5.0 out of 5 stars A must for any Stone Roses fan
I can remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when I heard the Stone Roses were reforming and were to play 2 (Which later became 3) massive dates at Heaton Park in Manchester. This was a band I had spent all of my teenage years listening to, convinced that I had been born too late to see them perform live.

I bought my ticket for Heaton Park and also...
Published 7 months ago by Josh Deegan

Published 2 months ago by Adrian C. Thomas

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for any Stone Roses fan, 10 Jan 2014
Josh Deegan "Josh Deegan" (Manchester, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stone Roses: Made Of Stone Steelbook (Blu-ray + DVD) (Blu-ray)

I bought my ticket for Heaton Park and also saw them live at V Fest at Weston Park. Both times they blew me away.

I can also remember hearing about Shane Meadows plans to release a documentary which focused on the Roses. I am a big fan of Meadows work, particularly the This Is England series, and when I heard that he would be at the helm of a film about the Roses, I knew it would be nothing short of brilliant. And how right I was.

What this film does, is it captures the euphoria only a band like the Stone Roses can bring to a group of people. It celebrates their music, and focuses on just how much it means to their fans. This is definitely a film by a fan for the fans. Expect no revelations, as Meadows even mentions in the film that he refuses to dig dirt on the band. Highlights are the rehearsal footage, and the build up and performances from Warrington Parr Hall. Also, the final 15 minutes - a rousing rendition of Fools Gold - will leave you breathless. This steelbook edition includes bonus performances, and footage from Spike Island, which is worth the money alone.

A great watch for any Stone Roses fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stone Roses. Made of Stone., 1 Jan 2014
I bought this for my husband for Christmas and he can't stop smiling and thanking me enough. I think I have made a 50 year old man very Happy

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank god for Meadows and the Roses!!!, 5 Oct 2013
This has to be one of the greatest moments in documentary cinema history. Meadows excels here and also surprises with a technical and emotional master class in filmmaking. A reunion all fans had given up hope on ever happening, not only happens but is captured by the greatest living british director. There is a god!

2.0 out of 5 stars Very little live footage on it just looks like an extended evening news special. This boring documentary is a let down, 29 May 2014
Boring documentary that should have only been broadcast on tv and not released. Why didnt the stone roses release a full disc of the heaton park gigs, not this miserly release that doesnt even show a full song from the gigs. A misleading release in my eyes with the bare minimum of music that they could get away with. Might as well have been one of those dodgy unofficial releases that is full of interviews with fans etc. A real let down

5.0 out of 5 stars top film, 25 Nov 2013
excellent docu-movie very well filmed only wished i could've got a ticket for the concert if you loved the madchester era of music this is right uup your street

5.0 out of 5 stars Best band ever, 23 Nov 2013
Totally recommend it for any roses fan,bit more live footage would have been nice,maybe a second disc with an entire concert

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 22 Nov 2013
Brilliant documentary on my all time favourite band. The steel book is a nice little bit of work, top notch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 19 Nov 2013
A wonderful documentary which is simply a must see.

Meadows is a master of his craft and his love of the Roses shines through.

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to the Good Old Days!, 19 Nov 2013
What can I say, other than get the box set.
Great behind the stage look with both Shane Meadows, the Band & the fans.
Plus the concerts & warm up shows , with all the feedback of the Roses & the fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars nothing short of epic, 18 Nov 2013
superb documentary in every conceivable format :) having gone through the turmoil of losing them it was superb to have a keepsake
which shows the heartache we all felt and the amazing buzz when Mani did THAT RIFT !!! oooooh goosebumps

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Stone Roses: Made Of Stone Steelbook (Blu-ray + DVD)
24.99