4.0 out of 5 stars Serious Value for Money
Published 6 months ago by B. Wise

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointing
First the good points about these earphones

Excellent sound quality the best i have ever known cannot be faulted

Now the negative points

why or why have they engineered the earphones like this i just cant get them to fit in my ear for any period without falling out. Everyone is unique and everyones ears are different there may well be some...
Published 6 months ago by Mallory

4.0 out of 5 stars Serious Value for Money, 16 Feb 2014
B. Wise "Geldhorn" (Surrey) - See all my reviews
I have had these 'phones for just over a month now and have to say that I am very, VERY happy with them. First impressions are that the build quality is 'out of this world' good for a headphone at this price... in fact, it's damn good for a headphone at three times this price. Everything from the remote / mic to the headphone jack and the IEMs themselves are in exquisitely machined aluminium. They are light and comfortable with a huge selection of different ear-buds to get that perfect fit (although mine were just right as they came out of the box).

Secondly, sound quality. These really are exceptional headphones considering the sub 100 price. I've owned several pairs of headphones over the years. I still prefer my B&W P5s for quality and acoustic presence but they are too large for activities like running or when you just want something you can slip in your pocket. My Shure SE530s have a better frequency response and more low-end power but are not as neutral as the RHAs (and not as good build quality - they are now out of action due to brittle / cracked insulation on the 'phone cables (Shure have quoted me over 100 to repair!!!) - disappointing for a headphone that cost 3 times as much as these RHAs)!! The RHAs are very neutral without exaggerated low or high frequency response (more like my Etymotics). They are also very fast / dynamic and present a broad, expansive sound stage. Sound isolation in noisy environments is also very good provided you get the right ear-buds and a tight seal.

At this price, I cannot recommend these headphones enough. You will be very hard pushed to find anything else as good as these for less than 100. So, why the 4 stars? A long standing feud with headphone manufacturers, I'm afraid... NOT EVERYBODY IN THIS WORLD USES AN iPHONE!!! Sadly, most manufacturers - including these, and my B&W P5s make remotes that are only compatible with Apple devices. Thankfully the middle button still works for answering / ending calls but the volume controls will ONLY work with iPhone, iPod etc. Come on guys. How about thinking about the rest of us!!!?

4.0 out of 5 stars Good noise-isolating and an excellent reproduction of sound (although lacking some thickness in bass), 24 Oct 2013
Chris Hall "DLS Reviews" (Cardiff, Wales) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: RHA MA750 Noise Isolating In-Ear Headphone - 3 year warranty (Electronics)
Length:: 2:06 Mins

The RHA MA750 Noise Isolating Earphones are a set of middle-of-the-range earphones from this relatively new British company who (at the time of writing) specialise purely in audio ear/headphones.

The first thing that you notice about RHA is that the company really want to reflect high quality with their products. Simply by looking at the packaging and the company's relatively minimalist website - you quite quickly garner that RHA want to give the impression that their products are high-end. And yes the presentation of the earphones makes you think that you've got something of particularly good quality here. Even down to the way the various silicone ear tips are presented on a small metal holder, along with the faux-leather carry case - it all screams 'quality'.

And thankfully, the earphones do deliver the goods (somewhat). After choosing the silicone ear tips that fit best (the double-tipped ones are pretty much the only ones which actually stay in for me), the earphones slip over your ear with ease - resting nicely over the top of your ear whilst feeling comfortable and relatively secure. Okay, so they're not the most snug and anchored earphones I've ever tried (and I've probably tried out more than my fair share over the years!), but for simple commuting or the like, the earphones are certainly secure enough in your ear to prevent them from falling out.

Sound quality wise these little beauties perform much better than my expectations. I'm no audiophile, but I do appreciate good sound reproduction. My day-to-day commuting earphones are the Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones which provide truly excellent noise-cancelling with a truly superb sound reproduction. The RHA's aren't in the same league - with them isolating the sound rather than actively cancelling it out. However, the quality of the sound reproduction generally isn't all that far off that of the BOSE.

The reproduction is clear and crisp, with a warm and natural acoustic sound. The bass end allows for an impressive depth without the falseness of boosting the bass to keep the Hip Hop kids happy. There's clear definition to the sound, with the various layers in the music not amalgamating together in a distorted mess that can happen with slightly cheaper earphones.

Listening to Technical Death Metal or Progressive Metal - you can clearly hear the different layers and walls of guitars on top of a bombardment of double-bass drumming or over-layering of synthesised atmospherics. For those who like to explore the strange wastelands of Experimental Black Metal - such as with 'Gnaw Their Tongues' - the real complexity of the audio presentation is brought out particularly well with the earphones. Indeed, you can hear those subtle background elements that make the music so all-encompassing.

However, with the more guttural (Devourment), dirty (Dragged Into Sunlight) or down-tuned (Bolt Thrower) bands, the earphones fail to capture the true lasting thickness of the deep bass sound. The guitars aren't necessarily tinny or lacking the full extent of their range - however the thickness of the bass is nevertheless missing...which is a shame and the only real down point with the earphones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound and brilliant value for money, 21 Sep 2013
John Boy (Bristol United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm a bit wary of reviewing and other people's reviews of audio equipment as I suspect that most of us are pretty subjective when it comes to music. However, I've no doubt that people will really like these in-ear headphones given the quality of sound and the price. RHA have advised me that although the earphones aren't specifically for sports use, they don't foresee a problem with some sweat. I have subjected them to a couple of medium 'sweatfest' tests at the gym and found that the foam earpieces were the best at staying in place, whereas the silicone earpieces had moved out of place at 30 minutes or so which meant that I heard plenty of detail but bass was slightly reduced. When I'm back on form after surgery I'll try them with a 60 minute blast on a Spin bike - sweat dripping off my elbows and hands - in the interests of a comprehensive review, but hoping that they don't fail as they are so good for normal use.

My testing used a computer (flat tone controls) and a third generation Nano with a Fiio E5 (slight bass lift) and L3 cable as the sources. References were Logitech Ultimate Ears UE700 in-ear headphones and Sennheiser Momentum closed back headphones. Music was mp3 at 230 or 329 kbps and .aiff, including Lady Gaga, Samantha James (acoustic and electronica), Katherine Jenkins, Fourplay, Jango, Deva Premal, Paul Carrack, Deadmaus & Kaskade, Status Quo, Tibetan singing bowls and, Diana Krall. The headphones were played-in beforehand for about five hours with ZZ Top and Lady Gaga.

Packaging
The box is solidly constructed with the front lid held closed by concealed magnets : nice touch. A response graph printed inside the lid shows a flat response from around 50Hz to 7kHz, a 30dB dip from around 10kHz until it rises to 22kHz.

In the box
Inside are the headphones and stainless steel holder with 10 pairs of ear tips : two pairs each of small, medium and large silicone, one pair each of small and medium double flange silicone, and two pairs of medium memory foam tips. In the base are a neat zipped carrying case, a clip for securing the cable to your clothes and a multi-language instruction booklet that reminds you that the headphones have a three year warranty. The clip is necessary for cardio in the gym as the weight of the cable and metal Y connector cause the cable to swing around when running, walking briskly, or using an elliptical / cross trainer. The clip is small and I managed to lose it first time in the gym, so I now have a plastic bulldog clip.

Construction
The ear pieces are constructed of stainless steel connected by quite thick but flexible cable. Cables are routed over the ear and are joined to the main cable by a metal connector; the 3.5mm jack plug also has a metal body. The M750 reviewed here doesn't have the remote controls and microphone of MA750i, but the 16 ohm impedance of both models indicates the intended sources are mp3 players and phones. One minor niggle is that like most in-ear headphones the R (right)and L (left) letters on the earpieces are too small to read; I'll have to colour code them.

Sound
Good separation of vocals and instruments. Vocals were slightly soft but natural and bass was nicely balanced. They made the Logitech Ultimate Ears UE700 sound trashy and harsh by comparison and, gave the Momentum headphones a run for their money. The computer delivered better detail than the Nano and Fiio. The .aiff tracks sound great even through the Nano and FiiO.

Comfort
These are the most comfortable in-ear headphones that I've worn.

Summary
Brilliant value for money, really nice sound; great at home, in the gym or whilst awaiting surgery(!).

UPDATE April 2014
The earphones have survived numerous sweaty gym sessions and work as well as ever. I'm still delighted with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars no need to spend more!, 31 Mar 2014
Having used RHA 450s for the last year and being very impressed with the quality I decided to upgrade to these beauties.
They are simply stunning and I haven't even bedded them in yet!
Take no notice of those boring Audiophiles that think that you can't buy quality headphones without re mortgaging the house, its rubbish, these bad boys are serious kit and well worth the money!

I will update this post when I have bedded them in and given them a good testing!

Update:

Well, after only a few days listening these wonderfull little headphones are starting to mellow out and are sounding a little warmer (Don't believe the hype from the Audio bores about taking months to burn in, thats for the headsets that they bought with their re mortgage!) and they are just a pleasure to listen too..My old 450s, although cracking sound for the money, became a little too much after a couple of hours of listening at higher volumes!
Oh, one thing that I have not found with these beauties is that I have not had any noise from the cables rubbing on my clothes...AT ALL, brilliant!
One more thing, if You have never had over the ear phones before, dont worry, they are so easy to fit, just hang the loops over the top of your lobes and press the phones into your ear canal...Easy, and becomes second nature after a while,very comfortable too, I found that the earpieces already fitted are just fine and fit very snuggly!

UPDATE 2:

Well after a good few hours giving these babies a demanding workout they are really sounding fantastic and after trying them out on the train I can now honestly say that they are genuinely noise canceling and after asking a young lady next to me if she could hear my music, I can now tell you that they do not leak sound at all!

PS: Sorry if I dont go on about soundstage, treble, bass, frequencies and such but everybody is different and what suits one person will not suit another, and I only speak in layman's English anyway!!

UPDATE3:

Well, now after burning these properly the sound as mellowed out really well and the sound they send out is simply stunning and I now fully recommend them over the "Famous" brands costing twice, even three times as much, yes, they really are that good...Go on treat yourself, you won't be disappointed, honest!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones, great brand, buy with complete confidence!, 19 July 2014
I work in the music business and am never without a pair of in-ear's and usually a couple of back up pairs, so I tend to get through headphones at a ridiculous rate. Over the years this has afforded me the opportunity to test a lot of brands and models, I used to expect headphones to disintergrate within 6 months, if I used a pair for 7 months without sound going in one ear then I thought I was doing well. When I finally discovered RHA it was a game changer, their mid-level headphones the MA350's are hand's down, the best you can buy at that 30 price point. I still have the same pair I bought 3 years ago and they are still going strong, the design is fantastic, once I dropped them on a plane and only discovered them once half of the craft's disembarking passengers had trodden on them on their way out. I subsequently own all the successive models, so when the RHA MA750i came out, I had to buy a pair as in my experience high-end earphones tend to break almost as frequently as mid price ones. To be fair, I would class 90 as the top of the mid-range but these certainly can be compared with headphones I've paid 150 for. In terms of design and use of materials these really are the business, actually the weight of the robust metal ear pieces does takes some getting used to, indeed all the parts are weightier and chunkier than anything I've used before. As other reviewers point out, these headphones take quite some time to run in but once they do, they provide a good balanced natural sound, which is perfect for me as the last thing I need in my business, are headphones sexing up tracks unnecessarily (Beats et.al)

Unfortunately after 6 months my pair have developed a fault, where the seemingly sturdy cable has worn through at one of the joins, they actually still work but the mic is barely audible in phone conversations. Here's the thing though, I sent a photo of the fault direct to RHA's customer service, they reassured me this is most unusual and hey presto a brand new pair arrives two days later; whilst my pair head back to RHA for a post mortem, in a Freepost envelope. Fantastic customer service!

I felt compelled to write this, as there are a number of reviews defaming RHA's customer care, its just not true. I for one, think it's amazing that a small British company is innovating such great products and service. This needs to be applauded and supported not denigrated by the mindless keystrokes of ingrates and idiots.

Well done RHA, keep it up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Oozes quality - with sound to match, 21 Sep 2013
Kevin O'Keefe (Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have quite a few pairs of earbuds: Creative, Sennheisers, Shure, Bose (to name a few) plus a pair of RHA MA350s which I've also reviewed . In short these are - pound for pound - the best earbuds I've ever tried.

To begin with, as usual, the high build quality and components are very evident. The drivers are made from milled aluminium which compliments the 3.5 ml jack and the Y-connector (where the left and right ear cables join). They seem extremely robust and have an appealing 'industrial' look and feel to them. The cabling itself again feels sturdy and hard-wearing; it is noticeably thicker than most I've tried, has a generous length and features a sliding clasp just above the Y-connector to adjust the 'spread' of the cable (there's even a clip supplied in the box to attach to the cable to say, a shirt). Usually you only get a choice of three sizes of rubberised cups to slip over the speaker tips: RHA provide no less than nine (so there really is no excuse for not being able to find the correct size for you - a common complaint with earbud-style earphones). They also come in a variety of material finishes too and they can all be stored securely on the supplied stainless steel RHA-monogrammed holder that fits in the leatherette carrying case (the attention to detail is striking).

So; looks good, feels good and evidently well thought-out in terms of practicality but what of the sound? In a nutshell they sound superb. Perhaps unfairly I did several direct comprison tests against their 350 earbud model (which are less than half the RRP of these but are nonetheless very capable earphones for the price). I was hoping for a marginal improvement in audio quality but nothing prepared me for how significantly different they were: wonderfully detailed throughout the range, smooth bass, clear but not thrashy trebles and a soundstage so wide it made the other 'phones sound 'compressed' in comparison(and I was quite happy with them until then!). Truly, I would say that they sound far superior than anything I have tried at this price point (but don't just take my word for it: order a pair and try them - RHA customer service is outstanding and was one of the reasons I bought from the company in the past).

If I have one complaint it is that these are the 'over the ear' style earbud. True, they are comfortable in the ear, easy to get in (with 'pre-formed' curved cabling ensure they only go in the left or right ear as intended) and have almost zero sound leakage. However I've never been a fan: maybe it is because I have short hair but I find the cable intermittently touching the nape of my neck a distracting annoyance (but maybe I will get used to it). Still I am loath to subtract a star on that basis as in all other respects these are wonderful earphones wonderfully packaged. British designed, class-leading customer service and a no-quibble three year guarantee. These are - and I don't often say this - worth every penny.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality and value unrivalled., 15 Aug 2014
I first bought the MA350 earphones last year, I was very impressed with the sound they produced but I had a small problem with the braided fabric cable. After talking with the nice people at RHA I decided to buy these phones because the cable doesn't have the fabric issue (feedback when rubbing against clothing).

I always knew that the controls were designed for use with an iphone, but some Android users had reported partial use with their phones. It turns out that I can pause playback on my Nexus 4 using the inline control, that's all I really wanted so I'm happy.

The build quality is superb, I'd imagine that they will easily cope with my daily walks around the countryside without showing signs of stress. The cable clip for attaching to a shirt or jacket was far too lightweight for this robust cable, it broke within minutes of the first use. I ordered a heavy duty one which is designed for pilots, problem solved (the seller in this case gave me a partial refund to cover the cost of my new clip without any qualms at all).

I wasn't sure that the over-the-ear style would suit my strange ears but it works just fine. I don't get along with silicone tips so I bought t-200 tips from Comply, which are fantastic.

The sound quality? Amazing! I suspect you'd have to part with several hundred pounds to replicate this quality from any other earphones on the market. When you also consider the 3 years warranty, these earphones have to be the best value for money around.
Buy these, your ears will love you forever more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gym and Running, 18 July 2014
Sport and Running

I thought I would write a review specifically about using these for exercise as that is what I primarily use them for and it may be of use to others looking for a sports headphone.

Firstly I would point out I'm pretty sure these were not designed for sport but just as a high end in ear headphone.

I am no expert on what makes a pair head phones really good sound quality wise, but these sound better than any other headphones I've ever used and I will leave that at that.

Secondly the build quality of the headphones, the packaging and the accessories could not really be any better these appear really robust, thick cable, solid metal jack, earphones, connector and control. Metal credit card with 10 different pairs of buds. Even the packaging box has a fancy magnetic clasp on it.

Anyway for the gym.

They come in a nice compact wallet, fits in your pocket or gym bag stops your head phones getting damaged.
Nice thick cable does not get tangled up like the thin ones.
Easy and quick to put on, stiffer bit cable fits over your ears and with the right bud on earphone slide comfortably into your ear and stay there.
I use the small clothes clip to keep the control on my collar and run the cable under the front my t-shirt, the control is easy to use and works well with my iPhone, volume, start stop and skip.
The cable is quite long which is ok for me because I have my iphone on my waist and I run it under my shirt, but if yours is on your arm it may be too long and I think the cable will be too thick to wind round a cable bobbin.

Running

I have used these for about a month mixture of running for about 30 minutes duration and sprint training. I pretty much use them the same as for the gym but run the cable down the back of my t-shirt. They are comfortable and stay put.

The connector where the two earphone cables meet and the control button are metal and relatively heavy, I put the clip near the control and clip it to the collar of my t-shirt and this is fine, but without the clip they would swing about too much to run with.

The earphones are also heavy but with the right buds (for me small double flange) the stay in well I can honestly say they are as comfortable as any other headphones I have used and stay in better than any others.

Sound isolation is excellent but possibly a bit too good for ideal safety when crossing roads etc. No cable thud noises.

The possible negatives the cable is bit long to be ideal for exercise, the clip is essential for use due to the weight of the earphones connectors, the clip itself does not appear to be same robust quality as the rest of kit and is a tight fit to clip the cable into (I think it may be generic for there whole range which includes earphones with thinner cables).

Positives excellent sound quality, really really well made, comfortable and most importnt for me they stay put in your ear.

Compred to some Power Beats I had a go with the RHA's are better in every way (except I did really like the beats little case).

5 star overall, 4.5 for sport, in short if you are just getting these for running there are probally lighter and cheaper options that are more practical for you but as an all rounder than are still very good for sport, sound incredible and are just a thing of beauty these are the one.

5.0 out of 5 stars astonishing, 16 Oct 2013
D. Graham (Wakefield, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've owned a fair number of in-ear headphones over the years, from various different companies.

None of them come even close to the sound that these earbuds manage to create. The difference is astonishing - it's as if I'd been listening to music through a doorway, with a curtain pulled across. Suddenly the sound stage seems *so* much wider. Instruments and voices take on a new level of clarity, and I've found myself digging through my music collection looking for favourite tracks to give another listen. There's a new edge to the sound where previously things were lost. Bass notes in particular are picked up well, but across the range these perform brilliantly.

Yes, I received a pair via Amazon's Vine programme. But, should the worst happen and I lose these headphones? I'd buy another pair without a second's hesitation.

The build quality is superb too - the earbuds are made from stainless steel and feel lovely and solid in your hand, yet not heavy in your ears. The cord goes up and over your ear, which I've always preferred. This cuts out the cable noise you get when in-ear headphones trail the wire straight down. The curved wires on these have a reinforced plastic to keep the curve in place and protect the cable, which I really liked.

The whole thing just smacks of quality, from the industrial metal joins where the left/right cables meet, to the spring at the headphone jack end, again to protect the cable. The cable itself feels heavy-duty and robust too. These are no lightweights.

They come with a load of extra ear tips - single and double-flanged as well as memory foam ones loaded into a nice stainless steel holder and a carry case.

Backed up with a *three year* warranty. A seriously nice bit of audio kit. Worth every penny. Do your ears a favour and buy a pair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous headphones, gorgeous sound, 1 Oct 2013
Amazon Customer (Aberdeen, Scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have a confession to make: I buy a lot of headphones and I break a lot of headphones. I listen when I'm walking around, traveling, in the rain, and when I'm running. I've stripped cables, bent jacks in aeroplane seat sockets, smashed headsets on the ground, and dunked buds in the sink.

So there's something reassuring about the build quality of these MA750s. The buds themselves are cast in shiny steel. They're weightier than the average in-ear headphones, so the use of an over-ear cable design is welcome in improving their fit and support. The rubberised cables are also heavier than average, and somehow (almost) tangle free, aided by a sliding cable holder. The two cables from the separate earbuds merge in a steel connector and terminate in a heavy-duty jack. I noticed relatively little cable noise when I was walking around with these on.

I'm extremely impressed by the build quality in the MA750s and it really sets them apart from similarly priced headphones made of cheaper materials.

The MA750s come with a selection of 6 different styles and sizes of ear tips, with extras for several of them. These tips are organised in a fetching steel (you might have noticed a steel theme) cut out than can be slipped into a wee pleather carrying case. The medium tips that the 'phones come with attached actually suited me fine, but I also tried the memory foam and double-flanged tips, though I found them somewhat uncomfortable. Your experience may vary, of course, and that's why it's great that RHA have provided so many options.

I usually prefer to wear over-ear headphones like RHA's own SA950s because it's rare that I find in-ear models comfortable. These are, and I've often listened to music for hours without experiencing any discomfort.

The sound is powerful and surprisingly spacious for closed in-ears. The stereo separation is solid and the sound stage doesn't seem cramped. The bass response is strong without being overpowering. Mids and trebles are clean and lively. The MA750s don't provide a flat response - they've got an energetic character to them - and they make for great listening. I found them delicate and detailed enough for Bach's Chaconne, deep enough for DJ Food, and crunchy enough for Sleigh Bells.

Overall, great sounding, great looking headphones. They're towards the upper end of the price range for many people, and I feel that they match their premium price tag.