5.0 out of 5 stars A true horror film
Thanatomorphose is a truly disturbing, claustrophobic modern horror masterpiece. An exceptional performance from the lead, Kayden Rose, who plays a struggling artist, literally rotting. Skip if you're looking for fast moving glossy horror, this is a slow paced, intelligent, brooding trip. I've been following Éric Falardeau's cinematic journey from his early shorts...
Published 8 months ago by Yrsinia Pestis

1.0 out of 5 stars RUBBISH
This film has become notorious and my curiosity got the better of me I'm afraid. After 10 minutes I put the fast forward on as I have never been so bored. OK, so the effects are what the money was spent on and certainly not the plot or the acting. To me it looks like a cheap student film. I put it on sale on E bay which says it all really.
Published 3 months ago by John Elsdon

1.0 out of 5 stars RUBBISH, 10 May 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars A Bit Rotten, 18 July 2014
This review is from: Thanatomorphose (DVD)
Oh dear, a chance missed I fear.
After a night of rough bumping of uglys our main character starts to rot from within.............WHY?

Apparently we will never know.

I feel if it were me I should at least inquire at my local GP if it were possible for me to make an appointment as I am having a bit of trouble!! Does the unfortunate young lady do this? Actually, no. She does the next best thing and attempts to glue her finger nails back on!!
Now I have seen many a low budget movie, but this was just like watching some video art installation in some big city art gallery. I feel in the correct hands it could have been done better, perhaps even with an explanation or two.
After sitting through this film, one question kept nagging at me.
"Did the unfortunate girls apartment stink as much as this movie?

1.0 out of 5 stars A terrible film the no acting or story-line to speak off ..., 12 July 2014
This review is from: Thanatomorphose (DVD)
well well well. A terrible film the no acting or story-line to speak off some ok special effects but with no story to back it up it dosnt mean a thing. If you want to watch a corpse crawling around on the floor watch hellraiser at leat it has special effects gore and a premise

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst film ever seen!!!, 21 Jun 2014
This review is from: Thanatomorphose (DVD)
What a load of rubbish, no explanation as to how or why she started to rot. Also any normal person would've sought medical help well before your arm, ear, and nails etc start falling off!!! But no she just stayed in and rotted!!! Very gory but an absolutely rubbish film, I have seen some rubbish films in my time but this one takes it to a whole new level!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars rubbish, 26 May 2014
This review is from: Thanatomorphose (DVD)
Rubbish, one of the worst movies ever! Not worth of your time. The Story didn't even mmake any sense whatsoever

2.0 out of 5 stars Dull and confusing, 9 Feb 2014
M. Brookes - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thanatomorphose [DVD] (DVD)
I fell for the hype, the tag line was a Cronenburg style body horror with rancid flesh, it sounded interesting so I thought I'd give it a try. I shouldn't have bothered as it's pretty dull. The set up is ok, but the story is thin. A young struggling artist starts waking up with mysterious markings, she assumes that they are from her partners, but they continue and get gradually worse. She also kills a few people and plays with herself a lot.

The problem with the film is that it drags on, nothing much happens and there's no interesting revelations, just a grim monotony. It also teases at some madness behind the transformation\, but they don't really add anything and are confused scenes with no real coherence.

It does however do one thing well and that is the decay of her body, the effects are good and the whole film carries a sense of the disgusting, it's not enough to turn it into a good film, but it did prevent it from being rated as truly awful.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice make-up (shame about the story), 12 Dec 2013
This review is from: Thanatomorphose [DVD] (DVD)
The marketing would have you believe that `Thanatomorphose' somehow resembled a David Cronenberg movie, based on how it's a `horror' film about the human body (and the disgusting ways it can be mutilated). However, that is where the similarity ends. Cronenberg's films also had a story and engaging characters. This has neither.

The two main characters spend so much time wandering round their apartment naked, you may be forgiven for thinking they're nudists. In fact... it gets a bit annoying in the end as there's clearly no reason for it all the time (like cleaning the flat in the nude etc). The story is about a woman whose body starts to slowly decay. Here's where the good make-up comes in, as it is pretty disgusting (about the film's only plus point). You may feel some sympathy for her if she was a bit more sensible. I imagine that if such a horrifying affliction descended on any one of us, the first thing we'd do is seek medical attention. She doesn't. Even when a friend comes calling and sees she's clearly unwell, she refuses to go to the hospital with him. Therefore we start to lose sympathy for her plight if she's clearly that stupid. Her boyfriend is not so daft - merely horrible. He's violent and a user - hardly hero material.

If you're looking for various gross scenes, you'll find them here. However, if you want talking, decent characters and a story, move along...

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute rubbish!, 27 April 2014
This review is from: Thanatomorphose (DVD)
This film has virtually no story line or plot and must have cost about a tenner to make! A tin of black boot polish and some fake blood were the only effects. This is the worst film I've seen in ages and certainly not worth watching.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful, 22 Mar 2014
This review is from: Thanatomorphose (DVD)
What a load of rubbish! About as interesting as watching a tree grow! First part was an excuse to show the male and female genitals!
Fast forward, still waiting for this tree to grow! DON'T BOTHER, THE END!

3.0 out of 5 stars I feel this has a hidden message, 14 Jan 2014
This review is from: Thanatomorphose [DVD] (DVD)
I really can't think what to write about this film ,it seems to be about a couple that don't seem to have any clothes and the woman slowly starts to rot ,probably symbolising some sort of inner turmoil

Thanatomorphose [DVD]
Thanatomorphose [DVD] by Éric Falardeau (DVD - 2013)