5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Sound
When it comes to listening to music, headphones are not to be scrimped on... which is why I would recommend these to anyone wanting an amazing sound from their iPod / music player

Published 18 months ago by K. Young

Published 9 months ago by Dr Lex

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Sound, 19 Dec. 2013
K. Young "craftyness" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: RHA MA600 Noise Isolating In-Ear Headphone - 3 year warranty (Electronics)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

I was blown away with the quality sound of these headphones. The noise isolating is outstanding, and is a blessing in disguise when commuting. No longer are you the annoying commuter who shares their tunes with everyone else, but more importantly you cancel everyone elses noise out..... Pure heaven!

Another reason for purchasing these are for the genius idea for the cord structured cable. Impossible to break. No more kinking of cord or breakage within the wire.

Lastly, you get a great sturdy case with an array of different sized silicone plugs to fit your ear perfectly, we're not just talking about 2 sizes either!

The bass and acoustic sound is by far the ultimate selling point to this product. 10/10

A must for anyone who loves listening to their music in piece and enjoys quality sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding value for money, 5 Nov. 2013
After recently misplacing my old every-day headphones, I decided to upgrade and spend a little more money on something I'd be inclined to keep a little more safe. Having been impressed with RHA's cheaper set of headphones in the past (the MA350s) I thought I'd try out their more expensive MA600s. Now £50 isn't that much for a pair of good quality headphones, but having received the product and witnessed the whole package, these headphones FEEL a lot more expensive than their price tag.

Everything about these headphones is fantastic. From the moment you open the fancy-pants packaging and see the information and diagrams, the array of ear buds and the actual headphones on display, you just know that a lot of thought and care has gone into this product. They have a full balanced sound, with a healthy kick in the bass. Now considering they're only £50 the sound could easily rival more expensive options from other companies, and compared with other headphones from the same mid-range price bracket, the MA600s are head and shoulders above the competition. Also as I said before, they come with a tray of 8 different sized ear buds so finding the perfect fit would not be a problem.

So basically if you're wanting a high quality pair of headphones but don't want to dip into the expensive high-end market, these headphones are perfect. They represent true value for money without skimping out on sound or quality of build.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive Sounding and Comfortable In-Ear Headphones, 9 Nov. 2013
Dr. Bojan Tunguz (Indiana, USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
In recent years, especially with the proliferation of the mp3 players and now smartphones, the quality of the in-ear headphones has dramatically improved, while the price has been steadily going down. This has enabled many new manufacturers to enter the market, and while this has been a great blessing for the consumers, it makes it harder and harder to distinguish the genuinely good products from the inferior ones. This is my third pair of RHA headphones, and these are meant to be an improved version of the RHA MA-350 and RHA MA-450i that I've used and tested before. With this latest pair of headphones RHA can truly claim parity - if not downright superiority - with some of the biggest names in the world of quality headphones. Here are a few of my observations.

***** Sound Quality *****

For any true audiophile, as well as for the most people who care about the quality of sound that they listen to, this is the single most important characteristic that they look for in the headphones. And overall I have been very impressed with the sound quality of these small headphones. They deliver a rich, well-articulated sound, and they are a joy to listen to. Most noticeable improvement over the previous RHA headphones that I had tested is that sound doesn't feel any more "rounded" and smoothed-over. The headphones delivered fairly rich bass, as well pretty crisp high notes. I enjoy listening to all kinds of music genre - classical, pop, techno. For each one of these categories the headphones performed quite well. This is as close as it's possible to get to the true audiophile bliss with the stand-alone in-ear headphones.

***** Noise Cancellation *****

Like most other passive noise-cancelling headphones, these use the design and the physical features of the headphones themselves in order to block the outside noise. Having said that, my impression is that MA-600 is at least as good as the best in-ear passive noise canceling headphones that I've tried out. I was able to listen to my music while blocking all of the surrounding household noise. Even having the headphones themselves in my ears served as a great noise-cancelling device. So if you are trying to work or study in an otherwise noisy environment, and don't have any earplugs handy, you may want to consider using these headphones just by themselves.

***** Build *****

The headphones are pretty well built. The in-ear buds are fairly small and feel and look like very solid. The headphones cord is built out of dual-insulated oxygen-free copper cable with at least two layers of insulation. The cord feels lightweight and durable. The body of the headphones is built out of solid aluminum, which helps with both the sound quality and durability. Overall the headphones feel very strong and durable.

***** Fit and Comfort *****

These are very small headphones, but they fit in my ears fairly securely and comfortably. This is another one of the selling points for these headphones as far as I am concerned. The headphones come with eight dual density silicone ear tips, and it's almost certain that at least one of them will fit any ear or a listening habit. The headphone cord can either be left to "dangle" downward from the ears, or it can be wrapped around the ears for added stability. (For the times when you listen to the music while exercising for instance.)

***** Functionality *****

RHA M600 don't have any of the special functionality that distinguish some of the other headphones out there. If you want the ability to control your audio device directly from the headphones, then you should check out RHA MA600i instead.

***** Accessories and Other Observations *****

The headphones come with a really nice and durable carrying case, which can house the assortment of the ear tips as well. The attention to the detail that went into the construction of these headphones is also evident from the luxurious and quite modern-looking packaging. The headphones come with a three year warranty, one of the longest for any product that I've seen.

***** The Bottom Line *****

You will probably not find many, if any, better sounding in-ear noise-cancelling headphones. They are also compact and comfortable, and they seem fairly durable. If you an audiophile looking for a solid pair of in-ear headphones, then you won't go wrong with these.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great sound but terrible design for sports... and then BROKE three months later!, 14 Sept. 2014
Below is the review I wrote soon after purchase... and then the left earphone stopped working properly, out of the blue, with no visible damage and certainly no extreme use, going on-off as if the cable wasn't connecting properly. Because Amazon are so amazing they responded immediately with offer of refund or replacement, which makes my life a little easier. But it is still a crying shame for these headphones, which I really wanted to like.

EARLIER REVIEW:
The sound is excellent for this price range, if you can find the right tips. The tips issue is major for all earphones, and I admit none of the provided tips is adequate for me - I only use Comply memory foam, which are expensive and don't last long, but are the only ones to fit my ears properly.

Back to these earphones... the design is generally good and the materials are solid, but everything is really heavy, including the earphones themselves, the control bar and the cable, making it really cumbersome using when running or at the gym. This also increases the thudding sound all noise-isolating earphones have to an extent - but here it is monumental. All of this is exacerbated by the ridiculously long cable - why would anyone need such length? (an issue, admittedly, with many recent earphones). And one more thing, unfortunately: considerable noise impediment when used with smaller mp3 devices, such as an iPod mini (which is the biggest thing I would consider carrying when running).

In short, use these when sitting down and you'll love them - but buy something else if you need them for exercise.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, backed up by amazing customer service, 5 Nov. 2014
Full disclosure - I'm on my third set of these since February 2014. So why the four-star review?

Simply, these are really, really good. Relatively inexpensive, comfy and (especially on my current set) they sound absolutely phenomenal. They're easily better than Beats, Monster, Bose and Sennheiser sets I've used. The bass is rich, trebles are nuanced and mid-range is very clear. A lovely, well-balanced sound.

They lost a star (and only one) because my first two sets developed a fault where the right earpiece stopped working. This is a really common problem with in-ear phones. Not actually a good thing and I'm not making excuses, but where the RHAs redeem themselves is the 3-year warranty.

This is bold stuff and a big commitment for earphone manufacturers. Both times I've had a problem, RHA's customer service team have been very quick in replying and have swiftly sent a brand new, boxed-up set to me almost immediately, with no questions asked, including pre-paid return envelope for the broken set.

So overall I do strongly recommend these. The sound is as good, if not better, than much more expensive branded units. But the ace-in-the-hole is the peace of mind offered by the warranty. This type of headphone will ALWAYS break, so the exceptional after-sales care really should be a factor in your considerations.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good sound and comfortable fit, 30 Nov. 2013
Asphodelia (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I go through several headphones sets every year because I use them day in, day out on my way to work and indeed, whenever I leave the house, to isolate outside noise. I had never heard of this brand before but it turns out that it's a British brand, which is always a bit of a surprise as everything seems to be made in China or Korea these days.

I'm very happy to report that the quality of these headphones is really good - the sound is extremely clear, with a wide volume spectrum (I've noticed that some headphones just won't go very loud). The aluminium casing around the earbuds makes them very light - and the fit is so comfortable that you soon forget that they're in your ears. The sound is a little bass heavy, which seems to be the general preference these days, although I'm not so keen on it myself. However, it proves to be a good thing when listening to classical music, as lower pitch instruments such as the cello really stand out.

Just like with pretty much all types of headphones, the cable is, once again, too long for my liking. I'm not very tall and I don't need such a long cable which inevitably gets caught on the buttons of my coat or on anything I'm carrying. I really wish manufacturers provided a smaller cable with an extension to attach to it, giving customers a choice.
Finally, the headphones aren't marked L or R - I have noticed that this is a new trend and I would like to know if the L and R was only a cosmetic touch and made no difference whatsoever to the type of `experience'. Perhaps one of Amazon's resident audiophile users will enlighten me?

2.0 out of 5 stars Serious connection issues.., 25 July 2014
Soon to be on my second replacement pair:( They work brilliantly for the first 3 months and then the connectors start to go and sound only comes out of one earbud. This has happened with both pairs I've had. My cheap sony earphones lasted 4 years (rather than 4 months) and were a quarter of the price.

I imagine these are great for people who don't use them on the go (though I imagine that's fairly few), but the build quality of the fundamental components leaves a lot to be desired if you need them for frequent use.

4.0 out of 5 stars An "Energy Pill" that will add some "spice" to your music, 16 Dec. 2014
the following review can also be found here: http://www.head-fi.org/products/rha-ma600i-noise-isolating-in-ear-headphone/reviews/12060
a video review version will also be available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN3u_iNFQIU

The RHA MA600i is a fantastic addition to everyone’s earphone collection, because they just spice up your listening experience. In addition, it’s also equipped with a comfortable housing, and last but not least it boasts a 3 year warranty (almost unheard of in the earphone world, especially one in this price range).

So without further ado, let’s get on with the review!

Accessories: This earphone comes a lot of goodies:
with a zippered hard shell carrying case with pouch inside to hold and protect the earphones as well as the eartips
8 pairs of eartips with different sizes and shapes to fit almost anyone and everyone (mostly hybrid designs (with a harder, stiffer inner core) with a softer silicone on the outside on the outside) which makes them sound bassier
The eartips are neatly displayed on a metal plate. (which makes for a very nice presentation)
Overall: 8/10 I think the accessories are nicely made and thought out and presented. Great job!

Features: The IOS remote has great tactile feedback with the centre button being depressed in level, with enough room for your fingers. The microphonic call quality is good and the placement of the remote allows me to speak freely without shouting or holding the remote next to mouth.
Overall: 8.5/10 ( I wish the volume buttons (+/-) were raised just to make it even more obvious and easier to feel with gloves on in the winter.)

Design: I think it has a small, subtle and unique housing. It’s reminiscent of a funnel or a large megaphone. It’s different, low key, and but very practical and ergonomic. (See the following sections).
Overall: 7.5/10 (not the most eye catching, but the aluminum finish is quite nice)

Build Quality:
The earpieces (and nozzle) of these earphones are made of lightweight aircraft grade aluminum, so it definitely feels more reassuring than the traditional plastic, you won’t have to worry about these breaking any time soon. The cable is supple and appears well built and can survive good hard tugs as well, boding well for its longevity. The remote is made of a combination of rubberized plastic (for the buttons) and aluminum. The cable ends in a fairly low profile L shaped jack, with enough clearance to get through thick smartphone cases. Also, lets not forget about the 3 year warranty as well, a huge bonus making them a great option for those hard on their equipment.
Overall: 9/10 (the 3 year warranty really puts them over the top)

Comfort: This very comfortable with the small housing, with a narrow nozzle, gradually widening out, with nicely rounded off edges. When worn using the “around my ear” fit, I was able to comfortably sleep on my side with these earphones because they sat comfortably in my ears with a close to negative profile fit.
Overall: 8.5/10

Isolation:
They isolate fairly well, I would say above average. Easy for daily usage, enough to get you through your subway commute with little distraction. However, use caution when using these especially in busy areas.
Overall: 8/10

Cable noise: Its mild when worn cable down, and non existent when worn cable up
Overall: 7/10

Other notes: These have moderate driver flex, I don’t suspect it would be a real issue because it is a vented design, but something to note.

Sound: I will say during my time with these earphones, I have to say they are just a lot of fun! In terms of sound signature, it’s the perfect example of a “v shaped” sound signature, (meaning that the bass and the treble here is particularly emphasized). It gives an extra jolt of adrenaline for more modern, pop, electronic based music.
Bass: The bass is here is chesty, emphasized and reaches very deep. It has a lot of weight in the bass; I would say its basshead level in quantity. It’s a very warm, very engaging. The control is good considering the amount of bass these guys put out, avoiding them from sounding swampy or an overly thick. However, for more quieter passages or genres, the bass come through more than it should.

Midrange- there is a scoop in the midrange; the midrange is definitely recessed with a bit a veiling. So this doesn’t make the MA600i the most natural sounding earphone out there but it does a good job. I feel male vocals, takes a step back compared to female vocals. Female vocals here are more emphasized, they just “pop” and stands out, is a great plus for me since I love my female vocals. As a whole, it performs fairly well throughout the midrange for V shaped sound signature.

Treble: The lower treble in particular is more emphasized; making instruments such as cymbals, tambourines, and triangles, have more energy and liveliness. However, this earphone is not for those treble sensitive, but for those they are/become acclimated; they are rewarded with a treble that is crisp and exciting to listen to.
If I had to make an analogy for the sound of the MA600i, it would be the “rocker“ or the “life of the party”. It’s the edgy, loud, and exciting. Essentially it’s the friend that’s just full of energy and a lot fun to be around, someone whose’ energy is contagious. However, in respects to the treble, similar to a long night of partying, you do eventually get tired or fatigued and in need of a break.
Overall: 8.5/10 If I’m ever looking for a little extra energy in my music, I definitely find myself reaching for the RHA MA600i almost every time. The MA600i has definitely solidified a spot in my collection.

In conclusion, I think this earphone is perfect for the person on a budget, especially for students who are going to definitely be rough with their earphones and will be able to utilize the long warranty.
My only quibbles are the moderate driver flex, and I wish the mids was just a bit forward.
While not the most natural sounding, you’re getting a great value. It combines a fun sound with convenience for your IOS device (3 Button IOS remote for the i-version) a fantastic warranty and great comfort even while sleeping. The MA 600idefinitely gets my ballot if someone is looking for a fun sounding earphone while on a budget.
Overall: 65.5/80= 81.8%

5.0 out of 5 stars Sound great - eventually., 25 April 2014
These are my first set of 'quality' in-ear earphones so I must admit that I have nothing to objectively compare them to other than 'stock' earphones that come with devices these days. Having said that I do appreciate quality sound and I am very happy with the sound quality of these. I wish I'd purchased some earlier. The sound is clear and crisp with just the right balance of bass and treble that they sound good with everything I've listened to so far (From Metallica to Mozart). I know I am using quality equipment when I notice something I have never heard before in a favourite piece of music I have been listening to for more than twenty years. These have put "that" smile on my face more than once already!

The build quality seems good although it will obviously take longer to be sure about that. The three year warranty is reassuring. They fit perfectly comfortable with the first set of tips that were already installed so I haven't even tried the others yet. I do wish the instructions (which are quite comprehensive for such a simple product) showed how to change the tips. I assume they detach by simply pulling, with the replacements just pushed into place, but I'm a little scared of damaging them when I try. The only thing I don't like about these is that the left and right channels as marked VERY discreetly - it took me a day or so to even find it and even then I had to look closely under a bright light at just the right angle. I'm not a fan of having a huge L and R in my ears for everybody to see, so I guess it's something I can actually appreciate but I have had to mark them more clearly myself.

On the downside, I was very disappointed with the delivery time on these. There were not dispatched until six days after I ordered them. Perhaps I'm just spoilt in this day and age, but this is the first item I have ordered ANYTHING in the last year or so that wasn't dispatched within a few hours of order - even when I order at weekend or in the middle of the night! So, I ended up having to buy some temporary cheaper earphones for a trip I was going on. Quite disappointing but worth the wait in the end. RHA seem like a VERY professional company from what I've seen so far and I would be 100% happy if it weren't for that one bad "first impression". I tend to be a very loyal customer but so far I'd rate my chances of buying my next earphones from RHA as about 50/50 for that reason alone.

They still get five stars for sounding so good though!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sound, 12 Sept. 2014
I bought these to be given at Christmas after reading the reviews on external sites. I was looking at Sennheiser or ajay's to begin with and came across someone mentioning not as good as the RHA 600.

And I am glad I did - I'm no audiophile, but I appreciate good quality sound, these are awesome. The bass whilst not as heavy as previous headphones is deep (and I do like bass) and works well with the mid and the treble - I also downloaded various graphic equalisers to give it extra oomph. The sound is excellently balanced and I will be definitley sticking with RHAs in the future.

Compared to other earbuds I have these are slightly on the quieter side, but as mentioned above the sound quality more than makes up for this.

The only issue I have must be my ears, as I tried all the earbuds except the double flanges earbuds and could not make them stay in. Then i found the comply TX 200 earbuds, no they aren't cheap, but now I have the most amazing audio sound and they do not fall out, and I can drown out most background noise whilst commuting to work - luxury

Well worth the money considereing they come with a 3 year guarantee - which was the clincher.

Also, I forgot to mention is the comfort of these earphones with the above mentioned foam buds, I can have them in while working away and would not know they are there after several hours if it wasn't for the music coming through them