5.0 out of 5 stars The street to recovery the life of Kevin Kennedy
Published 15 months ago by Patrick Ryan

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I hoped.
Didn't seem to go into as much depth as I would have liked. It was like all of a sudden he was a serious alcoholic. He seems to have skipped bits out of the full story, just felt like something was missing.
Also I thought he would go into more detail about the Coronation Street years but there seemed to be a lot missing from that too,
All in all I was...
Published 6 months ago by Joey Winter

5.0 out of 5 stars The street to recovery the life of Kevin Kennedy, 30 Dec. 2013
Patrick Ryan (Belfast Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Street to Recovery (Kindle Edition)
Well Kevin Kennedy was very frank about his life good and bad. I enjoyed his down to earth approach as he took us through his life. The insight to his talent and hard work mixed with a fun and normal social drinking that eventually got out of control. How he handled this and turned his life around. The main parts of the book give us an informed background to the street and it's characters over the years. I am sad now as I have reached the last page. My thanks to Kevin Kennedy

5.0 out of 5 stars Fasinating Read, 15 May 2014
This review is from: The Street to Recovery (Hardcover)
I was a huge fan of the Curly and Reg years in Corrie, those two together were comedy gold and I miss them so much ,having watched Corrie for 40 years ,Curly and Reg are my all-time favourite characters ,Even better than Stan and Hilda!

I am also a fan of Kevin's song Bulldog Nation, a much underrated song and his album Present Kennedy has stonking songs on it too!

I bought this book hoping it would be interesting, instead I found it completely addictive I could not put it down and read it a little over a day, it is so honest, sometimes sad and with a very strong inspirational message, I loved it, I am now not only a fan of Kevin Kennedy the actor and singer I am now a huge fan of Kevin Kennedy the man.

I still hope he will return to Corrie one day and maybe Reg too, now that would be amazing.

This book is a must read. Brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 2 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The Street to Recovery (Kindle Edition)
What a great read ..I was amazed by his story and astounded at how much he had done before we actually got to see him on coronation street .

5.0 out of 5 stars An Inspiration, 4 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The Street to Recovery (Hardcover)
an inspirations to anyone who thinks they may be drinking more than they should. If Kevin can get back from the depths he'd got to and achieve what he has since shows it's possible for anyone who wants to even try.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly Inspiring, 6 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Street to Recovery (Kindle Edition)
This book is honest, frank and extremely inspirational. Written with feeling and love. Kevin talks about his life from his youth, throughout his career, and his battle with alcohol. The battle which he describes openly and sharing his low points and how he was supported by his friends and wonderful wife Clare. Fantastic read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Curly Watts, 25 Feb. 2014
Enjoyed very much Kevin Kennedys biography. So honest about his life
and dealing with his problems. Loved reading about the man behind the character.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable and enlightening, 1 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Street to Recovery (Kindle Edition)
I didn't know anything about the actor or alcoholism until reading the book. It is engaging and easy to put down and resume a while later

5.0 out of 5 stars you gotta read this, 14 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Street to Recovery (Hardcover)
brilliant read,couldn't put it down finished in two days its a must.worth every penny don't miss you will regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars TRUELY GRIPPING READ!, 14 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Street to Recovery (Kindle Edition)
Wasn't quite sure what to expect from this book, but after reading the first few lines I found it difficult to put down. Kevin Kennedy gives a very honest account of his life and its ups and downs. Very interesting read.

5.0 out of 5 stars What to say...?, 11 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Street to Recovery (Kindle Edition)
Triumph over adversity. Yes i know people will say alcoholism is self inflicted but believe me i know from experience it is NOT a deliberate act at all. Kevin's story is open,honesty and most of all thought provoking. I applaud anyone who beats the demon that is alcohol

The Street to Recovery