4.0 out of 5 stars AirPrint Printer?
Published 5 months ago by Gordonc

3.0 out of 5 stars GOOD PRINTER
Only giving three stars as I have not been able to connect to it via wireless. Actually not a problem as I can use USB cable (not supplied).
I am running a MacBook Pro with OS X 10.9. When I loaded the supplied CD, a message came up saying that drivers were not available.
Published 5 months ago by Spruce49

4.0 out of 5 stars AirPrint Printer?, 5 Mar 2014
This review is from: Brother DCP-J552DW A4 Colour Inkjet Multifunction Wireless Printer (Print/Scan/Copy) (Accessory)
This printer works very well. The WiFi setup was very easy and everything was looking good, HOWEVER both my iPad and iPhone do not recognize it as an AirPrint printer so in order to print I have to go through some tedious steps. It will print using the Brother iprint app but only if you can convert any doc to a PDF, or word format, anything else has to be copied to the clipboard and the converted to an acceptable format before printing. I can just about manage but my wife is totally lost! Brother appear to know of the problem and are hopefully working on a solution. Apple has the the printer listed as an AirPrint printer but have obviously never actually tried it. Be aware before ordering

3.0 out of 5 stars GOOD PRINTER, 28 Feb 2014
I went to the Brother support site and downloaded a driver ok, and once installed I was able to connect to the printer via USB, the wireless bit is still to be sorted out.
Print quality good, very good LCD screen that is intuitive to use. I have been scanning lots of old black and white photographs, and these have been sent to my Mac either as pdf or jpg depending on what you need to do. Quality of resulting picture is very good.
This is not my first Brother printer, I'm sure the wireless bit will be solved and I'm happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super printer!, 6 Mar 2014
I bought this on the recommendation of "Which" magazine. We have it connected to a desktop via USB cable and also via wireless to a separate laptop. This latter took a bit of setting up but the manual instructions were clear.
Very happy with this machine - print is clear and it's easy to use. At just over 90 delivered it was also good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brother Printer wireless connection immediate., 5 Jun 2014
Not being a computer keek expected difficulties with the the wireless connection to my computer, connection was easy both in understanding the instructions and the actual connection which was immediate. Have now progressed to printing direct from my phone.

The entire setup process was painless and successful. The print quality is good both text and pictures in all cases from fast through everyday to first class, although I have not yet tried photos.

Very satisfied with all aspects of my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brother Printer, 17 Nov 2013
Excellent wireless printer that can cope with 2 lap tops, 2 ipads and 2 iphones without and problems whatsoever. Ordered 11 Nov. 2013 delivered 12 Nov. Excellent service, excellent printer

3.0 out of 5 stars Turns Sleep into comatose hibernation., 16 July 2014
Had serious teething trouble with wake on LAN fatures and not being able to reset the printer and clear the stack. Had to un-install the driver and re-install from scratch many times, and auto setup was not great. Basically this was a hard work setup which surprised me because I've had a couple of USB Brother printers that were real happy bunnies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brother printer, 22 May 2014
Very pleased with this printer, seems to work very well and is easy to install & set up. Easy to understand. Looking forward to many years of pleasure in using.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good compact printer, 18 May 2014
Good printer
Like front loading of ink and paper also option of double side printing.
Easy to set up
Have not as yet printed any photos but print clarity is good
Would recommend

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to be doing what I wanted, 12 May 2014
Do not use the printer much and this is my first modern one. Have to admit, I only do "basic" and it does what I want it to do, and its quiet. Have not printed a photo yet. Is simple to use, even for a senior citizen computer dummy.
LOVE the abilty to press a print button on my laptop downstairs and it prints in my office upstairs. WiFi seems a brilliant conception!
Any regrets buying it, not yet!

2.0 out of 5 stars avoid,buy a canon., 17 April 2014
Poor colour photograph quality. Weak and flimsy photo tray. No where near as good as my last printer ,a canon MP 560.
Poor instruction manual.