5.0 out of 5 stars Innovative twists on British classics
To accompany the TV series of the Incredible Spice Men comes the tie-in book. Chefs Cyrus Todiwala and Tony Singh have travelled the country seeking out dishes that they could put their spicy twist on.

We all love our traditional British food and so the idea of being able to transform them with spices is something that immediately appealed to me so when I saw...
Published 19 months ago by Mrs. E. Preval

3.0 out of 5 stars spice man
a very good book a mix of a story and food

a few twists and mixes i would never though would work

but do great book
Published 13 months ago by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 332 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, 14 Feb. 2014
Really good things in here, like the Spiced Ham (we had it for Christmas, I just didn't tell anyone there were chilis in it and conservative eaters to a man all announced it delicious) and worthy of the 4 stars all by itself is the crumble with star anise - seriously good.

Good explanations of the various spices etc so as I like a book that tells me things too (rather than just recipes) it works for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Colourful, Enjoyable And Simply Brilliant, 8 Oct. 2013
These lads, along with Atul Kochhar, have opened my eyes to the possibilities of spices, heat and new flavours. The BBC Two programme that accompanied this book was a treat. It was a bit cheesy and they played up to the camera of course, but it was the first episode that prompted me to buy the book. I've thoroughly enjoyed every recipe I've made so far and I can't wait to try more.

Now, two gripes I have with the recipes I've tried are that the oven temperatures and the cooking times were way out. They all required a higher temperature and a longer cooking time.I always add notes next to recipes to fine tune them for my oven and style. These comments didn't deserve a star rating lower though.

Finally, if you've got an electric spice grinder with a clear top, cassia bark is so tough, the top of my grinder has scratch frosted over so much I can't see through it.

By the book. It's inspiring.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Reading!, 25 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Incredible Spice Men (Kindle Edition)
There is so much more to using spices than is normally covered by recipe books. These two excellent communicators fill the void left by other writers superbly.
Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous book, 26 Aug. 2013
A great read. I like the pages devoted to the history of each spice. The tv format reminds me a lot of the Hairy Bikers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 31 Jan. 2014
Robert Cooper "Barchetta" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Cookery books with great pictures is always a bonus to me, I think it helps you re - create the dishes they have cooked. so this one does not disappoint. The information on all the various spices is easy to read and absorb, this item was bought as a gift and thoroughly enjoyed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great recipes from two of the finest gentlemen on TV, 10 Dec. 2013
Bought this for my wife, and she's absolutely delighted. My initial concerns that it'd be lots of curry recipes was quickly put to rest. It's a great addition to any kitchen shelf, and includes many ideas to "spice up your culinary life"

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yum!, 7 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Incredible Spice Men (Kindle Edition)
Great book, amazing recipes and great show. Well done spice men! Trying the fish recipe today and looking forward to more....

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 26 Sept. 2013
This came in the estimated time given, so happy with service.
I have been watching the TV series and enjoying it very much. I felt the need to have the book so I could try out the spicy new recipes myself. I realise I could go on line and get them or print them off, but I thought the cook book would be easier to have and store. I am pleased I did get it now, as the book is great. It is very easy to read and follow the instructions. The photos are very colourful and helpful, so you can see finished dish. It also helps me remember bits from the show.
The few dishes I have tried so far have been yummy. People have asked to borrow book already, but I have photo copied recipes as I am afraid it's such a good read I might not get it back! 😗
A great addition to my cook book collection and one I will keep going back to! 😊

5.0 out of 5 stars Quirky, 23 Feb. 2014
DH (Deal, Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this for my husband, having watched the TV series. The recipes are a spiced twist on some British classics and all the recipes are good and easy to follow. Helps to have seen the TV series as the authors' eccentric character drives you through the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super book from a fun programme!!, 12 Feb. 2014
This was as much a comedy programme as a cookery one!! Excellent book full of recipes which challenge the classic tastes. I bought two and gave them as Christmas gifts. My son is having the cardomom victoria sponge as one layer of his wedding cake!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 332 | Next ›