5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says
Published 14 months ago by cdsatpb

3.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant but Flawed
Well constructed, well packaged and very smooth in use.

Pity then that the software did not install as easily as suggested - I had to install the software manually before the tablet would work, a pity too that the driver did not automatically start - I had to restart the driver manually via a command shell, and a pity that the spare pen nibs were missing. And...
Published 2 months ago by R. P. Griffiths

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 21 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Wacom Intuos Pen and Touch Medium Graphics Tablet (Accessory)
I bought this to replace an earlier Wacom Bamboo which had died. The touch facility is a great addition allowing you to pinch and zoom, rotate, move, swipe between programs, etc and can significantly (or totally) reduce the need for a mouse (although I still find the mouse better for general use, such as web browsing, reading emails, etc). However, when it comes to using graphics programs like Photoshop, the control and flexibility offered by the tablet and pen are superb. I chose the medium tablet (to replace my earlier small tablet) to give greater fine control. It is still quite compact and does not use up too much desk space. After trying out an Intuos Pro at a trade show, I concluded that I didn't need the extra functionality of the Pro at twice the price - the extra sensitivity did not make a noticeable difference to me, I only use a single monitor, and the ability of the Pro to detect the angle of the pen as well as the pressure - useful perhaps to graphic artists using airbrush mode - is not relevant to the way I use Photoshop. I also do not need the wireless capability that comes with the Pro - although that can be added to thie "Pen and Touch" at extra cost.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pressure point, 14 Jun. 2014
Although I pulled an A3 Atipek tablet a few years ago because it was big (I use my arm a lot when painting) and affordable, the one failing it had was lack of nib pressure. This medium-size Wacom tablet had a drop in price and its work area is about the same size as those other tablet thingies out there so decided to take a risk and bought it. I should point out that you need some decent software to benefit from it. Currently, I'm using the latest version of Painter Lite and the difference in work surprised me. It does work with PaintShop Pro but there isn't the variety of brushes there to take advantage of it.
Nib pressure still depends a lot on what brush type you're using and sometimes its not for widening the stroke but for deepening the colour which comes into its own with the airbrush. I can understand why Wacom is the market leader in these graphics tablets.
Oh, if you're wondering where the three spare nibs are, so was I. An email to Wacom and they said to turn the tablet over and pull open the plastic tab there. On the inside of the plastic tab itself there are the three spare nibs. They look like part of the tab so its hardly surprising people miss seeing them. Don't know how long they last. There are a variety of replacement nibs out there but those are not the more expensive models. If you do run out of nibs then the ones you need to replace them with are 'Wacom Pen Nibs for Intuos 4/5 - Black' although I would wait until you're on your last nib before getting them.
Plugged into your computer, it doesn't need any extra juice to run but if you're using a inductive field mat with your mouse, you'll definitely need to unplug and move it away from this tablet. I've still got to take full advantage of finger pressure tricks with it but I suspect I need to adjust the sensitivity.
In the months to come, I'll be leaving some painting demonstrations of what I've been up to with this pen on [...]
Without waiting for the paint to dry, a painting can be accomplished in a few hours. If you're a conventional painter moving into digital painting then this is the kind of tablet you need to start with.

5.0 out of 5 stars a GREAT buy! good delivery, 27 Aug. 2014
a GREAT buy!

good delivery, great product. Before this product i was a more paint and canvas man, but now with all the options at my disposal i have found myself more and more designing with this tablet then pencil and paper.
even for quick sketches or more detailed final pieces i find this very convenient.
I will still always use canvas and paint, but this is great for my design work where clean crisp lines are important.
Quite quick to learn, not a one day thing, you will need practise, but after a week of so of messing around i found myself using all the functions with relative ease.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 29 Jan. 2014
I really loved my Wacom Intuos Pen and Touch... im a student graphic designer finishing university and i was really in the need of one of this! its very sensitive and intuitive, its easy to sketch and to work in photoshop and illustrator.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great tablet, 25 Aug. 2014
Mr. P. Labrow (Stockport, UK) - See all my reviews
I owned the bigger and better professional brother of this, but surrendered the slight technical advantages to something that's lighter, easier to hold and works without wires. I don't miss the big one in the slightest and this is more of an upgrade for me than a downgrade. A lovely bit of kit. I use it mainly for photo retouching and a little illustration work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good tablet for those without a big budget, 19 Jan. 2015
All in all, a definite improvement over the usual bamboo series tablets. The utterly useless touch feature (which really is utterly useless - imagine a giant laptop touchpad, that doesnt work very well) has now been consigned to a physical button on the back of the thing, so you wont end up punching the thing through a window when you accidentally activate this nonsense.

The buttons are all at the top which makes it easy to use, right- or left-handed, without mashing the buttons with your wrist. also the loop for holding your stylus is now at the top, which makes much more sense that being at the side, for similar reasons as i just outlined.

The stylus is ok, works well enough, plus the option to swap the coloured ring is a nice touch.

Another great feature: the cable is now detachable - which possibly makes for easier storage - and because its a micro USB, you wont have much trouble replacing it should you ever lose it.

Finally, it's a decent size if you cant afford the big Intuous tablets. much better than the small version.

4.0 out of 5 stars Its Amazing, 23 Jun. 2014
I'm a photographer and I need to retouch my pictures quite often on Photoshop. The tablet is amazing for detailing and quite accurate when it comes to controlling the pen pressure. Its a great investment.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great device but two niggles, 8 Nov. 2013
The medium (new model) tablet is the first wacom accessory used, and is very accurate and easy to use. Sensitivity is good and the driver/utility software is robust.

Two things in use do niggle though.

The first and most annoying is the supplied USB cable is really short and it is also recessed so you have to use it, because normal micro-USB cables will not fit.

The second niggle is there is no bundled software when compared to the previous model. These devices are not cheap, so a bit of user software would have been welcome.

Overall though, it is a quality peripheral and is easy to use.

2013-11-13 Update
If you need to know the actual size ... there is an inner and outer area, but how these work on your desktop can be configured depending on your desktop size and if dual monitors (i.e. you can set the tablet to fit your desktop or just part of it).

Physically, the inner area is 215mm wide and 135mm in height (landscape). The outer area is 270mm by 165mm. This inner area is marked on the tablet by four small "dents", one in each corner (a bit like you get from a centre punch) to signfy the inner area.

2014-01-02 Update
Having now used this for about a month (mainly with GIMP), it has been more a joy to use with time. The key point is that you need to spend time with the device and set up your image edting tools to suit. I've also become used to the ability to use as a large touch-pad as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good size, 22 Jun. 2014
Use this tablet at university for Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, good accuracy for photoshopping and nice large size (the medium is bigger than a A4) for panning around in InDesign.

Low price makes it a good choice for students and it seems fairly rugged so should stand up well to drops and spillages.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5*, 12 Jan. 2015
I bought this as a replacement for a tablet which I had which stopped working just before I started university, I had decided to replace the origional I had at PC World, Wrexham but was fobbed off with a £160 empty box with just the USB and stylus in, I had, had my eye on this one for a while (ironically it's the same product i bought from PC world).

I use mine with the wireless adapter, which is somewhat nifty, if like me you would rather not have a bag full of cables which could get potentially damaged, i got the adapter separate to the product.

I have used wacom products before, and had one of the older smaller tablets, which for my university work I was advised to get a medium or larger, my origional wacom tablet used the bamboo dock which also stopped working >< with my origional one I felt the stylus tip was very scratchy on the tablet, and with it being a black tablet you could see the wear and tear, and i felt the stylus was somewhat weighty for its size and got uncomfortable, however, the stylus on this tablet isn't scratchy at all, I get none of the screeching sounds on it and it works perfectly with all my other softwares. The stylus its self is light in comparison and even comes with a replacement tab (where in the photo's of this it shows a blue tab, the replacement is black and sits the stylus).

To get the wireless card working in the tablet took about 5 minutes from start to finish and the software was quick to install and I wasn't badgered (nagged) to install this that and the other for the tablet to work. The tablet also fits perfectly in my bag and i like how it can be turned on and off where others can't and how it has more button features. Over all I love the tablet, however i'm unsure on if the tips of the stylus need to be replaced when or if they ware down (luckily i have spares and hope if the time comes they fit) though both instore and online i've not seen this. I think this is bang for your buck!