5.0 out of 5 stars Another great book in TEC series
Published 15 months ago by Mr. G. D. Cheal

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite sure
I have enjoyed most of the books in Mr Nuttall's Empire Corps series and while I did enjoy To The Shores I found that there are aspects of his books I do not like.

First the good.

Published 15 months ago by J. N. Bullock

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite sure, 19 Sep 2013
J. N. Bullock "JNB" (Northumberland, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: To The Shores ... (The Empire's Corps Book 6) (Kindle Edition)

First the good.

As always it is fast paced adventure, this time a classic siege and rescue storey with lost of in a "will they won't they" moments. Goodies who are really good and baddies who are really bad in the best traditions of Saturday morning kids picture shows.

Now the not so good.

Mr Nuttall seems to be developing a Rape fetish that I find a little unhealthy. The subject seems to crop up on far more pages than I feel the stories need.

We are given to believe that the fallen "Empire" has taken some where between 3 and 5 Thousand years to colonise the Galaxy. so how come they are still using bullet firing rifles, RPG's, IED's, tracked tanks, and helicopters.

Also the political lectures that we are subject to at the head of each chapter and at the end do not endear me to the author or his politics.

No this series is going down hill and needs to have a bit of a rethink. Three stars is generous.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great book in TEC series, 7 Sep 2013
Mr. G. D. Cheal (Crawley, UK) - See all my reviews
I continue to be impressed by Mr Nuttalls stories, in particular the Empires Corps series. This book is again different to those that have gone before it and provides the reader with a great reunion with Stalkers Stalkers. He has no trouble making the stories exciting and interesting. Once again Mr Nuttall concentrates on the characters instead of techno babble. He uses references to our real world and tells the story in a way that the reader can relate to, making it all the more gripping as you can fully immerse yourself into the book. There were a couple of little bits I found not to my personal liking, such as the references by Leo to 20th/21st century conflicts which most people even now have trouble recalling let alone several thousand years in the future, but I will not dwell on it here as it is a purely personal thought and has no bearing on the way the story is told or its quality, (I do however understand Mr Nuttalls reasons for using the references...)I was somewhat shocked to have my favourite character killed off, but it goes to show that Mr Nuttall isn't afraid to take chances with the stories he writes. Please keep it going I really enjoy this series.

5.0 out of 5 stars To the shores, 31 Aug 2013
Another must read in the Empire Corps saga. The Terran Marines reinvented with each book as the years pass and the death of the Empire becomes apparent

5.0 out of 5 stars Three woofs on the revised helical scale. Make sure you have a cuddly toy handy when you read this., 15 Aug 2014
S. Pentney "The Scribe" (The English Riviera) - See all my reviews
Woof, oh gosh. Just finished book six. Read part to my attack ferret but, despite years of training and having completed many a hazardous mission up trouser legs, he had a bit of a breakdown. I am told he will spend years in psychotherapy. I might be joining him. The book, ah yes, the book. Hard, well written, characters to loath, love, hate and everything between. It carries the story ever onward as humans show all the very worst qualities and then some. Some of these could be based on politician, dentists, lawyers. It is thoroughly sickening and you end up hoping the good guys win. Will they? I'll have to find out I suppose. For now, three woofs on the new revised helical scale. I'm going to take a bag of doggy biscuits and eat them on my masters bed. Woof woof.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good idea spoilt by bigotry., 7 Aug 2014
Christopher G Nuttall has right wing views which he constantly pushes down your throat. He is amazingly ignorant about politics but pontificates at every chapter heading. There is no literary or plot need for it, socialists have been responsible for virtually every change that has helped man and woman kind. Mr Nuttall try righting a book where the left wing 'softies' win the day and you will see the Steel in our souls.

4.0 out of 5 stars great book - well written, 30 Jun 2014
Really good series of books from this prolific and excellent writer. This book is well crafted and characters well developed. Keep up the good work Chris !

3.0 out of 5 stars War, War & more War!!, 27 May 2014
An interesting discourse of our heroes getting bogged down in the caste system! I felt that the story also got bogged down in the minutiae of detailed skirmishes that highlighted the prolonged rescue process. I hope for a more varied storyline in the next book!
Harast

5.0 out of 5 stars right good read, 24 April 2014
This is the continuation of the empires corps series and is a right good read. I would highly recommend this series

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great read., 15 Jan 2014
Soloman (Suffolk, UK) - See all my reviews
I have enjoyed reading "The Empire's Corps" series, and this latest one didn't disappoint. The only part that surprised me was that the reader didn't get more information about the "Wolfbane" system that Stalker was going to negotiate with. Especially if you had read "Reality Check" first.
A very good read with at least two books that should be in the pipeline from the endings.

5.0 out of 5 stars And another great one...., 22 Nov 2013
just running out of things to say - if you need books for a long vacation, cruise or just read fast - then buy the whole series....its great stuff.....

To The Shores ... (The Empire's Corps Book 6)