5.0 out of 5 stars One of those real romantic stories that could be come true.
~Damn, this woman might be all my weaknesses.~

I love the theatre; the atmosphere, the excitement, the transformations and the stories. For me 'Playing with her Heart' transported me right to the stage, where I could see the auditions and rehearsals and feel the emotion portrayed by the actors. It played out in my mind's eye effortlessly.

I really...
Published 16 months ago by Dymps

This would have been a great read if it wasn't too insta-lust.

I'm not sure why authors ruin great chemistry by setting a great scene to only have the 2 protagonist in lust with each other immediately into the book.

Published 3 months ago by Goddess of Blah Book Reviews

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars One of those real romantic stories that could be come true., 26 Aug 2013
This review is from: Playing With Her Heart (Caught Up in Love Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
~Damn, this woman might be all my weaknesses.~

I really loved Jill and Davis's characters. You got me, I'm a sucker for a broken character, who shuts out love only to find it in the strangest place, or person, and have that love heal them. I also loved that Lauren effortlessly (well what seemed like effortlessly) gave us both POV's throughout the book; their viewpoints seamlessly flowing.These two took me along for the ride, one I definitely didn't want to end as soon as it did. I could do with another book from them, but maybe I'm just being greedy!

Davis is the ultimate gentlemanly alpha and I loved it! He had just the right amount of authority without being overbearing, couple that with superhero-like self-restraint in certain situations *wink* and a caring, loving side, who wouldn't fall for him! Jill is broken but surviving. She's used a veil to hide for the past 6 years, her acting on overtime all these years. She's afraid of the consequences of love, but sees that the benefits with Davis could possibly outweigh the loss. AND OH BOY.... the sex is HOT! *Ahem* Davis can bring me to dinner, apologise and love me anytime!!!

I loved the possibility of the third lover for both characters, allowing both to share their jealous side, showing each other how much they really do feel about each other without having to actually say it. The development of these two characters is great, growing together, and the understanding Davis has of Jill blows me away. You know that saying, he knows me better than I know myself, well never have I found a couple more suited to it.

Though I knew there would be a HEA for them, I still was on edge as how exactly they were going to get there. I had a few "don't do it" moments but then it wouldn't be a good book without a few of those now would it? Well for me at least, it wouldn't. I did have a fair idea of what Jill's issue was early on but I felt that it was really well dealt with throughout.

I really loved this story. I always love a bit of music with my book and Lauren did an amazing job matching up the songs she mentions with the emotion of the scenes as the story developed.It took me by surprise how quickly I became entralled in it and how badly I wanted there to be more past that last page. I read it right through in one short afternoon and read it again the following day, just because I felt it was one of those real romantic stories that could be come true.

Star rating....That's easy, 5 Bright Shining Broadway Stars!

~But then she transforms. Love changes her. Love without bounds. Love without reason. She becomes his, and that changes her.~

1.0 out of 5 stars instant lust, the meet, fall in lust, fantasise about each other which ruins an otherwise decent storyline., 24 Aug 2014
This would have been a great read if it wasn't too insta-lust.

On their very first encounter - he's lusting over her and already debating why it's all wrong. He's like an emotional teen rather than a Alpha adult male.

She's not as premature but starts seriously lusting over him in their second encounter - by which time they're making out (so much for restraint).

The reason why the attraction, constant mooning over each other and make-out sessions are so ill timed - is that we're sold on the idea that the Director Davis Milo is this hotshot, detached, cool professional - slightly on the reserved side who's met countless beauties in his prestigious career.

This is from the hero's POV on their first meeting:

' She takes her glass from my hand, and for the briefest moments her fingers touch mie. I don't even have the time to think about something else. It's so fast, but it ignites something dark in me, the side of myself that she should never know about, the way I like it. But that side is there, and my eyes immediately stray down her body, to the curve of her hips, to the shape of her breasts under her sweater.
Then she bends down to reach for her purse handing off a hook under the bar and I'm watching her, memorising the way she moves, and it's as if I can't stop imagining her bent over, back bowed, ready. The things I would say to her if we were alone like that. The things I would whisper harshly in her ear. The things she'd let me do to her.'

This is just from fingers touching and he's like a teen boy getting excited. But it gets worse - immediately after:

' I remind myself that I am made of iron and can lock up any dangerous thoughts about her and focus solely on work. The matter isn't helped when she retrieves lip gloss from her purse and reapplies it, so I'm instantly wondering how her lips taste. How they'd look on me. '

The made of iron self-pep-talk cracked me up - aawww bless. So cute. But dude if you can't focus when a woman applies lip gloss then perhaps you need something more than pep talks pretending your iron to help steady your nerves.

Anyway, the whole story is like this. Him restraining himself around her before they've formally exchanged names and her thinking he's hot (and she even locks lips with him despite knowing it's her big break and he isn't the man she's interested in - talk about deliberately sabotaging your chances).

==============

Characters - not bad. Kind of your typical Mills & Boon caricatures.

She's all sweet, blonde, innocent and young.

He's all tall, dark, handsome, wealthy and "jaded" (don't forget he's made of iron).

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant lovely book *****, 17 Dec 2013
I loved this book and author; she is brilliant. It has everything I love in a story , broken characters who are scared to love again hiding and denying their true feelings. I really enjoyed that it is written from both POV as well which is a bonus.
I just love Davis.......(I want one)& Jill, both are brilliant together. I won't give away the story because you have to read it, however you will not be disappointed, and I am so glad they isn't a second book.
This book is one of my favourites of Lauren's books and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who likes a good romance story.

5.0 out of 5 stars A broadway romance, 25 Sep 2013
"
Aw this was a lovely treat!!! It makes a change that the backdrop of the story is about a broadway show. Davis is the director and having been burned in the past he promised himself he won't fall for an actress again.

"The first rule of directing is you don't fall for an actress"

Then we have Jill who is playing the understudy for the show who has been traumatised in the past. Wow I loved the sexual tension between these two and there was the right amount of saucy scenes.

This is one of those books where it is all about the romance!! I loved how their relationship developed. I thought they complimented each other perfectly.

"I am so completely in love with you that I can't imagine ever being without you"

There isn't anything I didn't like about this book. It was sexy, romantic, simple yet engaging storyline... I loved it!!! I will definitely go back and check out the rest of the series x

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 30 Aug 2013
This was the first book I've read by Lauren and it definitely won't be the last. This book had everything I want decent story line likable characters and lovely hot steamy bits (ahhhhhh the piano bit) this is a must read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Playing With Her Heart, 28 Aug 2013
Just finished this book and it was totally amazing.It was one of those book's you don't want to end.The alpha male in this book is super hot and you just want to jump in your book and give him a big hug Love Love Love this.Playing With Her Heart Keenan Lolo on facebook

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Romantic story, 27 Aug 2013
I loved this book it has everything I love in a story , broken characters who are scared to love again hiding and denying their true feelings. I really enjoyed that it was set around the theatre as I could picture everything clearly because I love musical theatre shows myself so I was hooked from the start of the book . Davis & Jill are a great couple and easy to relate to because they are probably like a couple of your friends who have been in a similar situation at some point. This book is my personal favourite of Lauren's books and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who likes a good romance story .

4.0 out of 5 stars Playing with her heart, 30 Oct 2014
loved this book most out of the whole series so far. loved the background to jill's past it was a topic I haven't read before. Davis is a hunky male lead very manly yet romantic. the two have a heated connection which neither wants and neither can deny. really enjoyable story which gives a peak into other characters from the authors other books, like kat and Bryan pop up in this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Playing With Her Heart (Caught Up In Love), 18 Jun 2014
Another hot read from this author. I love her stories as they not only have red hot hunks but also an actual story that you can get into. Jill is a up and coming actress who has a troubled past due to her ex, she gets a part in a new musical directored by Davis Milo a very well known director. Davis has been burnt by his ex who left him once she became a star and has vowed never to date actress again. He falls hard for Jill and struggles to keep his feelings in check, especially as it seems Jill is interested in the lead actor. This is a good read, so give it a go you won't be disappointed. You may also like the " No Regrets Trilogy" and "Seductive Nights" by this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Music to my heart, 30 April 2014
Aww what a compelling story, hit a sensitive subject but was handle beautifully, loved the story n Davis is one Hottie, Jill is a lucky lucky woman who deserves happiness after her heartache, hope there is a follow up for theses two...

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›