on 15 July 2014
These tags are not really gadgets on their own, but they make owning a NFC enabled smartphone slightly more geeky fun. Working the same way Oyster cards or wireless payment cards do, you can use an App on your phone/tablet to programme these little sticky tags with functions, then swipe or tap your phone on them to activate the functions.

For example, programme a tag to switch on/off Wi-Fi and stick it by your front door, as you touch the tag with your phone on your way out of the house it switches off your phones Wi-fi and saves battery power while you’re out and about. Hands-free driving kit? Programme a tag to activate Bluetooth and touch your phone on it every time you get in and out of your car. I’ve got a tag on my desk at work that mutes my phone when I put it down; another tag texts my missus to tell her i’m on my way home when I swipe my phone across it when I leave. you can programme the tags to open websites or apps, activate functions such as volume or network connectivity, check in if you’re in to Foursquare type services…just about whatever you want! Ok, I’m only saving myself a few seconds each time I swipe my phone on a tag, but add up all those seconds and so far this year and I’ve probably saved myself… a minute! If, like me, you use technology for technology’s sake, then these geeky little tags will keep you entertained until your next fad.
on 29 April 2014
As I am disabled this was just what I needed for my iPad ,I can use iPad without it falling over,very pleased with how quick it was delivered thanks
on 30 September 2013
I recently purchased a pack of NFC tags from Amazon to play around with my Nexus 4 phone. Within minutes I'd downloaded the free NFC Task Launcher app for Android and begun programming my tags. Here's what I did...

Tag 1: The Car

I've attached this tag to the dashboard in our car and it does the following to my phone:

Turns off wifi and enables mobile data
Turns up all of the volume settings to max
Opens my Google Music app, so I can choose a playlist to listen to

Tag 2: Welcome Home!

This tag is located on the bookcase just inside my front door. When I swipe my phone over it, the following happens:

Mobile data is turned off and wifi is turned on
Volumes are turned down to 50%
My phone forces a sync to check for new emails / updates etc.

Tag 3: Bed Time

Attached to the headboard of our bed, this tag sets my phone up for the night, it:

Sets my phone to silent
Turns off vibrate
Sets my alarm volume to full
I could also have it set an alarm, but I have a wife who is far more successful at waking me up than an alarm!

Tag 4: Washing Machine!

This one is my favourite, for out and out unnecessary geekiness! Attached to our washing machine, it:

Set the alarm on my phone for when the washing cycle is due to finish (I worked the length out) and this means I'm less likely to forget to dry stuff once it's washed.

It also sends an sms to my wife, telling her "I've put a load in the washing machine x".

This scores me some husband points and also remind her that there's a load in the washing machine that needs drying if I'm out when she gets home. Domestic bliss!

Tag 5: The Keyring

Along with the 10 tags I purchased came an additional tag on a keyring. I've programmed this one to check into Foursquare. Whenever I swipe my phone over the keyring, it opens up the list of nearby Foursquare locations and I simply tap the correct one to check in.

The future's...NFC?

I've only had the tags a few days and I've already found some neat (if not somewhat novel) uses for them, so I'm sure there'll be even more uses in the coming weeks. One of the cool things about these tags is that once a tag is programmed, any NFC enabled device can read it - so my wife can use the tags I've programmed with her phone as well.

You can program tags to do things such as log visitors into your home wifi network without them needing the password and a whole host of other things.

All in all a great buy.
77 comments|94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 May 2014
I reviewed several different cases and keyboards for the iPad mini and was impressed with the Kamor offering. I have now had the time to use it and I would have no hesitation in recommending it.

It's a very good size & weight with the iPad mini attached. It links easily via BT and it has a very good battery life. It's a good, stylish design and feels very sturdy offering good protection. I especially like the rubber dots for feet that provide added grip.

The keyboard is small - obviously - so it takes a bit of getting used to and typing isn't that fast consequently but it interacts well with the iPad mini and the function key is very useful.

The price is excellent.

The only reason I haven't given it five stars is that the insertion and extraction of the iPad mini is not that quick or seamless. It obviously needs to stay fitted when it's inserted but the installation is fiddly and if you don't completely lock it in, it affects the closing mechanism and could potentially damage your iPad. Once it's in, it's absolutely fine and works perfectly. However, getting it out is not that smooth a manoeuvre.
on 8 May 2014
Brought this for my daughter looks great and worked well. Recommended to my father who also purchased and is very happy with. I had a problem with a loose screw but there customer service team responded promptly and replaced my item with no quibbles.
Protects ipad and it's ideal. Would recommend item and company
on 31 July 2014
I was debating getting a new laptop for the main purpose of doing my work anywhere (mainly bed). But the expense was putting me off. I already have an ipad mini and was free trialling the new Microsoft package which works on tablets too so I went looking for a keyboard for my tablet. I was worried about the price of the product at first as it was a rather cheap find. But it works a dream. Turns my little ipad into a macbook! And now I can do my lesson planning from bed.

Good delivery and very good product. Connects very easily through bluetooth. Would definitely recommend.
on 2 February 2015
This product worked fine until about 8 months of use. The lid became very stiff. The keyboard stopped working properly. Certain keys did not work.
The seller was excellent and provided me with a free replacement! Highly recommended!!!
on 14 March 2015
Great product with excellent customer support and service.
Very happy with this cool and useful device, I can really use my mini ipad now for more than browsing.
I recommend using WPS free app in app store for Word, Presentation and Spreadsheet creation and sharing.
BUY THIS DEVICE AND YOU CAN STOP USING YOUR LAPTOP NOW!!!
on 21 September 2014
I was slightly hesitant to buy this case and keyboard after reading a one- star review, but I took the chance and am very pleased with the product. The case fits my ipad mini perfectly and the keyboard connected like the instructions said it should. The keyboard itself is sleek and makes my ipad easy to use when I have a lot to type.
on 16 February 2014
Quick delivery and the item was as it said but wouldnt have bought it at the full price as don't think it's worth that much