4.0 out of 5 stars AirPrint Printer?
Published 9 months ago by Gordonc

3.0 out of 5 stars GOOD PRINTER
Only giving three stars as I have not been able to connect to it via wireless. Actually not a problem as I can use USB cable (not supplied).
I am running a MacBook Pro with OS X 10.9. When I loaded the supplied CD, a message came up saying that drivers were not available.
Published 9 months ago by Spruce49

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars AirPrint Printer?, 5 Mar 2014
This review is from: Brother DCP-J552DW A4 Colour Inkjet Multifunction Wireless Printer (Print/Scan/Copy) (Accessory)
This printer works very well. The WiFi setup was very easy and everything was looking good, HOWEVER both my iPad and iPhone do not recognize it as an AirPrint printer so in order to print I have to go through some tedious steps. It will print using the Brother iprint app but only if you can convert any doc to a PDF, or word format, anything else has to be copied to the clipboard and the converted to an acceptable format before printing. I can just about manage but my wife is totally lost! Brother appear to know of the problem and are hopefully working on a solution. Apple has the the printer listed as an AirPrint printer but have obviously never actually tried it. Be aware before ordering

3.0 out of 5 stars GOOD PRINTER, 28 Feb 2014
I went to the Brother support site and downloaded a driver ok, and once installed I was able to connect to the printer via USB, the wireless bit is still to be sorted out.
Print quality good, very good LCD screen that is intuitive to use. I have been scanning lots of old black and white photographs, and these have been sent to my Mac either as pdf or jpg depending on what you need to do. Quality of resulting picture is very good.
This is not my first Brother printer, I'm sure the wireless bit will be solved and I'm happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super printer!, 6 Mar 2014
I bought this on the recommendation of "Which" magazine. We have it connected to a desktop via USB cable and also via wireless to a separate laptop. This latter took a bit of setting up but the manual instructions were clear.
Very happy with this machine - print is clear and it's easy to use. At just over £90 delivered it was also good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brother Printer wireless connection immediate., 5 Jun 2014
Not being a computer keek expected difficulties with the the wireless connection to my computer, connection was easy both in understanding the instructions and the actual connection which was immediate. Have now progressed to printing direct from my phone.

The entire setup process was painless and successful. The print quality is good both text and pictures in all cases from fast through everyday to first class, although I have not yet tried photos.

Very satisfied with all aspects of my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded my expectations, 22 Sep 2014
Best printer I have bought to date. I usually make the mistake of buying the most showy printer with the best colour option but toner/ink is usually funny money, so this time I researched best value for money ink replacement and Brother was recommended. I'm very happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is a breezebto set up., 27 Nov 2014
As usual delivered on time by Amazon.
This not the best constructed printer, parts of it are quite flimsy, but then what do you expect for the price. I followed the instructions and it was a breeze to set up. It prints from my Android phone, with Brother app, from my iPad via Airprint, from my Chromebook via Google Cloud print, from one laptop running Windows 7 and one laptop running Vista. It has a scanner but no way of scanning in 35mm slides, I use a Canon scanner for all my scanning needs.
I had two Canon printers before and both had print head failures, so after reading the reviews on the WWW decided to go for this, so far so good. The only issue I Have had is when I was playing around with settings in Windows 7 and made it a shared printer, I unticked the box and returned to not shared
When I came to print from it next time none of my devices could find it on the network. So after some fiddling about and getting nowhere I reset the wifi settings in the printer and set it up again from the CD and all was well. I am, todate, more than happy with this printer.

3.0 out of 5 stars Turns Sleep into comatose hibernation., 16 July 2014
Had serious teething trouble with wake on LAN fatures and not being able to reset the printer and clear the stack. Had to un-install the driver and re-install from scratch many times, and auto setup was not great. Basically this was a hard work setup which surprised me because I've had a couple of USB Brother printers that were real happy bunnies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brother Printer, 17 Nov 2013
Excellent wireless printer that can cope with 2 lap tops, 2 ipads and 2 iphones without and problems whatsoever. Ordered 11 Nov. 2013 delivered 12 Nov. Excellent service, excellent printer

5.0 out of 5 stars Good compact printer, 18 May 2014
Good printer
Like front loading of ink and paper also option of double side printing.
Easy to set up
Have not as yet printed any photos but print clarity is good
Would recommend

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 15 Nov 2014
Bought this on the basis of the Which magazine review. However, after the original cartridges ran out (pretty quickly as they have little ink), it has been printing erratically. Despite using Brother own brand cartridges (otherwise Brother will not accept warranty) I am sending it back, cleaning the printer heads, I get uneven and misaligned printing.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›