4.0 out of 5 stars AirPrint Printer?
Published 12 months ago by Gordonc

3.0 out of 5 stars GOOD PRINTER
Only giving three stars as I have not been able to connect to it via wireless. Actually not a problem as I can use USB cable (not supplied).
I am running a MacBook Pro with OS X 10.9. When I loaded the supplied CD, a message came up saying that drivers were not available.
Published 13 months ago by Spruce49

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars GOOD PRINTER, 28 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Brother DCP-J552DW A4 Colour Inkjet Multifunction Wireless Printer (Print/Scan/Copy) (Accessory)
I went to the Brother support site and downloaded a driver ok, and once installed I was able to connect to the printer via USB, the wireless bit is still to be sorted out.
Print quality good, very good LCD screen that is intuitive to use. I have been scanning lots of old black and white photographs, and these have been sent to my Mac either as pdf or jpg depending on what you need to do. Quality of resulting picture is very good.
This is not my first Brother printer, I'm sure the wireless bit will be solved and I'm happy with my purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars AirPrint Printer?, 5 Mar. 2014
This printer works very well. The WiFi setup was very easy and everything was looking good, HOWEVER both my iPad and iPhone do not recognize it as an AirPrint printer so in order to print I have to go through some tedious steps. It will print using the Brother iprint app but only if you can convert any doc to a PDF, or word format, anything else has to be copied to the clipboard and the converted to an acceptable format before printing. I can just about manage but my wife is totally lost! Brother appear to know of the problem and are hopefully working on a solution. Apple has the the printer listed as an AirPrint printer but have obviously never actually tried it. Be aware before ordering

5.0 out of 5 stars Super printer!, 6 Mar. 2014
I bought this on the recommendation of "Which" magazine. We have it connected to a desktop via USB cable and also via wireless to a separate laptop. This latter took a bit of setting up but the manual instructions were clear.
Very happy with this machine - print is clear and it's easy to use. At just over £90 delivered it was also good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brother Printer wireless connection immediate., 5 Jun. 2014
Not being a computer keek expected difficulties with the the wireless connection to my computer, connection was easy both in understanding the instructions and the actual connection which was immediate. Have now progressed to printing direct from my phone.

The entire setup process was painless and successful. The print quality is good both text and pictures in all cases from fast through everyday to first class, although I have not yet tried photos.

Very satisfied with all aspects of my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded my expectations, 22 Sept. 2014
Best printer I have bought to date. I usually make the mistake of buying the most showy printer with the best colour option but toner/ink is usually funny money, so this time I researched best value for money ink replacement and Brother was recommended. I'm very happy with my purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars Turns Sleep into comatose hibernation., 16 July 2014
Had serious teething trouble with wake on LAN fatures and not being able to reset the printer and clear the stack. Had to un-install the driver and re-install from scratch many times, and auto setup was not great. Basically this was a hard work setup which surprised me because I've had a couple of USB Brother printers that were real happy bunnies.

1.0 out of 5 stars very bad software problems after five months, 14 Jan. 2015
I will never buy a Brother printer again. Five months after purchase the software began to go wrong meaning that I kept getting the message 'data remaining in memory'. The printer would either not respond to a print request at all, or get stuck half way through a job and display the message 'data remaining in memory', or print multiple copies of a document that I only requested one copy of, or print portions of a document in multiple copies. Sometimes it would start to 'receive data' and then print a document which did not feature in the print queue at all because I had (so I thought) cancelled it a while ago. I must have wasted several reams of paper trying to get my documents to print. I e-mailed Brother customer support who told me that hey had brought out a firmware update to 'resolve performance issues such as the ones you are experiencing'. They told me to uninstall and reinstall the printer drivers (a lengthy and frustrating process). I have now done this twice and the printer is just as bad as before. AVOID!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Money well spent, 16 Dec. 2014
Pleased with everything so far. Easy to set up. Followed the wireless setup instructions and worked fine.Print quality is good, but have only printed a few documents in standard quality. Have not printed any photos, but wasn't intending to. Printer is reasonably quick, and so far ink usage appears to be good. Some printers seem to have frightening ink usage during the cleaning cycle, especially so for low volume printing.
Only minor flaw that I have found so far is that the scanner cover is a little flimsy, but am sure it will last if treated with care.
Overall, good value for money

2.0 out of 5 stars Think twice and spend more money., 21 Feb. 2015
So my lovely Canon Pixma developed an apparent unfixable fault (lots of internet complaints about that). So I refused to buy another Canon and bought this. The price was much the same as I paid for the Canon but I think I got a bargain on the Canon. The build is much more plastic. There is no rear feed for photo paper. And the paper feed is rubbish. Often feeding several pages (and I am using decent paper). Scan works well. Wifi works well. Ink usage is not bad, which is good because I buy their ink. I wouldn't recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good compact printer, 18 May 2014
Good printer
Like front loading of ink and paper also option of double side printing.
Easy to set up
Have not as yet printed any photos but print clarity is good
Would recommend