Format: DVD|Change

on 10 May 2014
This film has become notorious and my curiosity got the better of me I'm afraid. After 10 minutes I put the fast forward on as I have never been so bored. OK, so the effects are what the money was spent on and certainly not the plot or the acting. To me it looks like a cheap student film. I put it on sale on E bay which says it all really.
on 12 July 2014
well well well. A terrible film the no acting or story-line to speak off some ok special effects but with no story to back it up it dosnt mean a thing. If you want to watch a corpse crawling around on the floor watch hellraiser at leat it has special effects gore and a premise
on 21 June 2014
What a load of rubbish, no explanation as to how or why she started to rot. Also any normal person would've sought medical help well before your arm, ear, and nails etc start falling off!!! But no she just stayed in and rotted!!! Very gory but an absolutely rubbish film, I have seen some rubbish films in my time but this one takes it to a whole new level!!!
on 18 July 2014
Oh dear, a chance missed I fear.
After a night of rough bumping of uglys our main character starts to rot from within.............WHY?

Apparently we will never know.

I feel if it were me I should at least inquire at my local GP if it were possible for me to make an appointment as I am having a bit of trouble!! Does the unfortunate young lady do this? Actually, no. She does the next best thing and attempts to glue her finger nails back on!!
Now I have seen many a low budget movie, but this was just like watching some video art installation in some big city art gallery. I feel in the correct hands it could have been done better, perhaps even with an explanation or two.
After sitting through this film, one question kept nagging at me.
"Did the unfortunate girls apartment stink as much as this movie?
on 26 May 2014
Rubbish, one of the worst movies ever! Not worth of your time. The Story didn't even mmake any sense whatsoever
on 17 September 2015
I have to agree with my fellow reviewers on this one.
I'm a massiv horror/gore fan and will pretty much watch anything in that genre.
This film came to my attention after watching the movie Contracted, which I liked.
I had high hopes for this one but have been left disappointed.

There's no story for the film to stand on and hardly any spoken dialogue, the main character cannot be warmed to as she has no personality and no common sense, if you you're body was starting to rot I think seeking medical attention would be the first thing on most of our lists. But one can argue that there wouldn't be much of a movie if the character was to go to hospital but anyway terrible actors and a waste of time.
I appreciate the rotting process is gross but for me I couldn't take it seriously because there's no reason given as to why she wakes up rotting, no sign to say it's contagious or that she caught it through sex which is assumed yet her partner is unaffected. It's just awful writing and seeing the fully rotted corpse at the end just made me hate it more because it's so badly done, the 80s horror Hellraiser is years old and did a much better job than this.

If you like these sorts of films I would suggest watching Starry Eyes and Contracted, these films actually have stories behind them and make for much better viewing.
on 16 December 2014
I should have listened to the reviews, lesson learned. this is awful!
I only got it because I wanted to know the original before seeing the remake, now I know why they remade it. its terrible. not the plot or the effects which are first rate, but the horrible camera work, the wooden acting and boring soundtrack.

it just made me fast forward most of the film. such a waste.
on 9 February 2014
I fell for the hype, the tag line was a Cronenburg style body horror with rancid flesh, it sounded interesting so I thought I'd give it a try. I shouldn't have bothered as it's pretty dull. The set up is ok, but the story is thin. A young struggling artist starts waking up with mysterious markings, she assumes that they are from her partners, but they continue and get gradually worse. She also kills a few people and plays with herself a lot.

The problem with the film is that it drags on, nothing much happens and there's no interesting revelations, just a grim monotony. It also teases at some madness behind the transformation\, but they don't really add anything and are confused scenes with no real coherence.

It does however do one thing well and that is the decay of her body, the effects are good and the whole film carries a sense of the disgusting, it's not enough to turn it into a good film, but it did prevent it from being rated as truly awful.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 12 December 2013
The marketing would have you believe that `Thanatomorphose' somehow resembled a David Cronenberg movie, based on how it's a `horror' film about the human body (and the disgusting ways it can be mutilated). However, that is where the similarity ends. Cronenberg's films also had a story and engaging characters. This has neither.

The two main characters spend so much time wandering round their apartment naked, you may be forgiven for thinking they're nudists. In fact... it gets a bit annoying in the end as there's clearly no reason for it all the time (like cleaning the flat in the nude etc). The story is about a woman whose body starts to slowly decay. Here's where the good make-up comes in, as it is pretty disgusting (about the film's only plus point). You may feel some sympathy for her if she was a bit more sensible. I imagine that if such a horrifying affliction descended on any one of us, the first thing we'd do is seek medical attention. She doesn't. Even when a friend comes calling and sees she's clearly unwell, she refuses to go to the hospital with him. Therefore we start to lose sympathy for her plight if she's clearly that stupid. Her boyfriend is not so daft - merely horrible. He's violent and a user - hardly hero material.

If you're looking for various gross scenes, you'll find them here. However, if you want talking, decent characters and a story, move along...
on 13 February 2015
Slow,boring,a prime example as of recent years where folks gather togeather make a load of tutt,get a really good cover with either an attractive girl thats not even in the film or gory image then sell it in asda and hmv for around 8 pounds.
This cover made this film its money most likely but past that,its a complete horlicks of a film.