5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Fabulous
as a big fan of Jennifer Saunders I was very excited to read this book, I can honestly say i was not disappointed. The unique 'go of on a ramble in the middle of a chapter' structure ensured that you were never bored by long stories of great grandparents and first boyfriends. The book was just as funny as Jen herself and I read the book in her voice. It was personal but...
Published 9 months ago by Charlotte Woodley

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite good fun.
Not the best written book but heck, it was fun, readable and interesting and a pleasant way to spend an evening!
Published 5 months ago by Jenny Muir

‹ Previous | 120 21 2225 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Laughed a lot at this book!, 16 Nov 2013
This review is from: Bonkers: My Life in Laughs (Kindle Edition)
Surprised how down-to-earth JS is. A good writer and people-watcher.Hope she makes more progs. And writes more books very soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars funny and heart warming, 6 Nov 2013
This review is from: Bonkers: My Life in Laughs (Kindle Edition)
I was sad to get to the end of the book. Her story told as you would want to read it, funny and also moving in parts. Thoroughly recommend it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok in parts, 18 Nov 2013
I decided to read "Bonkers - my life in laughs" after having heard it as "Book of the week" on Radio 4 and enjoyed it. I thought that it would be good to read the whole book having only heard the condensed version. I wish I hadn't bothered. The condensed version on the radio was much better than the full printed version.

In my opinion the book contained too much name dropping and irrelevant chapters containing `correspondence' between Ms. Saunders and the likes of Dawn French and Joanna Lumley. When you read an autobiography you want to learn about the person who is writing it, that is why I enjoyed the beginning and end of the book - the parts that contain the most information about Ms. Saunders.

The book was funny and in parts did make me laugh but it just felt that there was too much padding in parts. It is certainly not one of the best autobiographies that I have read. It is a book that will make you laugh, have you interested in some parts but will also make you skim read some sections. It could have been much better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fabulous! obviously :), 25 Jan 2014
This review is from: Bonkers: My Life in Laughs (Kindle Edition)
Excellent read. Full of great stories about many people and programmes that if you are a fan or grew up in the 80's you will find familiar. Have always loved Jennifer's humour and it translates brilliantly in to print. Such a talented but down to earth lady. What fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it.., 8 Jan 2014
This review is from: Bonkers: My Life in Laughs (Kindle Edition)
Thoroughly enjoyable. I ended up liking JS much more than I did before. I encountered her at work years ago and she was huffy, I now understand she is a woman of few words with strangers! Very easy read. Enjoy

5.0 out of 5 stars Ab Fab, 5 Jan 2014
I am a big fan of Jennifer Saunders and always read that she would never do one of these books but then she did.
I couldn't put this book down once I started to read it, I read it in the voice of 'Jennifer' and never laughed so much or been as entertained and caught up in a book.
What I love about this book is you find out a lot about the women herself without finding out anything out. As crazy as it sounds you do learn a lot about Jennifer but not as much as you'd expect and it's like reading about someone else and Jennifer still remains an enigma.

4.0 out of 5 stars Finaly!, 19 Nov 2013
I was reading Dawn French Dear Fatty and really wanted to read some about Jennifer Saunders. I love abfab and find it funny. When I read the book its like hearing Jennifer from interviews so its quite living and then ofcourse writen in humor. I was supposed to save it a week to have something to entertain me during a hospital stay but I could not resist and the book was read during a day or two.. me laughing behind the pages!

Well thats my review.... A danish AbFab fan!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant I simply enjoyed your book and smiled., 17 Nov 2013
This review is from: Bonkers: My Life in Laughs (Kindle Edition)
An excellent read - just couldn't put the book down. A private person who didn't let us into her personal life too much. I was really surprised as to how much she didn't let us into her life yet I grew to like her so much more. Such normal people with a normal family life. What delightful daughters she and Ade Edmondson seem to have brought up. An honest book. Despite her illness the book never became maudlin. What a lovely family she appears to have and what an enjoyable & secure childhood she enjoyed with her brothers and parents. Just read and smile. Thank you for keeping me entertained whilst reading your book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good one, 28 Oct 2013
This review is from: Bonkers: My Life in Laughs (Kindle Edition)
Really good and funny book, especially if you are a fan,covers a time when there was really good comedy on TV.

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this book, 28 July 2014
This book is new and it’s well over 300 pages long. I loved this book, and it arrived within the specified time. Thank you.

‹ Previous | 120 21 2225 | Next ›