Format: DVD|Change

VINE VOICEon 27 September 2013
Though Countdown To Extinction marked the beginning of a transitory period into commercialism, the album has aged remarkably well as a whole so it was worth celebrating.

This single standard DVD edition - the visual quality of which is ace enough to suggest it must be a valid simple descaling of the HD version - features the whole CTD album sandwiched between some other familiar classics. Though very enjoyable to watch (particularly the rarely played songs), it doesn't earn full marks in that I feel quite sure that Mustaine's vocals have been overdubbed; I could be wrong, but I have that feeling.

All the songs, to match Mustaine's lower singing tone, feature down-tuned guitars, and this makes the original spikier songs a bit murky sounding, though it's an interesting experiment for some.

I perhaps shouldn't complain in that touching up is mandatory to make a product more polished, but I like 'deth more when they are evidently more with warts and all.

Apart for audio format selection there is nothing in the way of special features. Hardcore fans will appreciate it in their collection, though.
on 30 December 2013
Over the last 25 years I've seen Megadeth at least 12 times but I'd always wished i'd seen them when they were touring the Countdown To Extinction album.
So when I saw this Blu Ray was going to be released, I was very excited to get the chance to hear the album in it's entirety live on blu ray. I was impressed with how the Rust In Peace Blu Ray came out and so expected great things from Mustaine & Co.

However, once I began to listen to the songs, something seemed off. The songs have been de-tuned below the key of the classic album and sounds very muddy. Although the rhythm sounded extra heavy, the lead guitar was very low in the mix and so the trademark solos sound thin and unimpressive. On previous releases i.e. The Big Four or Rust In Peace, I was very impressed with the energy and technical ability of this current Megadeth line-up but on this 'Countdown Live' performance, Marty Friedman was greatly missed. It also felt like some of the tempos were slower and despite the detune, Mustaine seemed to sing quite flat and uninspired. The setlist also began with a couple of greatest hits tracks and so ruined the flow of the album's live debut.

There are no extras on this Blu Ray and the picture quality did not look HD.
on 8 November 2015
Quick delivery from Amazon which is good but disapointed with sound quality too much base the mix for the audio soundtrack isn't right the picture quality is good the concert is good but let down by poor sound
on 25 February 2014
A little disappointing. Megadeth have never really been big on stage theatrics or a big show, but this was a little bland. The CD is ok, if a little bass heavy/muffled. I know it's not my kit, as I played this back to back (blu-ray and CDs) with Testaments Dark Roots of Thrash, which is of far better quality. A real shame.... If it wasn't for Megadeth, I probably would never have encountered Testament....
on 8 February 2014
A great live gig by a great band but a bit short and no extra`s . But nonetheless good sound and picture quality .
And the band is in top form , Dave Mustaine is in a good mood so positive marks for this recording .
on 21 October 2013
Megadeth still on top form. I still prefer the classic line up (w/ Marty Friedman on guitar) but this is one amazing concert, I'd say even better than the Rust in Piece 20 years concert.

Definitely a must-own for any Megadeth fan!
on 28 October 2013
I saw the blu-ray and it`s amazing, but for the next time, if you put in the description deluxe, it was good any picture to see if the product is a box set, digi pack or whatever, I thinked that at least was digi pack, but it's a simply blue blu-ray case with a blu-ray and a cd plus a little booklet...
on 9 December 2013
amazing show that is sadly let down as its not in 1080p come on Dave stop we want full hd. The setlist is always open to debate but I liked it so buy it if you like megadeth you won't be disappointed
on 21 February 2014
Good concert, but the bluray quality is poor, like the dvd version, and i think that, in some songs, the audio is not synchronized, it even seems to have resonated in the study, but it is only my impression
on 1 November 2013
Bought for my son who is a fan of Megadeth. He was very happy with it.
Dispatched very promptly too.