5.0 out of 5 stars I recommend this book, 18 Sep 2013
I was recommended Dee Blick's books by a friend so I ordered the 15 Essential Materclasses and have read it over the weekend. The advice in the book was firstly easy to read and understand, so it was not a slog to get through the book. I was also pleased to find that it's not all theory. There are loads of practical tips and examples to make it easy to implement the ideas, plus I found the chapters on public speaking and developing expert status very useful. This is something that as a small business owner I think I should concentrate on. The book is a good balance between marketing methods and down to earth ways for putting those into practice.

5.0 out of 5 stars EVERY SMALL BUSINESS SHOULD HAVE A COPY OF THIS BOOK!, 5 Nov 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. Easy to read and digest, packed with real life case studies that demonstrate Dee's vast marketing experience. You'll find practical information and actionable tips in each of the masterclasses. I particularly found 'Your Perfect Positioning Statement', "Public Speaking", "How to Get PR" and "Building Your Expert Status" to be invaluable as a marketing coach. The other masterclasses are excellent and cover all the marketing channels relevant to growing a small business. In summary, every small business should have a copy of this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars The clearest 'What' and 'How' of marketing I've found, 22 Nov 2013
As a small business owner who knows that I need to grow my business, but don't quite know how to employ marketing to help me do it, I found this book was written for me.

Having these 15 Masterclasses in my hand is like having a world-class expert showing me exactly what I should be doing, and just how to do it.

Not telling, but showing. This is what makes the difference for me.

I may not use every avenue of marketing available to me, but the ones I do want to use, I now know exactly what to do.

I've got a few other marketing books, but this one is the most practical and helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars As a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Marketing I highly recommend this book, 11 Nov 2013
As a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Marketing myself I was excited to get my hands on a copy of Dee Blick's new book.
I work with a lot of small businesses and was intrigued to find out if it is even possible to write a book that can help all the different and diverse types of small business with their marketing?
It turns out it is - and Dee has done an exceptional job.

The book is very easy to read, I enjoyed the conversational style which is free of jargon. There is huge value in the case studies from all different types of business. Actual examples of things like successful sales letters, adverts and email campaigns are included which is very generous as often it can cost hundreds of pounds to have these professionally written.

I especially liked the way the case studies were followed by some questions to ask yourself about your business which help you generate ideas for your own marketing and how you can apply the techniques and tips shared. Dee makes it easy to see how you take an idea and apply it to your own business. It gave me a new strategy to add to my current marketing launch.

There are hundreds of ideas and strategies in the book. If you applied just one or two of them, it could easily result in thousands of pounds in additional turnover for you.

If you run a small business and want to get better at marketing I would highly recommend this book. It could give you an extraordinarily high return on your investment.
Lisa Farr, Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Marketing

5.0 out of 5 stars Joins up some important search and social media marketing dots, 22 Oct 2013
I bought this book with a view to reviewing its suitability for our Search and Social Media Marketing CPD course at MediaCityUK. I'm pleased to say that I've wholeheartedly added this as an important book for our reading list and it has been very well received by our class. What makes the book so excellent is its combination of deep and proven marketing expertise and strategy, weaving together expert information about social media marketing. It's simple to understand, but the messages are powerful and inspiring.

The author drafts in multiple experts in various areas offering different viewpoints which help to weave together the bigger picture of social media marketing. I would highly recommend this book to anyone interested in taking their marketing skills and social media marketing to the next level or for those that are in need of marketing inspiration!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic and Practical Bite Size Learning, 19 Oct 2013
I think it was a couple of years ago that I first encountered Dee on Twitter. Initially I probably didn't pay a lot of attention because she was just another marketer. But over a period of time I started to notice how informative her tweets were and how she made complex ideas seem very straightforward.

So, I bought her first book and started to read without too many expectations. I was impressed! I am quite a critical reader when it comes to areas that I train/coach people in and Dee definitely got my attention.

So when I heard that she was about to release another book I decided that I had to read it. Now I would suggest that you don't buy this book if you are looking for a turgid academic examination of marketing. However, if you want simple and very practical ideas for your marketing activity as a small business owner, that you can read about, apply, test and refine then this is definitely the book for you.

In fact, I genuinely think this is one of the best small business marketing books I have read in a long time. Why? because Dee writes in a very down to earth style, provides real life examples, offers tools and resources that you can adapt and use in your business and above all else makes sense!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read - extremely useful, 24 Sep 2013
D Gissane "Visit my blog for social media, se... (Rugby, Warwickshire, UK) - See all my reviews
After reading Dee's previous book, The Ultimate Small Business Marketing Book, I pre ordered The 15 Essential Marketing Masterclasses for Your Small Business a few months ago and genuinely felt like an excited child at xmas morning when it finally arrived.

I had my head buried in the book for hours, only eventually putting it down to get a couple of hours sleep before I started work.

Dee offers plenty of sound advice that is jargon free and easy to make sense of. It's packed with sound advice and full of tips for any business owner to put into practice.

This isn't just a book, it's a great all round marketing tool that I guarantee you'll want to read over and over again.

I've read plenty of small business and marketing books that offered the world and more and claimed to be the latest must read book for success but in reality offered little more than simple common sense.

I know lots of small business owners won't bother to even a marketing book but if you do, make sure this is the one.

It's a small price to pay for some sound advice and it's certainly a lot cheaper than 1000 flyers aimed at nobody specific that only lead to maybe a couple of sales at best.

Overall I rate this is a must read whether you're an established business owner or are just starting out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for making your mark, 23 Sep 2013
If you have a small business buy this book. I've waited the best part of 12 months for it's release and it was worth it. The author's previous publication was lent to me not long after starting my business and enabled me to secure some great publicity and attract new customers.

Since this book arrived at the beginning of the week I've already dipped into a few chapters and put the advice into practice. All the examples and principles can be taken and with a little thought applied to most types of business.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jam Packed full of goodies, 20 Sep 2013
I bought this book thinking how could the author improve on her previous two books or tell me any more than she already has. I'm not sure how she has done it, but done it she has and it's brilliant.

I bought her first two books and was instantly impressed. I still to this day dip in and out of them regularly, they've become a point of reference for me. I'm pretty sure this third book will be too. Soon I imagine it will deteriorate in appearance to the `dog eared well thumbed tome with curling page edges' as I jump in and out to refresh my memory and make sure I'm still doing it right.

In my opinion 15 Essential Marketing Masterclasses is a must read book for all small (and medium size) business owners no matter what sector you are in. It really is jam packed full of juicy relevant and on the button content. The way in which the author writes and I guess the way in which she has encouraged her brilliant contributors to is easy, uncomplicated, thankfully free of jargon and plain talking. The stuff in each masterclass is involving and goes into many levels but it is refreshingly written in a way that for me really makes it sink in. Love it.

I'm a big fan of those makeover programmes where a team of designers go in and transforms a room in a house. The before and after photo scenario. The case studies and examples presented in the masterclasses throughout the book make it a little like that for me. The transformation kind of happens before your eyes as you read the case studies. They add great weight to the story by graphically painting an image. It makes the issue/subject under discussion standout from the page and enables you to almost look at it from every angle. Just fantastic.

There is such a lot of good stuff in this book and you know for the price you pay it represents incredible value for money. I'm already counting the return on my investment! I read it from cover to cover and know I will be in and out of it regularly. I have a small public speaking event coming up shortly, and where as before I'd be very anxious in the run up, I now feel more (almost completely) at ease. I shall read through the public speaking chapter a day or two in advance and be better prepared than I have ever been before.

I highly recommend this book. Buy it and follow the masterclasses and see for yourself what I mean.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another essential read for all business owners from Dee Blick, 29 April 2014
This review is from: The 15 Essential Marketing Masterclasses for Your Small Business (Kindle Edition)
This is the second book I have purcahsed by author Dee Blick and it was as informative and helpful as the first. I intend to launch my first small business in July this year and without this book I would definitely be at a loss for how to achieve the most out of my marketing plan.

This book is essential reading, in my opinion, for all business owners and the simple but effective explainations mean this book can be used by anyone. Coupled with her first book, The 15 Essential Marketing Masterclasses is a formidable tool when developing your marketing plan; yet there is an abundance of useful tips and information to allow it to be used in its own right.

Not only are her books by far the most useful I have read since I got her first book, I have also had the pleasure of speaking with Dee and she is honest, knowledgable and very approachable, all adding to her crediblity and her expert status. I would highly recommend not only this book, but all her books.