5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely useful unit.
I have used this unit for a few days now and found it to be most useful. I bought it as I have two phones, a tablet, and a Kindle in regular use and was getting fed up with separate USB chargers as I would routinely charge 3 devices at once. I have used this unit for a few days now and found it to be the proverbial best thing since sliced bread!

First of all,...
Published 3 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Adapator Died but great customer service
It's was a great product whilst it worked but only worked for just over 1 month..... Tripped the electrics for the whole flat... Definitely not a good buy

Revision (19/03/14) I was contacted promptly by EasyAcc and they were prompt and wanted to resolve the problem. They guarantee their product for a year which means you can get a replacement or refund. It...
Published 1 month ago by Gary

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely useful unit., 8 Jan 2014
This review is from: EasyAcc® 25 Watts 5V / 5A 5 Port USB Charger with 5-Foot Power Cord Multi Port USB Portable Charger battery Wall charger for iPhone, iPad, Samsung Tab, iPod, Smartphones, 5V Tablets, Bluetooth Speakers & Headset (Electronics)

First of all, it plugs into the mains via a plug in cord, so you have a nice discreet normal sized plug plugged into the wall or extension socket and can then site the actual charging unit somewhere convenient. In my case I put it on the floor between the bed and a bedside locker so it's out of the way. Used in conjunction with some extra long PortaPow Fast Charging Cables, it's extremely convenient as the main unit is neatly out of the way, and the longer cables allow me to easily use phones/tablet whilst they are charging.

The unit has 5 ports, and you need to choose the ones which are most appropriate for your devices. E.g. the 2 amp ports for tablets, whereas the 1 amp ports will quite happily do for a BlackBerry, etc. One thing to note is that the TOTAL output across all five ports is 5 amps, so you do have to be careful not to overload it, but can plug whatever you want into it as long at the 5 amp limit isn't exceeded. In my case, I have been charging a Samsung Galaxy S3, a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1", and a BlackBerry Bold 9780 overnight all at the same time and it is perfectly happy. I won't have a need to charge my Kindle e-Reader at the same time as all of these, but based on the charging current required for it I would happily be able to do so if required.

Some reviewers have commented that the unit produces a noise. I can confirm that this is indeed the case. However I can also say that it does not annoy me in the slightest. Laying in bed as normal, I can't hear it. If I move to the edge of the bed and lay on my side I can faintly hear it. If I move the unit to the top of the beside locker I can hear it at its full level, and personally I would have to say that I don't find it annoying, but this is a highly subjective thing admittedly.

In summary, I'm very pleased with this item as it tidies things up quite a bit and does the job it's supposed to do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 18 Dec 2013
This is a very nice device. I have a lot of devices that use USB and was getting frustrated with the amount of plugs and cables all over the house. With this device I've be able to remove a lot of the clutter. Also it has different output ratings across the sockets, so you can be happy that your device is getting the correct level of charge (and, though I admit it is subjective, devices charged with this charger seem to work better).

5.0 out of 5 stars The best multicharger I've ever had, 1 Dec 2013
This product is just great. It has 5 fully functional USB ports, two of which supply 2A, the rest 1A. All ports charge at the same time, and the unit does not run particularly hot. Because it is square, it can be nicely put on a desk to provide a discreet and small-footprint charging station.

No more competition between devices (or family members :) for which one gets charged first. I now have one of these in every room, with really short plugs for apple/micro USB devices. Low clutter, high on function.

This device also "travels" really well. When travelling, it's useful to have more than 1-2 USB outlets, which is hard if you only have one port per plug. This EasyAcc unit is fed by a cable which is detachable, and it is a VERY standard plug (power outlet to "8 figure" input), so you can usually "cannibalize" a radio or similar in a hotel room and use that to feed the EasyAcc, and get 5 USB plugs in your hotel room easily. Or just buy a power cable with the 8 figure input to travel with, they are easy to get for all countries, being super standard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought to tidy desk, 31 Dec 2013
Gadget Man (East Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
I bought one of these to help with cable management on my desk - I've fixed the charger to the side of the desk with a few sticky pads and love been able to charge all of my gadgets at once.

A small criticism, as shared with a couple of other reviewers is that the labelling on the ports could be a bit clearer - but it doesn't matter enormously if the wrong device is plugged into the wrong socket - the charging time just changes.

It's small and sleek and quite attractive really, especially with the figure of 8 power cable hidden.

Super device!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product - does what it says, 1 Oct 2013
This product is the most powerful mains transformer I could find for a house with many USB charged devices. iPhones and Blackberry need very little power to charge, but this device will cope with 2 iPads charging at the same time as the phones. No more swapping who gets to charge what. You need to have your own USB charging cables.

The unit is very tidy, although by the time you have plugged up to 5 devices in simultaneously there are a number of wires to contend with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good looking and useful!, 22 Dec 2013
Mr. R. S. Neal "robn7337" (England) - See all my reviews
I like efficiency and this fits the bill. To be able to plug in several devices while only using 1 plug socket is efficient. It's especially useful if you've bought USB devices that weren't supplied with a plug... Of which Apple charge £15!!! I have my Ipad and IPhone 5, my gf often 2 phones and an iPod. Of course it's unlikely we'd need to charge all 5 at the same time but every now and again we will. It works perfectly, doesn't get hot and doesn't cause my Apple devices to give me a warning about possible incompatibility. Wish I'd bought one of these years ago! Now to sell those spare Apple plugs!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 6 Feb 2014
Great to be able to charge multiple items at once. It's at the side of my bed where my iPhone, the wife's iPhone and my iPad are all done at the same time. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I had bought one sooner, 22 Jan 2014
This little device is just brilliant. We took it on holiday abroad with us and needed just one plug adaptor to charge all our devices. It had absolutely no problem charging an iPad, a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, A Galaxy S3, an iPhone 5 and a Samsung camera all at the same time. There was no sign of overheating. Its small and easily portable. Now its back home, we have all devices charging from a single socket, and all those excess chargers have been consigned to the garage rather than lying around cluttering the house. Delivery and packaging were both excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bit of kit at £15.99... now bought 2., 8 Oct 2013
This does exactly what it says it does, plug it in, plug in your usb cables and you have a tablet/phone charging station which is exactly what I wanted. Each port is labelled but there is no instruction to explain the impact of using the ports for something else (I just assume I can use any of them for anyting). I paid £15.99 which was a good competitive price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Runs cool, does what it says on the tin, doesn't explode, 28 Sep 2013
First of all, I purchased a "PortaPow 2.5A Quad USB Wall Charger with 3 Year Guarantee (UK Plug)". This worked just fine for about 5 days, then when I plugged it in, it exploded, tripping the 30A circuit breaker and causing me quite some pain to my hand!
As a replacement, I chose the EasyAcc because it was the cheapest one on Amazon that had enough current for my needs and that wasn't made by PortaPow.
I use this daily for my Nexus 7 (needs 2A) and Samsung Galaxy S (needs 850mA). It charges them both just fine and still has extra capacity for other devices.
It is absolutely cool to the touch so no energy is being wasted to heat.

As stated in the description, it only comes with the mains cable, no USB cables. If you have a high current devices like the Nexus, then be sure to buy a good quality micro USB cable too as not all cables are equal and cheaper thinner cables will not allow enough current to flow to charge your device as quickly as might otherwise be possible.

It does exactly what it says on the tin.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommended it.

ARRAY(0xa0bc4450)