on 17 August 2013
Comes as a short story; reads like an in-depth novel. Set out over a single night, the writer plays with timing and action to great effect.
I wouldn't expect to pay much more for a book this length, but I probably would anyway given how much I enjoyed it. Being able to read a book about a single night...in a single night makes the timeline far more believable and real, and definitely kept me hooked.
I've read it twice now and continue to pick up on chilling references, just awesome; download!
on 10 September 2013
This is a short story, not a book so was a good, very quick read. Don't think the author could have sustained the momentum to a full book. It's supposed to be true, if so, horrific.
on 13 October 2013
Unbelievable to think that any one could treat a defenceless child, sorry abuse all those years and no one was any the wiser. Being abused doesn't have to control and ruin your life, it will scar you but as this shows it can make you more determined and resourceful.
on 27 October 2013
what a great book love reading it and would tell all my friends 2 buy it. nice when u get a happy ending
on 17 August 2013
A chillingly accurate account of a staggering story of child abuse. From the first chapter it had me hooked, and despite its short length, the constant blood-pumping action makes up for that. The quote I gave is just an example of where the author places you right in the centre of the action, and when she finally makes her escape at the end, I for one felt as relieved as she seemed to be.

Very well written and well worth picking up...that is, if you can put it down!
on 15 October 2015
The information about this book is there to see, you could have seen it was 22 pages!! I read through the reviews prior to reading this, and I'm disgusted with some reviewers. Some saying not worth the money, well how can you put a price on reflection and memories such as these??
I actually read that a couple of times too that it wasn't a good story! Shocking!!
For anyone that has suffered abuse and has taken the time and relived their worst real nightmares, I salute you. Thank you for sharing your stories and making us aware of what can go on around us. We all have a duty to protect children!
Sorry for ranting, but surely others who have rated higher than the 1 star reviews agree, that is offensive to the authors and victims of abuse.
on 13 January 2014
This was one of the most courageous books I've ever read! And believe me I've read a lot!
There's a lot I can't understand - like how no one knew of Emily's existence! Yes she being five was probably too young to go to school -when her mother was murdered by that monster - how she could be hidden away and treated worse than a battered dog and no one knew! How can that still happen in this day an age! And how a monster who wasn't even a relative could keep her hidden for so long! Like how come when he mother was murdered - well to the outside world presumed to probably died of an accident - that nobody went looking for her child - (because you're - yeah if you're reading this Emily- I hope you do read reviews even though they will remind you of a life of hell! I wish I could talk to you directly but there's no way - as I'm not crazy enough to leave my email address on a review - I have loads of questions - and I know it's a review of you're book and I should write about you in the third person - but after reading the story of I wanna say childhood - but that Emily was no childhood -that WAS HELL! - has left feeling I owe it to you to write my review to you -I hope that makes sense!
But Emily I just can't understand there must have been a record somewhere of your existence that you're mother had a child - but nobody had come looking for you! I was gonna say perhaps because you and you're mother may have moved in with that monster not long before you're mothers business trip perhaps they didn't know you was there - but that's crazy too coz coz you're mother was (not gonna say died) was murdered there - you would of thought that the athoritoities would have looked there for you!
When I got to the last page I couldn't believe that was it! That the book was over! I've a yearning to know - no a need to know what happened next! I've so many questions that I could write a book of them - there is one obvious one - which I won't ask the question - just make a statement I hope that you got that b.....d done! God bless you love and I hope that you're adulthood is rewarding and full of love that you should of had if you was privileged to have had a childhood past the age of five.
I come from a lost childhood past the age of 10 after my father died - in a completely different way to you - I can't disclose anything not on here - one day I'll share my story.
But I just want to say - well done Emily not only for surviving 11 years of hell - but you did it love you achieved you're goal - you shared to the world of how you're mother really died - you should be proud of you're self - one more thing I wish you was a person that I could be privileged to know.
Sorry one more thing - I hope the hurt of the past doesn't haunt you too much. - coz I know one thing too - no matter how old you are - you can never quite get rid of the pain of you' re childhood!
D
on 21 November 2013
Far too short a story to even get interested in, shame the writer didn't enlarge on the experiences that happened over a period of time.
on 2 September 2013
Pretty good, kept me hooked for sure. Got a great chilling backbone and story links cleverly up in lots of places. Well worth a download at 79p, most books in this category can run you up to 5 quid
on 29 May 2014
Started well but then. Well nothing. No story. No end. Like an unfinished essay. Don't waste your money. Wait for the author to finish it or throw it out!! Total waste.