on 29 September 2013
A very hard read, thinking how anyone can survive such horrendous abuse. A must read. I'm glad she had the strength to live and tell her story.
on 12 November 2013
I downloaded this book last night - and finished it this morning!

The story - with no spoilers - was one of the most horrific I have ever read, and I find this again and again with books like this but the authors - in this case, Adriana Bellini - seem to hold unmeasurable writing talent. (I too am a published author and survivor).

I can only say to Adriana,that she is a brave, and selfless person.

Please read this book - although it is a hard read, (in terms of content, not writing), you will be pleased that you did.

I hope to see more books by this author in the future
on 18 November 2013
Since purchasing this book, I've struggled to put it down. Whilst I found the subject matter incredibly difficult to digest, it was so well written that I couldn't stop reading.

Stories of child abuse are often ignored and covered up. Unfortunately abuse is everywhere, regardless of social status, (sometimes happening under our own noses.) The fallout can leave a trail of devastation far into adulthood.

I'm incredibly proud of the author for telling her story, I know only too well how difficult this must have been. Not only will her book help her to move forwards - it will help others too.
on 6 February 2014
this book has made me see life in a different manor, makes me think there is more to life then feeling down about the little things. start thinking big and positive about what you can make your life
on 22 December 2013
To live in the here and now as healthily as possible is the message of this book, even tho it's often difficult. Anelisse is a survivor of a horrendous childhood yet, with help from older friends, learns what a good relationship is and manages to forge one with her husband. The list of abuse, lies, etc aside this is a heartwarming book.
on 8 November 2013
Such a sad story. We read so many of these stories it always amazes me how these poor victims become the hero's. That is truly what they are to overcome such unbelievable cruelty at the hands of those who are supposed to love and protect them. Anelisse is a true inspiration best wishes to you, you are an amazing woman.
on 12 January 2014
ive read many books on the same or simular subject matter but this one was nothing to do with a stepdaad sexually abusing his step daughter more to do with the relationship with her birth mom and stepdad and the physical and emotional abuse doled out by them.i agree its hard to put down
on 4 February 2014
this book kept me gripped it was sad but a good read I would defo recommend it good ending x x
on 11 January 2014
a beautiful well written book of courage, strength and honesty. no child should endure any life like that but it happens all over the world and it's so heartbreaking. what a wonderful women to forgive after everything that takes great strength. I wish you all the best
on 17 November 2013
Compelling read. Read in one day. Shows how abuse can take other forms not just sexual. How a parent that has been loving and what a parent should be can turn themselves when locked in an abusive relationship. Well done Adriana on a well written book.