4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Ryanair Cabin Baggage
Published on 18 Sept. 2011 by lesley

3.0 out of 5 stars Hasn't lasted very long
Published on 1 Jun. 2013 by Snoopyfan

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Ryanair Cabin Baggage, 18 Sept. 2011
These bags are great for flying with Ryanair and just taking the 10kg hand allowance. You can get loads of stuff in them. However don't put too many bulky items in the front zip areas or the bag won't fit in the Ryanair measuring thingy. I had a hairdryer and some mini straighteners in there and had to stuff them in my (large) coat pockets in the end. Only other thing - there are 2 velcro patches on the back of the panel that opens up to let the back straps out - which are presumably to keep this panel in place when the straps are being used. On our bags there was no opposite velcro for these to stick to. A manufacturing fault I think, but I didn't have time to send the bag back before flying. This wasn't a big deal though because mostly we just used the extending handle and wheels or the handle on the top for lifting. I would recommend these bags.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super light, super big and super purple!, 3 Mar. 2013
Well I have recently received this item so not yet traveled but so far I am really pleased. Firstly the colour is a really rich royal purple, it is the new model which measures 55x40x20 and has the zipped in extending handle with a stitched in flap to prevent the previously reported problem with access to the main compartment when the handle is extended.

On receipt of the item I have fully packed it and confirmed it is still within the size required, caution should be taken with packing, as it would be easy to over stuff it and if you don't take care it can topple forward - easy to avoid with good packing though. The compression straps do help to squeeze it into size if needed but with every I need for 3 nights away in cold weather I didn't need to use them.

The quality of the bag seems really good (especially for the price and whilst keeping the weight down), I have checked all stitching, zips and straps, all A OK. The fabric does feel light however it seems strong and sturdy, I think it is the same material as similar bags I have, (Eastpack, Nike, Northface etc) it is just that these have additional padding or lining which makes them feel more substantial and consequently heavier, I am confident that with a little care this bag will happily accompany me on many city breaks for years to come.

The only thing I would like to see added to this bag is some internal compression straps as at the moment I am packing but rolling my clothes as unless the bag is full everything sinks to the bottom. compression straps would be easy to add in and really aid the packing and use of the bag.

If I do find out anymore while traveling with my bag I will update this review.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, 25 Aug. 2011
This is so much sturdier than I thought it would be, fits loads into it and is still light to manouver around, so much so my 5yr old was doing it for me!
Bought this and also the rucksack version, between them both they held everything the family needed for a weeks holidays.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 3 Oct. 2011
I bought the Cabin Max as I was going to Italy with Rynair and was conscious of their strict carryon luggage policy. It worked like a dream and was easy to carry both as a wheelie case and as a rucksack I would definately recommend it.Cabin Max Flight Approved Carry on Purple Trolley Rucksack Bag 44L lightweight wheeled luggage

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 18 Oct. 2011
Ordered this for moving to Germany for 10 months as I wanted cabin luggage that could also be used as a backpack when pulling various other suitcases. Was worried it wouldn't fit the airport regulations but it fits in that little size checker box fine, even when it's very full (I flew with Lufthansa but sure it will be fine for other airlines like Ryanair). It works brilliantly as a backpack, as the back section unzips and fastens underneath to cushion you from the wheels. It works equally well as a wheeled case; the handle (which can be zipped up and hidden in backpack mode) and wheels are sturdy and it's such a useful size that I can even use it for carrying food shopping. There are also loads of different compartments, with places to put valuables. The straps round the side can be tightened to prevent things rattling around if it's not so full, which I did to stop my 17 inch laptop (which fit in great, with loads of rooms spare) moving around. Can't really fault this product; perfect if you want a versatile cabin luggage case and want to make the most of the free luggage allowance; and because it's also much lighter than other same sized cases (around 1 1/2 kilos) you can make the most of the weight allowance too. Will definitely be using it on many occasions, well worth the money!

5.0 out of 5 stars As advertised absolutely fine for Jet 2 and Ryanair, 29 Aug. 2013
Seem well made, and I especially like the multi-utility of as a carry bag, wheelie, and rucksack. This is to confirm that the bag (full) is the correct size for both Jet2 and Ryanair flights. It fits easily into the containers and when full weight between 7.5-9.5 kg.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good cabin bag, 10 July 2013
Does the job very well. Capacity much higher than my hard cabin bag. Slightly less stable on its wheels than solid bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Multi functional.....excellent!!!, 16 July 2013
Fast delivery
Perfect for carry on or rucksack.
Did not need a hand luggage as this bag was quite big
Overhead cabin fit
would recommend this product

4.0 out of 5 stars Good bag, 19 Feb. 2015
This bag lasted two years for me, however I had quite a number of flights, it must have been at least 30 flights. Since the bag doesn't have a very solid frame, it shouldn't be used for carrying heavy things. The bottom of it quickly starts bending and the corners starters ripping after about 4th flight. But the bag is relatively light and can be converted from a trolley to a backpack which is amazing and the measurements are exactly what Ryanair lets you take on board. No one has ever asked me to put this bag into the metal frames for bag size checking. I also loved the straps at the sides that would keep the bag in shape. The end of the bag, though, came when the top handle broke. I can't be bothered using it as a backpack all the time so I just left it in my storage. It's a good bag overall and I would recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hasn't lasted very long, 1 Jun. 2013
I bought the purple bag in Nov 2011 and have used it on 3 holidays. The size is fine although my first trip (with Ryanair) it wouldn't fit in the bag check so I turned it upside down and then it went in, but I struggled to pull it out! They let me on with it though. My other flights have been with Jet 2, who haven't checked it but their allowance is a bit more, I think.

My main complaints are that it lets water in through the pull handle if this is opened when it's raining. I think this may have been rectified in later models?

And finally, now it has started to rip at the side seam and so I don't think I will be able to use it again.

Disappointing performance.