Published 5 months ago by D. Mclaughlin

3.0 out of 5 stars I HAD HIGH HOPES - BUT IT DOES WORK GREAT!
If looks could kill theWacom Intuos Pro Medium Special Edition Graphics Tablet would be a 100% winner.
Its looks are great, nice and sleek. BUT!!!

MAJOR!!! PROBLEM AREA: The receiver for the Wi-Fi connection when plugged into the computer will not allow the computer to boot up. I only discovered this having installed the tablet and upon rebooting with the...
Published 2 months ago by Soulmansblue

5.0 out of 5 stars Wacom Intuous Pro Medium On PC Windows 7, Fantastic Bit of Kit., 26 Jan 2014
D. Mclaughlin (UK, London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wacom Intuos Pro Medium Graphics Tablet (Accessory)
The Wacom Intuous Pro was a purchase that I did not enter into easily. Whenever I buy anything over a certain price bracket I will always research it. I started by looking at peoples feedback on here. The star rating threw me and peoples negative/constructive feedback cast some doubt in my mind. I have used a friends Wacom Bamboo and Graphite over the years, I'm a Graphic designer so not everything requires me to use a Digital Tablet exclusively. However I thought it time to buy one for myself and invest some time into using it.

One thing that struck me about the reviews whether positive or negative. People never really stipulated what platform they had issues with the product on, operating system or what driver versions etc. So going to Wacoms forum gave me litle to go off in terms of resolving the issue (If I would have experienced any). Nobody wants to buy a product and have endless issues with it. However I took the plunge and I am so glad I did. I have had the Intuous Pro for little over a week now, not long enough to form a real opinion but wanted to log my positive experiences thus far. As I have used it every day for 5 hours + on a Branding Project.

So currently I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate, with all the latest updates. Below is a list of my system specs all running
the latest updates as of 26/12/14. I run AVAST Anti Virus in gaming/Silent Mode. The Wacom Drivers version is 6.3.7-6, this appears very stable and I have not had any issues to cause concern. One thing that I did notice was when I had the wireless kit running from a USB port around the back of my PC. The cursor stopped in CS4 illustrator, I was required to restart the tablet to get it functioning again. To remedy this I just used it on a front panel USB, not had the issue since. I have discussed this with a friend who has also had a similar problem. Had no problems of any sort just running on the USB cable. EDIT: I experienced the disconnection with the wireless kit issue on a number of occasions so posted on the Wacom forums. The problem has never occurred since. Basically I moved my PC case a little closer to my desk as the signal may have been getting blocked as I have all manner of electronics on there. Speakers, mobile phone etc.

System Spec:

Corsair 1200W CMPSU
8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Dominator DDR3
Samsung 12X BDROM SH-B123L

The Tablet
The lovely build quality and the superb feel of its surface is stunning. As mentioned I have used a Graphite and a Bamboo previously but these were A5 versions. Functional and appropriate for the work I was doing but using a larger drawing area and a slightly textured surface is a huge improvement. Drawing feels much more natural as I can really activate the use of my elbow now and not rely on my wrist for drawing. Everybodies technique is different but I found a medium perfect for me. I use it on a Dell ultrasharp 24" monitor and they work well together.

Function Keys and Pen
Function keys have been left to run as default at the moment, I still find myself reaching for the keyboard as I'm a bit of a shortcut junky. However certain keystrokes can be added to the function buttons if required. I find that I have no real use for the touch feature (yet), possibly because I'm racing through a project at the moment and using the tablet purely for drawing out logos. Once I have more time to explore the other features maybe it will be a useful function. The zoom dial works well and I find it more accurate and much quicker to use keyboard shortcuts. After using keyboards shortcuts for 15+ years it is a hard habit to break.

The pen is a good weight and is textured beautifully. It is a little broad at the tip, something I'm not used to but it works well and I have adapted to it. It still allows you to apply a broad range of pressure though with ease. From delicate to a heavy handed sweep it delivers it accurately and with nil lag. I have large hands and think it would accomodate small hands just as well.

If you have considered buying one of these and have been deterred due to other peoples bad experiences, then definately take the plunge. Amazon are a great retailer and if you come across issues you can always return the product. There are so many different configurations and OS systems out there it is likely some will run into problems. It is an amazing bit of kit and has aided my production of logos and drawings within illustrator. I have yet to be let loose in photoshop. I do hope you find this somewhat long winded review of some use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does everything it's supposed to!, 20 Jan 2014
This review is from: Wacom Intuos Pro Medium Graphics Tablet (Accessory)
Very prompt delivery, works perfectly. I would recommend a smaller one if you have a 15 inch screen or lower, as the medium is really big. It's a bit big (but still very good) with my 15.6 inch screen home laptop, but I know even going up to 17 inch and it's perfect. but I wouldn't recommend going larger than this, as even on a 26 inch mac the large is too big.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Amazing, 16 Dec 2013
This review is from: Wacom Intuos Pro Medium Graphics Tablet (Accessory)
If you are looking for a professional standard, high quality graphics tablet then this is the one for you. I would highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wacom intuos Pro Meduim, Special Edition., 26 Mar 2014
This is the second Intuos I have bought, the first was in use since 2002 and needed updating and so decided to get this. From the use I have given it so far it's a lot smoother and more responsive than the older one and it works like a dream. Set up was quick an easy an the wireless addition makes a lot more user friendly. I highly recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wacom Intuos Pro Large Graphic Tablet, 19 Dec 2013
Amazon Customer (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I decided to buy this tablet because I wanted to get into digital art and to find a quicker way to process portrait images in Photoshop without using the mouse. I was advised that the large size might be a little too big but frankly I love it. Photoshop image processing is a doddle with it - very quick and easy. It is also very precise even via the Wi-Fi connector that comes with it. The Wi-Fi was very easy to set up and using the tablet is very smooth and free feeling. I have started to attempt digital painting with it and I am having the same overall experience. The pen is very responsive and I have yet to find any faults with it. It is a very big tablet and with that seems to come a lot of resolution. I can see how some people might find it a little too big for them to handle comfortably but for me (5ft 7-inches tall) I find it ideal. There is just a feeling of space when you use the tablet and I like that. I suppose it's the difference between working in a small room and then moving to a big one. I think this product is terrific and I would recommend it to anyone, hence the 5-star rating. It is well made and a really top quality product. Wacom should be proud of this item.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good but..., 19 April 2014
I really like this product. Easy to set up, nice to use, lightweight and brilliant for doing my concept art. One thing I will say, though, is that the pen nibs are crap. After 2 days, the one that was already in the pen had worn down (and I hardly press at all when I'm drawing) so I ended up having to buy old style, stronger nibs from someone else. It's such a small thing but it makes a big difference to an artist who doesn't want to constantly worry that the nib's going to wear down mid-flow. It's just a pity that pretty much all tablet pens have the same type of nibs now so there's not a whole lot you can do about it other than fork out for old ones. S****y pen nibs aside, though, this tablet is really nice and worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars fells like drawing with my pencil, 1 Dec 2013
This review is from: Wacom Intuos Pro Medium Graphics Tablet (Accessory)
I had a 5 years old Wacom Bamboo. now changing to this Intuos Pro the feeling when I draw is pretty different. Especially if you draw for hours it is important to be able to be precise when you draw, with the previous one it felt like if I didn't have any drawing skill, while I've been drawing for years with traditional tools on normal paper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Tablet, 9 Oct 2013
I have had a number of tablets, this is by far the best. Oozing quality as soon as you have it out of the box, functionality and ease of use excellent! The pen and wifi kit are included, all in a very neat package. Note the tablet active area is slightly larger than A4 - making the whole tablet very big!

5.0 out of 5 stars You'll never go back to a mouse!, 20 Jun 2014
This review is from: Wacom Intuos Pro Medium Graphics Tablet (Accessory)
I was a reluctant convert initially, but was persuaded to put my mouse away and use a tablet for a few days, and soon enough I was hooked. The level of control, pressure sensitivity and convenience of the programmable buttons and zoom wheel opened up new dimensions of working with Lightroom and Photoshop - for photo editing and compositing. It is certainly worth spending a little time programming the buttons and pen switches to your most commonly used keyboard strokes. For example, programming the lower pen button to the 'Alt' or 'Option' button means you can switch between adding to and subtracting from a selection in Photoshop without moving your pen away from the work area. The buttons can also be programmed for PS shortcuts that need multiple keys - such as Ctrl+Shift+S for 'Save as'
The 'touch' capability of the tablet I probably don't use as much as I could or should - it doesn't seem as sensitive as a Mac trackpad, and although the wireless capability works well enough, but unless you really want to work well back from your monitor seems a little superfluous to me - the supplied cable is of adequate length, and when attached to the cable the pad doesn't go to sleep when not used for a few minutes as it does when running on its battery.
One niggle - despite trying a wider range of settings, I can't get the the zoom wheel to zoom on an image smoothly enough - the wheel on a mouse works far better, but it works well enough for changing the brush or cursor size.
Future improvements? As Photoshop has innumerable keyboard shortcuts, it would be great to be able to programme even more of them into the Wacom - eg by having an extended radial menu.
Verdict - I wouldn't even think of doing photo-editing without one - my mouse seems clunky and imprecise in comparison.
Try one - you won't go back to editing with a mouse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential item for controlled editing in Photoshop, 26 May 2014
This review is from: Wacom Intuos Pro Medium Graphics Tablet (Accessory)
I recommend this tablet to anyone who wants to edit photos with precision and control in Photoshop. When using it there is far less strain on your wrist and fingers as compared to using a mouse. And as you can 'draw' on the tablet, there is no limit to the creativity you can apply to your photos. It works equally well for designers and users of the other Adobe CC of course.

Standout features:
-perfect size for work on a large monitor such as an iMac
-easy to hold and use pen
-many customisable features, buttons and wheel functions
-good value considering the improvement you will see in your editing compared to using a mouse

Wacom Intuos Pro Medium Graphics Tablet