on 16 October 2013
The delivery was great, arrived the morning after I ordered and item well packed. I've only used it about 4 times so far and it seems fine. Although there is a viewing window the book says to leave the top off when frying. The oil boiled over once even though within the maximum limit. I think I'll get used to it though, great value. The book made no mention of a guarantee but I'm hoping it is for at least a year.
on 17 January 2014
In need of something for occasional chips for two people, this appeared ideal. Okay, I'm long enough in the tooth to think that it was possibly too good a price to be true, but at little over a tenner, you can't go wrong, can you?

Well, yes you can.

The handle didn't fit to the basket securely - a bit of a problem when you're dealing with boiling oil/fat. But okay, I improvised.

On first use, that said, it did okay. On a second outing, however, the thermostat had gone and while the indicator light was on, it stubbornly refused to indicate if or when the cooking temperature had been reached. A third outing saw a probe thermometer inserted under the lid to deal with this, but that's hardly helpful.

It has been consigned to the bin, while a mental memo, in mental capital letters, has been posted on my brain's noticeboard, reminding me not to waste money on cheap Chinese gift horses again.
on 7 November 2014
Not the dream deep fryer I hoped for. Performance deteriorated quickly. Haven't used it for months. The thermostat misbehaved, not very easy to clean. This is the worst rating I have ever given to any product.

I must buy a more useful deep fryer. I plan to chuck it away. I wish I could ask for a refund.
on 18 July 2014
I purchased this a little while ago, and have only just used it, I am disappointed that the handle is not very secure. The pronged piece is not long enough to sit in the metal loop thing. So when it sits in the fryer does move around. I've tried various ways but not had much luck.
on 2 August 2014
- Basket handle failed this product - too fiddly when handly hot oil - handle often detached and then collapse into the hot oil -therefore frustrating because one can't shake the frying product for fear of handly collapsing
on 24 May 2014
came on time, very pleased with this fryer, it is smaller than my last one but as my family is now smaller did not make a difference, I have not cleaned this product yet so cannot comment on easy cleaning claim
on 21 January 2014
Brought a budget deep fat fryer, good quality for price, easy taken apart for easy cleaning,would recommend anyone looking for a deep fat fryer to buy one.
on 13 January 2014
Just big enough for the enough of us. Very pleased with it. Is useful for both chips and our deep fried Chinese food. GREAT!!!
on 21 November 2015
the delivery was quick, the product is okay, but has a design fault in that the handle on the fryer basket is not fit for purpose, it swivels and does not lock properly into the lugs, have to be careful as I lower into the hot oil, would suggest it needs a product recall to fix the problem!!
on 13 November 2015
Overall a very useful chip cooker unfortunately let down the basket handle let it down holding clip to small allows slipping on removal hot items, the filling mark could be modified so as be seen during filling.
Chivmodels