. You can rotate the whole of your page without meaning too, this was annoying when I first did it as I did not know how I had done it. I had to close down the program and re-launch it. It was done by just simply brushing your wrists over the top of the tablet. It is well built but I feel that it could still do with being a little more robust.

No free software bundle and the manual is downloaded as you install the Wacom software. It is not easy to register the product as you are given the wrong web address and it is all in Dutch. Even on the right site finding where to register is not noticeable on screen. Despite this I feel that it would be a very good product if the Wi-Fi receiver problem was fixed as it is also very easy to use and to get used to even if you have not used one before. It would be worth the money and a good alternative or replacement to or for the mouse, but the issue with the Wi-Fi ruins another wise excellent piece of hardware. I am now waiting again on tech. support before I decide whether to or not to return it to Amazon. Without the Wi-Fi it is still an excellent tool but not worth the money without a working Wi-Fi.

I now would no longer recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this thing!, 8 Feb 2014
As a hobbyist photographer, I don't know why I waited so long before getting one. I debated between this size and the medium one and I'm very happy I got this one. The whole device is about the size of a 15 inch widescreen monitor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than you might imagine, 11 Dec 2013
For most folks I suspect they will never try a tablet but, if you edit photos or do anything freehand using a mouse you'll find this much easier. I finally gave in after years of using a mouse. I have not regretted it. The pen in quite intuitive and once in your hand and you get used to lifting off and moving/hovering over the surface ( Just like a real pen) you'll be able to work MUCH more accurately. The screen cursor appears as long as the pen tip is within about 30mm of the surface. With photoshop the added benefit of pressure sensitivity means I can get many things done in one pass instead of having to lighten the flow and go over the same area a few times to build it up. This tablet is well made as you would expect and the pen is replaceable. If you want to use it as such you can turn on the touch feature and use your finger to draw with. This cannot use the pressure levels though. It comes packed in a well made quality box which reminded me of the ipad packaging. Its definitely a quality item and I would heartily recommend it to anyone using Photoshop. They recommend that to get used to it you play Solitaire with it and while you can do that and other tasks with it, I prefer the mouse as the mouse moves a much greater distance for any given hand movement. They recommend this tablet for helping to prevent RSI. A good mix of this and the mouse will probably do just that.

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›