on 28 November 2013
I bought this to put my My Passport in. It's exactly the right size and lovely and small. It fits nicely into my bag and protects my external hard drive.
The harder shell case plus its internal layout in HD strap and elasticated pocket fitted my small WD 2TB back up drive with cable perfectly. Also because the case is more resilient than the more normal softer cases sold, it feels like it offers better protection when using to transport with your laptop in larger bags. For the price highly recommended and ideally purchased at same time as the HD of your choice.
on 26 January 2014
Fairly robust case, nicely rounded, and holds my WD Passport drive and USB lead securely. Although light, it is a little bulky and may not go on holiday with me as planned!
on 8 December 2013
robust and light weight. WD 2Gb Ultra and cable fit easily inside. Looks smart and very good value for price
on 5 July 2014
Fairly good but the Amazon basic case is just as good and fits a little better and the Amazon basics case is a few pounds cheaper but only in black. However I needed to buy a red case for easy identification so this did the job nicely.
on 18 June 2014
This useful utility is well designed that you don't have to fight the zipper to get at the contents - and if you inadvertently step or sit on it, the contents would be well protected. Compact, convenient to put in your pocket or corner of a briefcase answers to most of the needs in a hurry. The colour should remind you where it is amidst all the 'black' paraphernalia around you, so you wouldn't miss it!
on 24 May 2015
Considering you would have spent a decent amount of money on an external hard drive, and more importantly because it houses important information and documentation, you would definitely want something as sturdy as this to hold it all together and protect it wherever you are.

I take my hard drive quite often with me as I need to use some of the larger files on there while I'm away, and don't really want to keep them saved to my laptop and this has been incredible at protecting that investment. I've had spills on it as well as had it fall out of my bag while running for trains and with no issues. Few scuffs here and there from those drops but aside from that everything on the inside is still in impeccable condition.

Has a soft interior with a strap to keep your device still. My device is only small but the strap still seems to hold it securely in place while it seems to be bouncing about it in my bag and trying to escape! The addition of a little mesh net for all your cables is quite handy as well as I don't need to get the cables mixed with the rest I carry! Highly recommend!
on 9 February 2014
There's quite a few variations of these WD Passport drives now but the 'My Passport' was bought from Amazon
(search this:WDBY8L0020BBK MY Passport) and the Case4Life fits great. Not a tight fit, but the thick elasticated strap keeps the drive in place. There's also a pocket inside for the cable and a couple of flash drives..

All in all a great buy.
on 13 March 2014
I needed a case to protect my WD external hard drive. My 2TB WD my passport slim fits nicely into the case. The case seems to provide good protection against the odd time I've dropped it or when it's been sat at the bottom of my bag.
I can't speak the splashproof feature but the it is certainly shockproof.
on 7 June 2016
I purchased this little case for my WD 2TB My Passport Ultra Hard Drive. The hard drive had an offer at Amazon whereby it came with a free neoprene WD case, which I received. It did cover the drive, like a case would, but offered no protection. Which with a HD, you really need. SO in the bin it went, and from Amazon this one, based on its reviews, was delivered.

Fits well, with room in a pouch for the cable. Has an elasticated strap to hold the drive in place, and a zip to close. The zip is not as smooth as it could be, and for this reason has lost one star. It seems sturdy enough, as to whether it is "shockproof" - I hope I never have to find out!

I'm pleased with the case and am happy to recommend. If they could make the zip run smoother, so much the better.