on 30 September 2013
Very entertaining book. Funny, but quite an in depth look into his past and experiences in Vietnam.Thoroughly enjoyed reading it.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 11 January 2014
If you had ever heard about reality series "Duck Dynasty" then you know who is Si Robertson, or as they call him "favorite uncle".

But this is not usual series fan book, because the book is centered on this character, and reader can find out lot of details about him and where he is coming from, there isn't much detail about other cast from "Duck Dynasty" series.

The show itself is mentioned few times and there are lots of pictures of people who participate in series, although not the whole cast on same photo.

It's funny and entertaining to read, although pretty short taking into account the large number of images found inside.
Si is telling a story of his life, about hunting and fishing, some from Vietnam (`Nam), about his children and wife, all the time using his inevitable Uncle Si-isms so his fans won't be disappointed.

I watch this series occasionally so I was familiar with most of the things which are mentioned in first part of book that is probably the only drawback for someone who is familiar with the show.

But overall, this book could be recommended for fans of series, people who like hunting and fishing, or simply for anyone who wants a few good laughs.
on 18 January 2014
Its a funny old book in a few ways buy written by Si Robertson you didn't expect anything else did you?
Well worth a read and has some interesting fact about Si and the rest of the family that are not shown on the tv.

Shows a different side to Si aswell and some parts of the book are downright funny.
It also tells a little about Si and his life and his serving in the army.

I know a few people who wont watch duck dynasty because of the hype etc, after reading this book 2 of them are converted fans.

Well worth a read for a fan or not.
on 23 May 2014
I loved reading this book about Si its very much like the series in the fact that its serious but light hearted at the same time I would defiantly recommend this book "JACK "
on 28 February 2014
I loved this book! I read it in 1 day it is soo funny and enjoyable definitely worth buying if you are a duck dynasty fan!
on 31 December 2013
I bought this book for my brother, who fishes, shoots and spends a lot of time with his dogs. I picked it up to read before I wrapped it, and read the whole thing. My brother loved it too.
It gives a great insight into Silas and his life before DD. A very easy and entertaining read.
I am a fan of DD anyway, but having read this book I will watch it through different eyes,
A must for any Uncle Si fan.
on 31 January 2014
Needed a stimulating Gift for a highly intelligent 34 year old, who God willing will become my son in law.
on 6 December 2013
another great idea for a Christmas present, its got to be a good read , my kind of reasoning on life
on 5 November 2013
I bought this for my husband who is an avid fan of duck dynasty,he found it to be very interesting as Si goes over his life & several times I heard him chuckle out loud whilst reading it,it was also interesting to see photos of Si before his beard I would never have recognised him! a good read & well worth the money
on 18 December 2013
Very good read, a good insight into the character I have grown to really like while watching Duck Dynasty. I do not usually buy current books unless I really fancy them, but this was well worth the effort. Also bought his calendar for Xmas for my grandson, very good value as well.