5.0 out of 5 stars Good practical book to help you get writing
Published 12 months ago by rickie78

3.0 out of 5 stars Novel planning
A lot of emphasis on drafting a 10,000 word plan of the novel, before actually writing it, which might put off some would be writers. Otherwise, some good advice for the novelist who sees themselves as writing hardback or paperback novels, rather than an ebook.
Published 12 months ago by B. J. Kitchen

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Good practical book to help you get writing, 13 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Novel: Plan it. Write it. Sell it. (Kindle Edition)
I bought this because I needed a practical book that would help get me motivated to start writing. I knew I had it in me, I just didn't know where - or how - to begin. I found it really helpful in moving me towards my dream of completing my own novel. I read it alongside Celebrity Authors' Secrets Celebrity Authors' Secrets: The World's Greatest Living Authors Reveal How They Sell Millions of Booksbecause I also wanted to see how really successful writers had made it. It was good balance to learn the practical tips of building a book, and also to be inspired by successful authors' secrets of success.

3.0 out of 5 stars Novel planning, 16 Jun. 2014
B. J. Kitchen - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars for new writers, 10 Mar. 2015
Smask "smask" (Crewe, Cheshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Novel: Plan it. Write it. Sell it. (Kindle Edition)
If you really want to write start with this book and do the exercises. Don't skip them, they do have meaning and will really help.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very nice little read, 4 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Novel: Plan it. Write it. Sell it. (Kindle Edition)
A very nice little read. A little out of date, still talks about having a shyster, sorry, an agent, to publish a book. I would have thought that most modern writers would be looking towards self publishing using Kindle or the like. Worth having though.

5.0 out of 5 stars A 'How to.' Book that Cuts the Mustard!, 27 May 2014
B. J. Michaels "Barbara Michaels" (Cardiff, Wales.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Novel: Plan it. Write it. Sell it. (Kindle Edition)
Of the many books out there advising authors how to write and sell their novel, this is the one to read. All the information is there, in 12 succinct and readable chapters which include just about everything - from "Getting started" to tricks of the trade to bear in mind once you are approaching the winning post - i.e publication. As a writer who was fortunate to attend in person Lynne Barrett-Lee's course on novel writing, I can vouch first hand for her expertise. Read her book before you start work on your novel, or when you are halfway through and suffering from writer's block of lack of faith in your writing, or even after you have penned those longed-for words 'The End' - but reading this book is a must.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for novelists, 28 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Novel: Plan it. Write it. Sell it. (Kindle Edition)
Inspired to finally get that book you have been talking about written in the New Year? This is the book you need to both inspire and guide you - as it has done for me, helping get me over the finishing line with a novel I have been trying to write for years. Clear and well laid out, this book is packed with tips and advice from a published author who knows how to make their advice accessible to the novice. I found the section on the synopsis especially useful.

This is a guide you will reference again and again as you write - a bit like a friend to turn to for advice. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Novel: Plan it.Write it. Sell it., 4 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Novel: Plan it. Write it. Sell it. (Kindle Edition)
A brilliant resource for any aspiring novelist! It contains all the information you need, written in a style which is both practical and professional. Lynne breaks the process down into twelve 'steps' covering all aspects of planning, writing and selling. When you are reading the book, you know that she is someone who has successfully gone through all these steps herself. The course on which the book is based was the inspiration for me to start writing my own novel and I shall be referring to the book over and over again. Lynne has given me the confidence to move on as writer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Novel by Lynne Barrett-Lee, 24 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Novel: Plan it. Write it. Sell it. (Kindle Edition)
This is the book that will make you write your novel. It's full of inspiration together with practical details, tips and pitfalls and is in a very helpful format. It covers every aspect of planning writing and selling your novel with the added reassurance of having been written by a well established author. Having attended Lynne's course I shall be referring to this all the time. It feels like a permanent home tutorial and I'm not sure how I managed without it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical, straight talking and a total Godsend!, 31 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Novel: Plan it. Write it. Sell it. (Kindle Edition)
Lynne is a writing genius. Every budding author (or even those with years of experience) should own a copy of this book. Filled with useful and practical advice, and she makes it sound so simple, I wish I could have bought this years ago! As an avid fan of Lynne's website where I love to pick up snippets and tips, I'm delighted to now have my very own tutorial to browse through for that much needed kick up the backside when I need it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 7 May 2014
A. J. HALLETT (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Novel: Plan it. Write it. Sell it. (Kindle Edition)
I didn't read this book, I demolished it. I read it through in top speed then went back over it again. It is written in a clear and friendly way and it is linked to the writer's website for more tips. I loved being able to download the notes she had made for one of her novels… to be able to see the thought process to planning a novel is invaluable to anybody struggling to write their novel.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Novel: Plan it. Write it. Sell it.