5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product! Small But Powerful!
I decided to buy the new Intuos because my previous tablet was just too big and I wanted something more portable. Despite this I was slightly concerned that it was going to be too small because my old Intuos was A4 size but I had no need to worry. In fact, I think the smaller size is much better for use with my 13" MacBook Air.

When I opened the box I was...
Published 16 months ago by AD Withers

I love this gadget. It integrates with Photoshop really nicely. Has a nice action, allows me to brush in masks with a much greater accuracy than using the mouse. Why only three stars then? Because under windows 7 the drivers are terrible. Pretty much every time I use it I have to go in to Services and restart the Wacom Professional Service.

Fix the drivers...
Published 5 months ago by Paul Ekert

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product! Small But Powerful!, 30 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Wacom Intuos Pen Graphics Tablet (Accessory)

When I opened the box I was surprised at how lightweight it was which is a real bonus and the design is much sleeker looking than older models. The set up with Mac OS X was quick and easy.

This is the most basic model of the range so if you want a rubber on the end of the pen and the multi-touch function (similar to the Apple trackpad) then purchase the Intuos Pen & Touch.

The pen nib is extremely sensitive and is perfect for the small amount of graphics and image retouching work that I do with Photoshop and Illustrator. I would highly recommend it to someone looking for a good graphics tablet.

5.0 out of 5 stars So amazing!, 23 Oct. 2014
CHANGED THE WAY I WORK! I am completely in love with this product, thank you so much for the super speedy delivery as well. Well packaged, original everything. Worked instantly after installing the CD, amazing!!!!
The images I attached I did within a few minutes, soooo in love with this!

5.0 out of 5 stars really good, 6 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Wacom Intuos Pen Graphics Tablet (Accessory)
This one is suitable for graphic designers, also good for new user. It is sensitive and convenient, enjoy the design process with this pad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant pen and tablet, incredibly responsive., 24 Jun. 2014
K. Saxon (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wacom Intuos Pen Graphics Tablet (Accessory)
I've had tablet and pen inputs for my PC before, but nothing like this, it's amazing.

The tablet isn't like a mouse, or some of the cheaper tablet input devices. You can't pick up the pen, move it back where it came from and have the mouse cursor continue moving. Instead, the tablet maps 1:1 to the screen, so tap the same place on the tablet and it moves the mouse to the same place on the screen. It takes a little getting used to, but quickly becomes very intuitive.

I've used it to draw, and with hand writing tools and it works amazingly. It's very responsive, and comfortable to use. In fact, I may even replace my mouse with this. The two buttons on the pen itself act as right click and for scrolling, with touching the pen to the tablet acting as left click. I'm even considering getting the wireless adapter for this.

There is also another version of this that also accepts fingertip touches, like a large laptop touchpad, but this met my needs perfectly.

You DO need to install the drivers, either from the included CD or from the website (which is what I did). It adds additional functions that massively improve the device. In fact, mine wouldn't even work until I installed the driver. Windows did recognise the device and install the driver, but nothing worked until I went to Wacom's website for the proper drivers. You also have to reboot afterwards to get it fully working.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great tablet!, 3 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Wacom Intuos Pen Graphics Tablet (Accessory)
After preciously owning a cheaper tablet for the past 4 years I decided to upgrade to this tablet

The Good
- Looks very smart
- Blue light indicates when the pen is being sensed, helpful!
- Pen requires no batteries, this was actually very surprising and I'm so happy about it!
- Very responsive to movement
- Shortcut buttons = life saver, especially when set to CTRL + S

The Bad
- My old tablet didn't have any friction to it but this tablet did which made it difficult to get used to it
- I drew a picture that took an hour and the nib had already been used up quite a lot
- Didn't come with spare nibs (Although I did get £5 in return for this to buy more!)

I found a personal trick to the friction and nib usage, I put the tablet in a cheap plastic wallet until it becomes scratched up, I then easily replace it with a new one! This also keeps the tablet from being scratched up so if I ever want to re-sell it it'll look brand new! I felt quite clever after realizing that:)

I'd recommend this for any beginners or hobbyists, If you're more advanced I'd recommend the bigger version of this tablet!

5.0 out of 5 stars Feels amazing, 11 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Wacom Intuos Pen Graphics Tablet (Accessory)
Came excellently packaged, like all wacom products. I liked that they supply you with something to personalise your tablet. (you can exchange the blue bits for black bits) nice touch.

It must be made clear that when you open the box, as I did, you will be dismayed to find none of the spare nibs promised. **However you will be mistaken!** Many people have had this problem but you must be made aware that the nibs are actually tucked away and held in place within the tablet itself. Open the compartment underneath to the bright blue pen-holder, and you will find the spare nibs displayed on the underside of the lid. I made the mistake of thinking they were in the box, and because of their apparent absence I came back on here to complain. But no, Wacom have yet again impressed me and have designed a practical and convenient way to keep your replacement nibs from getting lost. 5/5!

As a side-note, I have discovered that it doesn't yet look like Wacom have released a carrying case or soft pouch for this product. In Poundland (UK) I have found that the iPad soft pouches that you can find in there for £1 fit this tablet PERFECTLY with a little space on the side for the cord. I cannot recommend this enough- it's made of some rubberised faux leather and it has soft felt inside to keep it protected. I bought a black one, but they came in other colours too.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great tablet, terrible Windows 7 drivers. Shame on you Wacom!, 29 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Wacom Intuos Pen Graphics Tablet (Accessory)

Fix the drivers Wacom and I'll give it three stars, until then I can only pity people who get in touch with your tech support every time they try to use this tablet.

These things are meant to save time, that's not true if the drivers are crap.

So dear product manager at Wacom, please wake up and do something about this situation. The fact that an updated driver released recently doesn't solve the problem makes this all a little but more dreadful!

2.0 out of 5 stars It's unusable as the way the pen connects to the surface is badly designed., 27 Mar. 2015
Well I'm not that sure how to rate this. It's reasonably well built, and installs simply. The software is easy to set up, and I like that you can select a small area to be the sensitive working area, as the tablet is too big for me to use comfortably.
However, the tablet senses the pen before it touches the surface, so I can't find a way to make this usable for fine work.
An example: you need to pinpoint the cursor on a point on an image, and draw around it. When the tablet sense the pen about a half inch away the cursor starts to react. But when your nib actually gets to touch the surface it has moved forwards or sideways slightly because of the distance to the tablet surface, so your cursor is constantly moving even as you try to connect the pen to the tablet.
I tried counter acting this by only 'dropping' the pen nib down onto the tablet vertically, so there is no movement just before contact. however this is a really difficult way to work.
Once you've made contact, whatever you're drawing has to be finished before you reach the edge of the workspace, cos it not, when you lift the pen the cursor follows the pen for a half inch or so after it's left the surface, thereby giving a stroke that wasn't wanted.
What the tablet needs to be precise is for it to NOT sense the pen before it touches the surface, but there's no way to turn that sensitivity off.
So, after a couple of weeks of extensive trying with it I've found it unusable and I've given up and I'm not sure whether to just sell it on or chuck it in a drawer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blown Away (Professional Artist), 16 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Wacom Intuos Pen Graphics Tablet (Accessory)
Wow. I really can't put into words how excellent this little gadget is. Before I explode into a fit of praise, I'll start from the beginning.

I bought this after getting sick of trying to work with my Wacom Cintiq 22" HD (which, by the way, is worth £1500). I have previously owned a Wacom Volito 2 and a Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch, both of which were great and helped me get my work done effectively and efficiently. Then, after being an artist for several years, I decided to take a dive and purchase a Cintiq, since they're supposed the Mecca of graphics tablets.

What a waste of money it was.

The Cintiq gave me acute back ache every time I used it and has left my shoulders and neck strained. It's positively an ergonomic disaster, and I quickly began to miss the sensation of drawing on the table and watching the screen before me. It just seemed so much more natural and comfortable. Perhaps I was too set in my ways, but it just couldn't grow on me.

So, I bought this, and I'm blown away.

The Wacom Intuos Pen far exceeds my expectations. It's light, attractive and compact, and has all the pressure levels you need to make amazing quality artwork. It only has 4 shortcut keys, but that's all you'll really need if you combine its use with a standard QWERTY keyboard.

I cannot recommend it enough. It's described as a beginner's tablet, but I see no reason why experts wouldn't benefit from it either.

To round up:

+Lightweight, sleek design
+Small, so it doesn't take up your whole desk
+Great accuracy with no spillage
+Natural paper-like feel
+Great value

-The nib wears out quickly
-Only four shortcut buttons; may be limiting for some
-USB cable is a bit short

Overall, I love it. If you're considering graphic design, this is a perfect start!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, but not the Intuos you perhaps thought it was, 6 Nov. 2013
Martin Turner "Martin Turner" (Marlcliff, Warwickshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: Wacom Intuos Pen Graphics Tablet (Accessory)
The newly rebranded Intuos (formerly bamboo) is the entry level product in industry-leader Wacom's portfolio. It comes in two versions -- pen, and pen with trackpad. This is the pen only version. It works smoothly and effectively with the latest Mac OS X Mavericks, and provides a maximum workspace for minimum size compared to the original Wacom tablets, and, indeed, to the higher priced Intuos Pro. The only disappointment will be for those who expected an Intuos, and were not aware of Wacom's recent change of brand strategy.

I was astonished to see an Intuos at this price. It was only later that I discovered that Intuos is now Intuos Pro, and this is the old Bamboo relabelled. You get, of course, what you pay for, and this tablet is still cheaper in cash terms than my original Graphire, now sadly no longer compatible with Mavericks if you are using a Thunderbolt display.

Wacom has worked hard to upgrade their entire family of products over the years. This one occupies much less deskspace than the Graphire for the same work area. Like its more expensive cousins, it offers convenience ctrl, option, command and shift keys on the writing surface (though, seriously, I never found them at all useful on the Intuos or the Cintiq). More importantly, then pen feels good in the hand, responds easily to pressure in Adobe Illustrator and other compatible applications, and gives a smooth, assured consistency to drawing and retouching.

Additionally, you can make this wireless, using an optional wireless kit, though it still requires a special dongle to go on your computer if you go that route. Rather conveniently and helpfully, there are spare nibs in a special compartment.

If you want to use the pad as a trackpad as well, get the next model up. This may not be such an advantage as you think: I personally want a different arm position for a trackpad from the arm position for a pen, and prefer to keep them separate.

If you want a plethora of art tools, then you might consider the Intuos Pro, formerly Intuos. With this you can use an airbrush tool as well as several others.

If the hand to eye coordination of this is too much trouble, you might consider a Cintiq, which is a combination display and on screen pen device. I used one of these for several years and enjoyed it, but the colours were not as good as a dedicated display. My colleagues found the experience irritating, so its worth trying one first if you are thinking to buy.

For my money (and it was my money this time), the Intuos née Bamboo without trackpad gives you the most bang for your buck, being exactly as good as the Intuos Pro (née Intuos) for pen driven operations, and generally easier for most people to use than the full Cintiq system.

Wacom Intuos Pen Graphics Tablet