5.0 out of 5 stars Great yoghurt!
Published 11 months ago by WILMA BRAND

1.0 out of 5 stars Overheats.
The one I got overheated and ruined the batch. The jars were too hot to touch at the end of the cycle.
Published 11 months ago by voy

5.0 out of 5 stars Great yoghurt!, 12 Jan 2014
This review is from: VonShef Digital Yoghurt Maker with 7 Yoghurt Jars White - Automatic Home-Made 100% Natural Yoghurt
I am a complete novice to yoghurt making, but with this equipment it is as simple as can be. Just wash the glass jars and lids(dishwasher-proof), scald them with boiling hot water. After cooling enough to handle tip hot water out, allow to dry naturally( no dish cloths for hygiene), put U.H.T. FULL UNSKIMMED MILK in jar, add a large plastic spoon(no metal to be used) or two of a shop bought plain yogurt, pop into SHEF and 7-10 hours later, delicious yoghurt.Pop jars into fridge to stop fermentation which also then firms the yoghurt Easy as falling off a log.Add powdered milk, leave longer, and you have GREEK -STYLE yoghurt. Add honey or flavouring before putting into fridge. Best money l have spent! I even see a difference in my health already by eating wholly live fresh yoghurt instead of mainly dead supermarket expensive products. Cost per jar is a fraction of supermarket and far healthier, especially for children, and you can recoup your initial costs by the end of a month. A win, win situatation plus better health. Every home should have one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Healthy Yoghurt maker for Probiotic yoghurt - WAY Better than shop bought, 26 July 2014
I was advised by Nutritionist to make my own yoghurt as it was such a good fermented probiotic and far better than the shop bought ones. There are billions more good bacteria when you do it yourself even if using Yeo Organic Greek yoghurt with the bio cultures in. I use full fat organic milk too. it worked well first time - I boiled 1 litre of milk to near 93 degrees C. Then let it cool to around 45 degrees. I put 100 ml approx of Greek Yoghurt in a jug, stirred in a tablespoon of the cooled milk to loosen it up a bit before adding the rest of the milk. Then its easy to pour into the jars. It needs to be fermented for at least 24 hours to ensure the lactose enzyme is not lurking (for me). 24 - 48 hours is recommended in Dr Natasha Campbell-Mcbride's Book about GAPS diet. The yoghurt is fabulous I am so pleased with the result. Not only does it taste great but it is now saving me a fortune as I do not have to keep buying Bio Kult Probiotics!! You need to be around to reset the timer again when it stops at 15 hours! I did it for 24 hours in total and it was very thick and creamy - not tart at all, I was surprised how lovely it was.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 24 Oct 2013
After watching a programme showing just what went into the yogurts bought in the supermarkets (yuk!) I decided to make my own. This machine is great - not expensive, the results have been good and the yogurt is easy to prepare.
I am still experimenting as at the moment to get the correct consistency as whilst the yogurts (I have just been making plain and adding flavour after) are lovely they are a little runny for me. I am going to try adding a little milk powder which is supposed to thicken them up a little.
I am certain that I will soon cover the cost of the machine (it costs about £1 to make 7 jars) and at least I KNOW what is going into my yogurt!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Bingo - pure yoghurt, 19 Mar 2014
I had made yoghurt for years in the past when children were small but that was without a machine and required warming the milk etc In chilly Scotland that is not so successful. I bought this product (which have to say was not injured but arrived with the box in a very bad state from the delivery man and I photographed the exterior of the box for my records). I made yoghurt yesterday using Tesco UHT Semi-skimmed milk and two dessertspoons of Onken plain set full milk yoghurt; I took the trouble to stir the solid yoghurt into a paste and stirred in the litre of milk very carefully then poured into the pots. Seven are sent but that quantity filled six to the brim. I put it on for eight hours and it was solid and shiny on the top and then I chilled it. I am so pleased with the result and have now ordered some extra yoghurt glass jars from another maker as there doesn't seem to be a spares option with this brand. I recommend it if your household enjoys good pure yoghurt. I grew up in India where every household makes its own dahi or curd and in the old days in a terracotta container and I find yoghurt so nice for breakfast and as an ingredient for curries or quick healthy puddings with fresh fruit puree, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommend this product, 25 Jan 2014
Excellent result first attempt, instructions included are clear and precise. I used UHT full milk, Longley Farm yoghurt, and powdered milk, result - lovely mild tasting, set yoghurt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great yogurt maker, 12 Jan 2014
Easy to use and keep clean. Makes lovely yogurt. Cheaper than buying yogurt. every week. Would recommend it to any yogurt lovers.

1.0 out of 5 stars Overheats., 13 Jan 2014
voy (Greenwich) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Shef Digital Yoghurt Maker - What an excellent little machine!, 3 Mar 2014
My first batch was a success and every batch thereafter has been. I've used UHT and fresh milk, semi skimmed and whole, just adjust the times. 8 hours for whole milk, 9 hours for semi skimmed. I think it's fantastic, lovely thick set creamy yogurt without all the sugar and other additives. I can't make it fast enough and have ordered more jars to keep my production going.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working after 3 yoghurt makes., 5 Jun 2014
Worked fine for three makes. Nice yoghurt. Then nothing. Timer set, pressed start but did not heat. Tried on many occasions, turned off, tried again etc.
Disappointed after all the good reviews. Didnt retain original packaging for 12 month guarantee.
Will try another maker now.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not reliable, I don't recommend this product, 3 Oct 2014
I bought this yogurt maker for regular use and it broke after 3 uses. I was quickly sent a replacement and now this second yogurt maker has broken after just a couple of months regular once a week use. It is clearly not very robust or fit for purpose. If you want a reliable yogurt maker, don't bother with this one!