5.0 out of 5 stars Gym and Running
Sport and Running

I thought I would write a review specifically about using these for exercise as that is what I primarily use them for and it may be of use to others looking for a sports headphone.

Firstly I would point out I'm pretty sure these were not designed for sport but just as a high end in ear headphone.

I am no expert on what...
Published 9 months ago by james e browning

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointing
First the good points about these earphones

Excellent sound quality the best i have ever known cannot be faulted

Now the negative points

Published 14 months ago by Mallory

5.0 out of 5 stars Gym and Running, 18 July 2014
Sport and Running

I am no expert on what makes a pair head phones really good sound quality wise, but these sound better than any other headphones I've ever used and I will leave that at that.

Secondly the build quality of the headphones, the packaging and the accessories could not really be any better these appear really robust, thick cable, solid metal jack, earphones, connector and control. Metal credit card with 10 different pairs of buds. Even the packaging box has a fancy magnetic clasp on it.

Anyway for the gym.

They come in a nice compact wallet, fits in your pocket or gym bag stops your head phones getting damaged.
Nice thick cable does not get tangled up like the thin ones.
Easy and quick to put on, stiffer bit cable fits over your ears and with the right bud on earphone slide comfortably into your ear and stay there.
I use the small clothes clip to keep the control on my collar and run the cable under the front my t-shirt, the control is easy to use and works well with my iPhone, volume, start stop and skip.
The cable is quite long which is ok for me because I have my iphone on my waist and I run it under my shirt, but if yours is on your arm it may be too long and I think the cable will be too thick to wind round a cable bobbin.

Running

I have used these for about a month mixture of running for about 30 minutes duration and sprint training. I pretty much use them the same as for the gym but run the cable down the back of my t-shirt. They are comfortable and stay put.

The connector where the two earphone cables meet and the control button are metal and relatively heavy, I put the clip near the control and clip it to the collar of my t-shirt and this is fine, but without the clip they would swing about too much to run with.

The earphones are also heavy but with the right buds (for me small double flange) the stay in well I can honestly say they are as comfortable as any other headphones I have used and stay in better than any others.

Sound isolation is excellent but possibly a bit too good for ideal safety when crossing roads etc. No cable thud noises.

The possible negatives the cable is bit long to be ideal for exercise, the clip is essential for use due to the weight of the earphones connectors, the clip itself does not appear to be same robust quality as the rest of kit and is a tight fit to clip the cable into (I think it may be generic for there whole range which includes earphones with thinner cables).

Positives excellent sound quality, really really well made, comfortable and most importnt for me they stay put in your ear.

Compred to some Power Beats I had a go with the RHA's are better in every way (except I did really like the beats little case).

5 star overall, 4.5 for sport, in short if you are just getting these for running there are probally lighter and cheaper options that are more practical for you but as an all rounder than are still very good for sport, sound incredible and are just a thing of beauty these are the one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Serious Value for Money, 16 Feb. 2014
I have had these 'phones for just over a month now and have to say that I am very, VERY happy with them. First impressions are that the build quality is 'out of this world' good for a headphone at this price... in fact, it's damn good for a headphone at three times this price. Everything from the remote / mic to the headphone jack and the IEMs themselves are in exquisitely machined aluminium. They are light and comfortable with a huge selection of different ear-buds to get that perfect fit (although mine were just right as they came out of the box).

Secondly, sound quality. These really are exceptional headphones considering the sub £100 price. I've owned several pairs of headphones over the years. I still prefer my B&W P5s for quality and acoustic presence but they are too large for activities like running or when you just want something you can slip in your pocket. My Shure SE530s have a better frequency response and more low-end power but are not as neutral as the RHAs (and not as good build quality - they are now out of action due to brittle / cracked insulation on the 'phone cables (Shure have quoted me over £100 to repair!!!) - disappointing for a headphone that cost 3 times as much as these RHAs)!! The RHAs are very neutral without exaggerated low or high frequency response (more like my Etymotics). They are also very fast / dynamic and present a broad, expansive sound stage. Sound isolation in noisy environments is also very good provided you get the right ear-buds and a tight seal.

At this price, I cannot recommend these headphones enough. You will be very hard pushed to find anything else as good as these for less than £100. So, why the 4 stars? A long standing feud with headphone manufacturers, I'm afraid... NOT EVERYBODY IN THIS WORLD USES AN iPHONE!!! Sadly, most manufacturers - including these, and my B&W P5s make remotes that are only compatible with Apple devices. Thankfully the middle button still works for answering / ending calls but the volume controls will ONLY work with iPhone, iPod etc. Come on guys. How about thinking about the rest of us!!!?

5.0 out of 5 stars INDESTRUCTIBLE DESIGN WITH A HIGH QUALITY SOUND REPRODUCTION, 21 Sept. 2013
Helpless "Helpless" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: RHA MA750 Noise Isolating In-Ear Headphone - 3 year warranty (Electronics)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm always a bit sceptical of claims such as `specialist headphone company' and why they hadn't come up on my radar before.

However, I think that unboxing the product was as good an experience as plugging them in and listening to music. I have taken some photo's of the unboxing so you can see for yourself. It was a real pleasure to open the box.

Everything is there, there are enough ear buds to fit pretty much any sized aperture, if you can't find a decent fit you must be a three eared alien species.

The product also comes with a nicely constructed case to keep all the bits in.

The earphones are comfortable to wear, though for some it might take a little getting used to, having the cable looped over the top of your ear. I can understand the reasoning behind this, there is a lot of weight in the cable, this product looks as if it has been designed to withstand battle and used on the offensive counter attack. Luckily it also comes with a clip to help weight distribution. No wonder the manufacturers give a 3 year warranty, this design is industrial strength. I love to cool feel of the stainless steel. Isambard Kingdom Brunel would designed something like this if MP3 players had existed in his day.

Still it's not the box, or the bling that counts, the important part is whether they produce the goods for your £79. Everyone listens to music, but at the same time they hear music differently, in this case I was not just pleasantly surprised, I was truly amazed. Note that I tried these with iPad, iPhone, and a Sony player.

I really felt that I was listening to music through a pair that cost three times as much, and believe me when I say that I have paid three times as much and not got a pair as good as these.

Handmade drivers might just be the real attention to detail here, I listened to a variety of music, Flo Rider, Mumford and Sons, Johnny Cash, Fall Out Boy, Dylan, ELO, Spiderbait, The Jam to name but a few. The sound reproduction gave a good amount of clarity, it could handle, highs and lows and didn't falter at full volume or when turned down. Bass sounded rich and sharp without overpowering anything. Some earphones tend to lean towards a dull bass sound, but not here. They say that earphones have to make compromises, well may be these have just rewritten the rule book on that subject.

In conclusion, the only fault I can find is that they are a bit on the heavy side for a set of earphones that are supposedly meant to be portable, without the clip in place the relatively thick cabling drags down a bit on your ears. Acceptable for a commute, but not for running.

Sound wise I have absolutely no concerns though you have to remember it is a very personal perception, you may hear sound differently to me.

The fact that they come with a 3 year warranty tells me they are designed to last and designed to survive. It would be unkind and unfair to mark them down purely on the fact that they are a little on the heavy side. You will also find that they are easy to untangle, if you could tangle them in the first place that is.

It's a five from me.

5.0 out of 5 stars RHA all the WAY! Apple products nothing!, 31 July 2014
M. Ismail - See all my reviews
Ill start by saying this, screw apple products, screw products who make "only for apple" products, screw expensive foreign brands that are 3 times dearer on the actual product cost due to import and region charges, screw big name brands that double the cost because "they're soooo reputable" and screw cheap products that try to fool the common folk into buying their brand that is good-for-nothing!.

Apologies for that, rant over!. Ill keep this short and simple, im an audiophile, these are freaking amazing! do not over spend on anything else. £300 for earphones are a joke, spend the big money on headphones but for earphones these are what you want. British made, British engineering, British company.
- The best build quality ever
- Amazing packaging and content
- 3 year warranty
- Only £79, these are worth 3 times that
- The best (im dead serious) sound quality you will have ever heard from any earphone piece. Use them properly with a proper music player. Not a crappy apple product, get something real! I use a Cowon i9 and trust me, its musical precision all the way.

Buy Buy Buy. RHA all the way!.

And for those of you who buy earphones with microphones etc, come on get real, keep music and calls separate.

5.0 out of 5 stars A headphone which matches its stunning looks with the sound it creates, 31 Oct. 2014
Skydr (Stockport, UK) - See all my reviews
Having tried many in-ear headphones under the £100 mark, I have to say this is the best one out there.

Build Quality (10/10):
The headphones are made of stainless steel and look both beautiful and solid. After even 5 months of constant use, they look as good as ever. The housing, splitter and jack is made of stainless steel and the wires are made of a very sturdy but flexible rubber. The ear loops are made of a different material which is thinner and more stiff meaning they don't lose their shape. The giant spring strain relief on the headphone jack makes sure that you will never break off the wire from it.

Accessories (9/10):
The RHA MA750s come with a huge amount of accessories. The case is large and looks very smart and can easily hold a small mp3 player as well as the headphones. It also has space to keep all the earbuds, but it's not that necessary but nice to have nevertheless. Talking about the earbuds, there are a massive 10 pairs which come with the headphones; 6 pairs of dual density earbuds, 2 pairs of bi-flange earbuds and 2 pairs of foam earbuds. This makes sure that you will always find the perfect fit for yourself. The 2 pairs of foam earbuds are the same size and quite large so someone with small ears will find it hard to use them.

Isolation, Microphonics and Comfort (9/10):
These headphones have dynamic drivers which means they will never have as good isolation as balanced armature ones, however they perform well and do decently to block out external noise.
The thick cables and the compulsory over-ear design results in negligible microphonics.
The headphones are very comfortable to wear as the over-ear design allows the whole of the ear to take the pressure of the drivers which are actually quite heavy as they are large and made wholly out of metal. The large selections of earbuds also help to increase the comfort of these headphones. They are comfortable both when staying still or running.

Sound (9.0/10):
These in-ear headphones have a 'handmade 560.1 driver' according to the RHA website. The driver is a dynamic driver of an unknown size but it is probable to say that they are around 10mm. The sound is biased towards the lower-mids and is very warm which is normal of a dynamic driver (most balanced armature drivers have a cool sound). The emphasis on the lower-mids makes this a great headphone for listening to rock, alternative and other bassy music. The overall signature of the headphone is a very flat v-shape with a slight emphasis on the trebles and bass. The treble can be often seen as very bright and energetic but it is not so that it hurts to listen to.
However after about 3 months of use (around 150 hours), the headphone sound completely changed. Suddenly the bass was far more tighter and restrained without losing its punch, and the bright, energetic treble calmed down slightly making the headphones sound closer to a £200 headphone than a £100 one. Maybe it could be called a burn in but if one thing should be said it's that you should not disregard this headphone off immediately, give it time and it will perform incredibly.

Conclusion (9/10):
Overall this is one of the few headphones which backs up its beautifully crafted body with a gorgeous sound which improves over time. Along with its huge 3 year warranty, this has to be a must for anybody who wants a slightly more premium headphone for lower-mid oriented music.

Alternatives:
A headphone which sounds very similar to this and is similar in price is the Yamaha EPH-100. It provides a lot of what the RHA has but its build quality is poorer but it does not make you use the over-ear loop of the RHA.
If a more balanced sound is wanted but the warmth still kept, the HiFiMan RE-400 should be looked at as it gives a more balanced sound but the amount of accessories is not as extensive as the RHA's

4.0 out of 5 stars My first impressions and review, 13 Dec. 2014
Having been a apple headphone user for many years, this was quite a big leap in my mobile sound experiance.
I was cautious of buying this headphones, as I was very much used to just placing the over-priced apple headphone in and not placing it over the ear. After scouring through the reviews of this product, I finally decided to buy it.

When it arrived it looked professional and sleek in its packaging. The clothing clip and case that comes with it was a nice bonus.
The array of ear-buds that come with it are also very pleasing; In total there is 10 sets (6 single flange, 2 double, and 2 memory foam). It was easy to swap the ear-buds on when testing for which one I should use and it was nice that there was such a large variety of sized and styles.

My first impressions was that the cable is substantially longer than what I was used to and that they are (obviously) a bit heavier. But when you have the correct ear-bud fitted it is great. It fits snugly and wont fall out easily. The remote is quite large, which allows you to locate it faster, and it does the same functions as my old apple ones.

I then proceeded to test its driver, sound reproduction and range and it passed with flying colours. The difference in quality was astounding (from my old apple's)!

Pros: Premium case and design | Nice range of ear-buds | Great sound quality | It is still possible to wear with going over ear
Cons: Cable is a bit too long (for my liking) | Cable cannot be replaced/detached

Conclusion: These headphones are great value for money, they fit comfortably and discreetly around the ear and produce quality sound. If you are using a iDevice like me, the remote is invaluable for quickly controlling your music. If you are pondering the MA750 vs MA750i, I would go with these. The sound can be very articulate and it has a warm tone ( but not too much)

(If you are looking for a good review vist -> http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone_review/rha-ma750-ma750i/ )

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality and value unrivalled., 15 Aug. 2014
I first bought the MA350 earphones last year, I was very impressed with the sound they produced but I had a small problem with the braided fabric cable. After talking with the nice people at RHA I decided to buy these phones because the cable doesn't have the fabric issue (feedback when rubbing against clothing).

I always knew that the controls were designed for use with an iphone, but some Android users had reported partial use with their phones. It turns out that I can pause playback on my Nexus 4 using the inline control, that's all I really wanted so I'm happy.

The build quality is superb, I'd imagine that they will easily cope with my daily walks around the countryside without showing signs of stress. The cable clip for attaching to a shirt or jacket was far too lightweight for this robust cable, it broke within minutes of the first use. I ordered a heavy duty one which is designed for pilots, problem solved (the seller in this case gave me a partial refund to cover the cost of my new clip without any qualms at all).

I wasn't sure that the over-the-ear style would suit my strange ears but it works just fine. I don't get along with silicone tips so I bought t-200 tips from Comply, which are fantastic.

The sound quality? Amazing! I suspect you'd have to part with several hundred pounds to replicate this quality from any other earphones on the market. When you also consider the 3 years warranty, these earphones have to be the best value for money around.
Buy these, your ears will love you forever more.

5.0 out of 5 stars no need to spend more!, 31 Mar. 2014
beretta - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Having used RHA 450s for the last year and being very impressed with the quality I decided to upgrade to these beauties.
They are simply stunning and I haven't even bedded them in yet!
Take no notice of those boring Audiophiles that think that you can't buy quality headphones without re mortgaging the house, its rubbish, these bad boys are serious kit and well worth the money!

I will update this post when I have bedded them in and given them a good testing!

Update:

Well, after only a few days listening these wonderfull little headphones are starting to mellow out and are sounding a little warmer (Don't believe the hype from the Audio bores about taking months to burn in, thats for the headsets that they bought with their re mortgage!) and they are just a pleasure to listen too..My old 450s, although cracking sound for the money, became a little too much after a couple of hours of listening at higher volumes!
Oh, one thing that I have not found with these beauties is that I have not had any noise from the cables rubbing on my clothes...AT ALL, brilliant!
One more thing, if You have never had over the ear phones before, dont worry, they are so easy to fit, just hang the loops over the top of your lobes and press the phones into your ear canal...Easy, and becomes second nature after a while,very comfortable too, I found that the earpieces already fitted are just fine and fit very snuggly!

UPDATE 2:

Well after a good few hours giving these babies a demanding workout they are really sounding fantastic and after trying them out on the train I can now honestly say that they are genuinely noise canceling and after asking a young lady next to me if she could hear my music, I can now tell you that they do not leak sound at all!

PS: Sorry if I dont go on about soundstage, treble, bass, frequencies and such but everybody is different and what suits one person will not suit another, and I only speak in layman's English anyway!!

UPDATE3:

Well, now after burning these properly the sound as mellowed out really well and the sound they send out is simply stunning and I now fully recommend them over the "Famous" brands costing twice, even three times as much, yes, they really are that good...Go on treat yourself, you won't be disappointed, honest!

UPDATE4:

Well, after many hours of listening these phones have really become to shine and all I can say is ''Wow'' They really are amazing, just listen to a bit of ''Alterbridge'' and you will see what I mean!

Happy listening guys

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound and brilliant value for money, 21 Sept. 2013
John Boy (Bristol United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm a bit wary of reviewing and other people's reviews of audio equipment as I suspect that most of us are pretty subjective when it comes to music. However, I've no doubt that people will really like these in-ear headphones given the quality of sound and the price. RHA have advised me that although the earphones aren't specifically for sports use, they don't foresee a problem with some sweat. I have subjected them to a couple of medium 'sweatfest' tests at the gym and found that the foam earpieces were the best at staying in place, whereas the silicone earpieces had moved out of place at 30 minutes or so which meant that I heard plenty of detail but bass was slightly reduced. When I'm back on form after surgery I'll try them with a 60 minute blast on a Spin bike - sweat dripping off my elbows and hands - in the interests of a comprehensive review, but hoping that they don't fail as they are so good for normal use.

My testing used a computer (flat tone controls) and a third generation Nano with a Fiio E5 (slight bass lift) and L3 cable as the sources. References were Logitech Ultimate Ears UE700 in-ear headphones and Sennheiser Momentum closed back headphones. Music was mp3 at 230 or 329 kbps and .aiff, including Lady Gaga, Samantha James (acoustic and electronica), Katherine Jenkins, Fourplay, Jango, Deva Premal, Paul Carrack, Deadmaus & Kaskade, Status Quo, Tibetan singing bowls and, Diana Krall. The headphones were played-in beforehand for about five hours with ZZ Top and Lady Gaga.

Packaging
The box is solidly constructed with the front lid held closed by concealed magnets : nice touch. A response graph printed inside the lid shows a flat response from around 50Hz to 7kHz, a 30dB dip from around 10kHz until it rises to 22kHz.

In the box
Inside are the headphones and stainless steel holder with 10 pairs of ear tips : two pairs each of small, medium and large silicone, one pair each of small and medium double flange silicone, and two pairs of medium memory foam tips. In the base are a neat zipped carrying case, a clip for securing the cable to your clothes and a multi-language instruction booklet that reminds you that the headphones have a three year warranty. The clip is necessary for cardio in the gym as the weight of the cable and metal Y connector cause the cable to swing around when running, walking briskly, or using an elliptical / cross trainer. The clip is small and I managed to lose it first time in the gym, so I now have a plastic bulldog clip.

Construction
The ear pieces are constructed of stainless steel connected by quite thick but flexible cable. Cables are routed over the ear and are joined to the main cable by a metal connector; the 3.5mm jack plug also has a metal body. The M750 reviewed here doesn't have the remote controls and microphone of MA750i, but the 16 ohm impedance of both models indicates the intended sources are mp3 players and phones. One minor niggle is that like most in-ear headphones the R (right)and L (left) letters on the earpieces are too small to read; I'll have to colour code them.

Sound
Good separation of vocals and instruments. Vocals were slightly soft but natural and bass was nicely balanced. They made the Logitech Ultimate Ears UE700 sound trashy and harsh by comparison and, gave the Momentum headphones a run for their money. The computer delivered better detail than the Nano and Fiio. The .aiff tracks sound great even through the Nano and FiiO.

Comfort
These are the most comfortable in-ear headphones that I've worn.

Summary
Brilliant value for money, really nice sound; great at home, in the gym or whilst awaiting surgery(!).

UPDATE April 2014
The earphones have survived numerous sweaty gym sessions and work as well as ever. I'm still delighted with them.

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 13 Feb. 2014
First the good points about these earphones

Excellent sound quality the best i have ever known cannot be faulted

Now the negative points

why or why have they engineered the earphones like this i just cant get them to fit in my ear for any period without falling out. Everyone is unique and everyones ears are different there may well be some people who can use these and have them remain securely in their ears. Unfortunately i am not one and i feel like i have wasted my money,