5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 18 Jun 2014
This review is from: New Constellation (Audio CD)
Like the group and like this album very much! Very good album overall! Very pleased with this. The CD is already one of my favorites.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Toad gem, 13 May 2014
This review is from: New Constellation (Audio CD)
Having been a longtime Toad fan, I was delighted to see they had released a new album after such a long hiatus - so good to know the band is still very much alive and continuing to produce their own special blend of music.
Wondering how this new release would fare alongside such fantastic albums as Fear, Pale, Coil, Dulcinea - could they still come together and 'hit the spot' with their wonderful melodies, lyrics and harmonies? Could the Toad that I knew and loved bring something new and fresh - and yet still keep that Toad sound and feeling?
Well, after a couple of tentative listenings, I knew that this would be an album I would listen to again and again. And I have. And with each listening, this album has crept a little further under my skin. It's something about Toad's music, it becomes a part of you - or maybe you become part of it - either way, if it connects with you, it can be very powerful and that feeling seems to grow.
As another reviewer has said, I would love to see Toad perform in the UK. There must be others out there who feel the same. I just find it incredible that music as good as this gets overlooked by the masses.
Long live Toad!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic new Toad album, 11 Mar 2014
N. Royle (Leeds, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New Constellation (Audio CD)
The best of the old Toad the Wet Sprocket - all over again! These guys rock! More to follow I hope - don't leave it so long next time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Philosophical existentialist topics with good musical skills accompanied, 19 Jan 2014
This review is from: New Constellation (Audio CD)
Even thou there are some great songwriters out there ,it`s been a while since I came upon an album with musical excellence and lyrics that might as well be a form of poetry. i.e. section from `Rare bird`:

"Your mind is like a rare bird
Flying high above the cold world
Slow dancing in the thermals
Singing songs no one's ever heard
So why'd I want to cage you
Clip wings and try to tame you
You were meant to be free"

I also enjoyed the smooth confident drumming. The lyrics and music seems to melt together naturally. It would be amazing to see this band in the UK.

The band takes on (bravely) new age existentialst topics(living in the moment) i.e. section from `The Moment`:

`For every path you follow there's another left behind
Every door you don't kick open there's a million more to try
And for everything you've taught me here's the one I've learned the best
There is nothing but the moment
Don't you waste it on regret
The moment is happening now`

Enjoy and make part of your life philosophy......

5.0 out of 5 stars The boys are back!, 25 Nov 2013
This review is from: New Constellation (Audio CD)
After such a long hiatus it is great to hear all four of the guys back playing the kind of music I love. Not only that but New Constellation is one of their best albums to date. I only started listening around the time of Dulcinea so I am a relative newcomer but this is a more consistent offering than even that amazing album. Well done Toad. Maybe try touring in the UK next year. It would be good to see you over here.

New Constellation
New Constellation by Toad The Wet Sprocket (Audio CD - 2013)