5.0 out of 5 stars This is how it's done!!
Published 6 months ago by Mr. R. Powell

1.0 out of 5 stars S.W. ripping off his "worshippers".....
.....just 8 months down the line, ( most of today's artists, at least wait till 12 months has elapsed ! Must need the money ?? ) with this re-hash ! It's a sort of "deluxe" version, without the "luxe" ! It's a shame S.W. has resorted to jumping on the "lets get more money out of people" bandwagon !
Published 9 months ago by Mr. R. Haden

5.0 out of 5 stars This is how it's done!!, 1 Feb 2014
Mr. R. Powell (Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Drive Home [Blu-ray] [2013] [Region A & B] (Blu-ray)
The major record companies should really take note of this release from Mr Wilson and Kscope, the small independent label where Mr Wilson plies his trade. If they want us to put our hard earned money their way instead of just listening on streaming sites then give us something worthwhile. That is clearly Mr Wilson and Kscope's philosophy with this excellent mini album. So what, you ask, makes this so worthwhile. Well, for 11 pounds I got two discs, a Blu Ray and a CD each containing almost an hour of excellent music. The Blu Ray has the promotional videos for Drive Home and The Raven.........., both of which bring a new level of haunting beauty and melancholy to these excellent tracks. Next up there is live footage of Steven and band in concert on the last tour with expanded versions of four songs from his solo output. I wasn't lucky enough to catch this tour, all I can say is that this footage just makes me kick myself for not discovering Mr Wilson's talents earlier. And finally two audio only tracks, the previously unreleased 'The Birthday party' and an orchestral version of 'The Raven........'. Needless to say all tracks are available in both Stereo and HD 5.1 surround, which is the best way to listen to it, afterall this is Steven Wilson the magician of 5.1 mixing.

The compact disc contains the audio for all the above tracks. So why do you need the CD you ask. Simple I can listen to this magical music in the car and when I can't get near the Blu Ray player because the kids are watching Pokemon I can listen to it on my CD player.

So, if you're already a fan of Mr Wilson's work you really do need to buy this, and if you have a Blu Ray player with 5.1 this is the one to get. If on the other hand you are merely thinking of flirting with Mr Wilson, then this is a good place to start. You'll soon be hooked I can assure you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 26 Oct 2013
Neil Wilkes (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Drive Home [Blu-ray] [2013] [Region A & B] (Blu-ray)
This has got to be the best "single" I have bought in a long, long time as there is an enormous amount of content:
Firstly there are 2 videos from the album "The Raven that refused to sing & other stories" beginning with the beautifully melancholy "Drive Home" and followed by the haunting title track from the album "The Raven that refused to sing" which has to be one of the most emotional promo films I have ever seen. I simply defy anybody to watch this & not be moved.
For most artists that would be plenty for the single, but not Steven Wilson, as we then get an absolute treat with 4 previously unreleased live cuts shot on the current world tour in Frankfurt - The Holy Drinker (watch out for some nifty Bass work from SW), Insurgentes, The Watchmaker & The Raven that refused to sing. It has to also be said that for all of you reading this who have the previous live set "Get All You Deserve" that this is a slightly different band, with lead guitar duties now handled by the excellent Guthrie Govan who has really brought something special to the table with his playing, and it does change the sound of the band although I feel it is for the better (not that I am trying to say the previous guitarist was bad - far from it - just watch it & you will see).
We're still not done though, as there are 2 further "Audio-only" tracks "The Birthday Party" & a stripped back version of "The Raven".
All this in 24/96 stereo & lossless DTS-HD 5.1 as well (assuming you have a player that can access the lossless component & not just the core audio version)

Most artists would call this an album - and it is truly outstanding. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Beauty, 27 Oct 2013
This review is from: Drive Home [Blu-ray] [2013] [Region A & B] (Blu-ray)
If you've bought "The Raven That Refused To Sing (And Other Stories)" then you already know the music on here, although the live versions are well worth the extra effort. But it's the videos for Drive Home and The Raven that this is really worth purchasing for. Two pieces of sheer beauty that deserve to be seen by a far larger audience than they ever will have. The videos take the stories from the songs and enhance them in such a poetic way. Buy it, you won't be disappointed. Oh, and keep those tissues handy!

5.0 out of 5 stars stunning, 28 Oct 2013
This review is from: Drive Home [Blu-ray] [2013] [Region A & B] (Blu-ray)
I totally agree with all that has been said in the previous reviews. There is one thing I would like to add - the orchestral version of The Raven is absolutely stunning. In my opinion its even better than the original version. Listen to when the strings come in where the drums came in on the original. Simply beautiful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 27 Oct 2013
This review is from: Drive Home [Blu-ray] [2013] [Region A & B] (Blu-ray)
Fantastic , just seen SW at Wolverhampton and the live tracks on this are a great reminder of a fabulous gig

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing New Under The Sun?, 18 Mar 2014
This review is from: Drive Home [Blu-ray] [2013] [Region A & B] (Blu-ray)
When Virginia Woolf agonised over the modern novel and how it might escape the past, she ruminated on the idea that words we knew so well could be structured in sentences that belied their customary meaning. The idea that we betray ourselves by how we speak, the words we use and how we phrase them. So it is with Music and with Art. It is not necessary to re-invent sound or image, it is imperative that we take what we understand and reshape it so that it becomes something other than itself. This is the Art of Steven Wilson. The sounds and shapes breathe as we might understand them, but they point in a different direction, they suggest something else. I could describe every subtle reflection of the past embedded in the songs, and I did, at first. But then I just began to hear and feel something else, something that was impossible to feel in 1974 or 1992: the freshness is the combination of everything we know about this music but re-spelt, rebuilt. And the videos are quite stunning in their breath-taking simplicity; beguiling us with tales of sadness; with shadows and shapes that speak of broken hearts and lost lives.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Blu ray., 18 Feb 2014
Paul M. Keenan "keenly1" (england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Drive Home [Blu-ray] [2013] [Region A & B] (Blu-ray)
Steller sound. Steven Wilson does not disappoint with his 5.1 mixes. Great new song and some brilliant live tracks. Excellent live versions of Rave tracks. Worthy addition to your collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Steven Wilson - A Genius, 9 Jan 2014
Mr. R. D. Nicholls (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Drive Home [Blu-ray] [2013] [Region A & B] (Blu-ray)
Excellent music, stunning sound. If you are a fan of Steven Wilson and his work and you have the right equipment you will love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars steven wilson, 6 Jan 2014
Mr. James S. Edmondson (u.k.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Drive Home [Blu-ray] [2013] [Region A & B] (Blu-ray)
what an amazing person steven Wilson is, does he ever have a rest?producing and remastering his own music and classics and this too. amazing concert but amazing films to accompany his music

5.0 out of 5 stars Drive Home CD/DVD, 5 Jan 2014
This review is from: Drive Home [Blu-ray] [2013] [Region A & B] (Blu-ray)
Steven Wilson has continued to produce yet another great album of great songs. His quality to detail is amazing, the sound on this DVD and CD is stunning. The band is top class and really makes Stevens songs come alive and have a lot of presence. Drive Home is not available in Australia despite Steven Wilson actually touring the album here recently. I had to order this from overseas just to hear it.

The video clips are spectacular as is the 5.1 surround sound mix, may be the best yet from Steven Wilson.

Drive Home [Blu-ray] [2013] [Region A & B]
Drive Home [Blu-ray] [2013] [Region A & B] by Steven Wilson (Blu-ray - 2013)
12.99